What's new

Twin Peaks Season 2? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
according to dugpa.....no release this year. :frowning:
They say spring 2006, delayed so Lynch can oversee new transfer.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Sigh.

Oh well, I guess if Lynch is approving the new transfer, then that is something. We should get reasonable quality release - a relief given those previous rumours about using the old transfers.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I only just found out about this new 2006 release date and I'm now getting excited. :D
I'm bloody glad the R2 versions of the set included the pilot that's all I'll say. What surprised me most about watching Season 1 again was how incredibly small the timescale is: All 8 episodes (including the pilot) only cover about two days of story time. I don't remember that when I watched it week after week...

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Considering how bad Twin Peaks looked when Bravo reran it, a few extra months wait is enough.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Well, I'm split down the middle about Season 2. Despite being a fantatical TP'er I have to admit the second season was inconsistent at best.
The best episodes for me were the season premiere as well as the episode where Maddie is murdered (STUNNING), the death of Leland and the series finale.
Spoiler added by forum owner. Please do not
reveal episode plot lines without adding spoilers

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
Wait up on buying the Japanese Twin Peaks Season 1 set. Rumor has it that after Paramount release Season 2, they will re-release Season 1 with the Pilot just like they have in their overseas releases.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
You know, this is getting to be beyond a joke... I bought season 1 way back when it was released what-four years ago now? I'll believe this is coming when I have some discs in my hand...

Managed to avoid finding out what happens in season 2 for this long though!

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
All 8 episodes (including the pilot) only cover about two days of story time. I don't remember that when I watched it week after week...
It doesn't.

Each episode in Twin Peaks covers one day, with two exceptions. Episode 7 (the final episode in season 1) takes place on the night of the day covered in episode 6 (which means season 1 covers a week - from memory, I think they refer to it as having been a week, but I may be wrong), and then again at the end of episode 29 (the final episode) covering the rest of the day of episode 28. There is also a point in season 2 where they skip ahead three days.

They actually lost track of the timeline a bit though. There is one point where, if you pay attention to it, you discover the students were at school on a Saturday.

Britton

Screenwriter
I think my sister had an issue of the "Wrapped in Plastic" fanzine that had a calendar showing the days each episode took place on.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I apologize for not adding spoiler alerts. Considering how old this show is I couldn't imagine a true fan not knowing what happened. So I probably shouldn't say that Rosebud in Citizen Kane was really a . . . ;)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
It doesn't matter how old the show is, a lot of people discovered it on DVD and the second season obviously hasn't been released yet. There are still plenty of people out there anxiously waiting for the second season with Fire Walk With Me still in the shrink-wrap begging to be watched.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Not only am I desperately awaiting Season 2... I'm waiting for the announcement on a reissue of Season 1 now that the rights have reverted. I want to know how the entire series will be handeled and I've been edgy about picking up the current set for the past year plus!

I can't wait for a proper release of both seasons along with the pilot episode and a SE of Fire Walk!

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
An SE of Fire Walk With Me is in the works from MK2, the Freench owners, however, no word if they will get the hours worth of Deleted Scenes that Lynch had hand picked back in 2000 before New Line botched the DVD release.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Each episode in Twin Peaks covers one day, with two exceptions. Episode 7 (the final episode in season 1) takes place on the night of the day covered in episode 6 (which means season 1 covers a week - from memory, I think they refer to it as having been a week, but I may be wrong), and then again at the end of episode 29 (the final episode) covering the rest of the day of episode 28. There is also a point in season 2 where they skip ahead three days.
Hmm. I'll have to watch again. I guess it's just cut in such a way that it felt like that (and your comment about the end of one evening falling over two episodes is probably part of it) as I went through them. Certainly the pace seemed greatly accelerated from my initial recollection.

Ron Morgan

Agent
If Paramount has access to the gorgeous materials Artisan used for their S1 set, they should go ahead and release it in anticipation of the Second Season release. Give me the pilot and the original sound mix and I will happily re-purchase Season One. I certainly hope Paramount will include the original stereo mix for both seasons.

Peter Raber

Stunt Coordinator
Paramount best release the Pilot as a stand-alone in addition to re-packaging it into a Season 1 set, or just as a stand-alone altogether.

After buying the Artisan Season 1 I purchased a Korean version of the Pilot. Obviously very subpar but still vastly superior to my VHS copy from the original broadcast I would NOT double-dip on the Season 1 again solely for the Pilot.

Hopefully, Paramount won't try to screw over the fans that already bought the Season 1 set by making them buy it again just to get the Pilot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks