What's new

Pre-Order The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series (Collector's Edition) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
95ef3d1b-313d-45f7-8c0d-307f3524952f.jpg
“Gentlemen, we have the technology. We can rebuild him in high definition!”

THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN: THE COMPLETE SERIES
ARRIVES IN A BLU-RAY™ BOX SET ON JULY 12, 2022
FROM SHOUT! FACTORY

THE ICONIC SCI-FI ACTION TELEVISION SERIES TAKES FLIGHT IN A 33-DISC COLLECTOR’S EDITION RICH WITH BONUS FEATURES​
45ff15cc-dfdb-4166-a895-b8ddcc39475d.jpg
S.gif
S.gif
S.gif
Los Angeles, CA – Shout! Factory will release The Six Million Dollar Man: The Complete Series, a Blu-Ray™ Collector’s Edition on July 12, 2022. The 33-DVD box set will include the original broadcast episodes of the entire series and come packed with a wealth of bonus features including the three pilot films, new audio commentary with author Herbie J. Pilato and much more.

The three pilot films and all 99 episodes were transferred in 2015 from new interpositive film elements struck in 2011 from the original negative. Fans can get their hands on the complete series as it’s available on HD and Blu-Ray™ together in one Collector’s Edition for the first time by pre-ordering now on ShoutFactory.com.

Running for five seasons in the 1970s, this popular sci-fi action series made a star out of actor Lee Majors and a memorable pop culture figure in fictional character Steve Austin. The success of The Six Million Dollar Man gave way to a fan craze that generated excitement in action figures, comic books, lunchboxes, coloring books, records, board games and eventually The Bionic Woman, a spin-off seriesfeaturing lead character Jaime Sommers.​

Synopsis
When an aircraft crash leaves him barely alive, Colonel Steve Austin is rebuilt with cutting-edge bionic technology. Now, atomic-powered limbs propel him at speeds of 60 mph, giving him the ability to overturn massive objects and take on the world’s most nefarious villains and their evil plans. Join one of TV Guide’s “24 Greatest Action Heroes” as he tackles top-secret missions that left millions of fans breathless for five thrilling seasons and more.

Bonus Features
Season 1:
  • NEW Audio Commentary with author Herbie J. Pilato on THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN pilot film and the episodes POPULATION ZERO and DAY OF THE ROBOT
  • Real Bionics
  • An Iconic Opening
  • Bionic Breakdown
  • Season 1 VIPS: A Celebration of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN Guest Stars
  • OSI Mission Briefing: Executive Producer Harve Bennett
  • BONUS DISC: The 2-Part Syndicated Version of the 3 TV movies – THE MOON AND THE DESERT, WINE WOMEN AND WAR and THE SOLID GOLD KIDNAPPING
Season 2:
  • NEW Audio Commentary with author Herbie J. Pilato on the episode THE SEVEN MILLION DOLLAR MAN
  • Audio Commentary with writer Kenneth Johnson on the episodes THE BIONIC WOMAN Part 1 & 2
  • The Bionic Sound Effects
  • Season 2 VIPS: A Celebration of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN Guest Stars
Season 3:
  • Audio Commentary with director Cliff Bole on the episode THE BLUE FLASH
  • Audio Commentary with writer/producer Kenneth Johnson on the episodes THE SECRET OF BIG FOOT Part 1 & 2
  • Two crossover episodes from THE BIONIC WOMAN – WELCOME HOME, JAIME Part 1 & 2
  • The Search for Bigfoot
  • Season 3 VIPS: A Celebration of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN Guest Stars
Season 4:
  • NEW Audio Commentary with author Herbie J. Pilato on the episodes THE RETURN OF BIGFOOT Part 1 & 2 and THE BIONIC CHRISTMAS CAROL
  • Audio Commentary with director Cliff Bole on the episode VULTURES OF THE ANDES
  • Two crossover episodes from THE BIONIC WOMAN – THE RETURN OF BIGFOOT Part 2, KILL OSCAR Part 1 and 3
  • Season 4 VIPS: A Celebration of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN Guest Stars
  • OSI Mission Briefing: Actor Richard Anderson
Season 5:
  • Season 5 VIPS: A Celebration of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN Guest Stars
  • OSI Mission Briefing: Actor Martin E. Brooks
  • The Six Million Dollar Man’s Best Villains and Best Fights
Bonus Discs – Reunion Films and extras:
  • RETURN OF THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN
  • BIONIC SHOWDOWN
  • BIONIC EVER AFTER? – NEW 2K scan of the interpositive
  • NEW Bryan Cranston Gives It To Us Straight – the actor talks about his time on THE RETURN OF THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN AND THE BIONIC WOMAN
  • OSI Mission Briefing: writer/producer Kenneth Johnson
  • THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN original promos
  • Reunion Film promos
  • Stills from Kenneth Johnson’s Personal Collection
  • Still Gallery of the Bionic Testing Center brochure

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Hot diggity dog! It's about time! Darn pricey though.

Can anyone give us a review of the existing German blu ray set that's been out a few years?

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It'll come down a little but it's Shout, so who knows how much? But it's not Mill Creek! I gotta know detals! Same episode/crossover organization?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah its pricey because its Shout and unlikely to drop very much. Their titles rarely do. I just finished my 2nd watch of the DVD's so I can wait at least a year.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I’m considering it. But is it really Complete? No edits? Music rights? Etc?

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I don't think music rights are much of an issue with the series. Shout seems to go with whatever the studio gives them, so I'm very much hoping these aren't "syndicated" versions of the two parters and crossovers. If these were Kino, I'd be confident in its completeness.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I paid about the same amount for the Time Life set 5 years ago, and I still haven't finished watching it so this will be a pass for me. I like the Bionic Woman better anyway, and will definitely buy it -- if it ever comes out on Blu.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This is a no-brainer for me. The TL set is beautifully assembled but the prints are lacking. It's also one of my all time favorite shows, so I'll budget for this one!

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
It is expensive, but not Monkees-expensive, so I'll probably have to get it. Maybe there'll be a small discount.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Why can't Shout provide a proper press release saying exactly what this set will contain and if it has been worked on (don't like using "restored"). Its nice that you can preorder on Amazon but you are pretty much ordering blind. I don't see it listed on Shout's website yet.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Why can't Shout provide a proper press release saying exactly what this set will contain and if it has been worked on (don't like using "restored"). Its nice that you can preorder on Amazon but you are pretty much ordering blind. I don't see it listed on Shout's website yet.
There hasn't been a press release because Shout hasn't officially announced it yet. It's not Shout's fault that all the retailers are jumping the gun. I'd expect an official announcement/press release (though it may not have specifics) within the next few days though.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Here is a translation of a customer review of German box set from 2018 from Amazon.Germany

Note:

12 BD 50 discs for German release vs 33 discs for Shout.

The after series reunion movies are SD as well as the original TV movie movies versions of episodes before it became a weekly series apparently. Hope in the years since this release film elemets have been found to make HD versions but probably not.

"The Six Million Dollar Man", which was released by Turbine Medien on November 30th, 2018. A sturdy cardboard box (height: 17 cm, width: 14 cm, depth: 5 cm) is supplied with a drawing of Steve Austin on the cover, his bionic eye and a bionic arm in the background. The back of the box features the OSI logo, the "Office of Scientific Intelligence" for which Steve works as an agent. Around the box is a flyer with information about the box; great that no glue was used to fix it. The blue "FSK 16 approved" logo is only on this flyer, not on the box. The complete series, consisting of 5 seasons (106 episodes), is spread over 12 discs and housed in 2 HD Keep Cases. Unfortunately, the Blu-rays didn't get "solitary confinement"; 3 discs were stowed on each side of the Keep Case, one on the bottom and two slightly offset on top. When I opened it for the first time, the panes flew at me.

You can choose between German (DTS HD 2.0 Master Audio) and English (DTS HD 2.0 Master Audio) as the sound format, which also works during playback. So far I've looked & listened to a few episodes and I think the sound of both audio tracks is very good. The dialogues are easy to understand.

The image is in the format 1920x1080p (1.33:1). Since the series was shot in 4:3 and the black bars saved a lot of bit rate, I had slight concerns about the picture quality with 12 discs and a disc capacity of 50 GB. In view of the fact that this is not a current cinema production, but a series from the 70s, in which there are no hectic cuts and the action scenes run in slow motion to better represent the bionic effects, the Concerns quickly shelved. I have seasons 1-3 of this series on DVD. A more than significant improvement in the optics can be seen and heard in the acoustics.

Additional equipment includes:

- Pilot as film version* + longer double episode with optional German subtitles
- Pilot film versions of the double episodes "The Gun Runner" and "The Crime Syndicate"
- Movie version of the double episode "The Six Million Dollar Girl"*
- TV Movies Return of the Robots (1987)*, Bionic Showdown (1989)** and Bionic Ever After? (1994 > flyer says production year is 1984; this is incorrect)**
- Bonus Featurettes**: True Bionics, A Legendary Title Sequence, Season 1 & 2 Guest Stars, Interview with Producer Harve Bennett, Bionic Sound Effects

*SD, with German video synchronization
** SD, English language with optional German subtitles

There is also a beautifully designed booklet with exclusive artwork by Adrian Keindorf, which contains a brief description of the content of all episodes and the three reunion TV films including the original titles, stating the original first broadcast and the German first -charisma. Incidentally, the two films “Bionic Showdown” and “Bionic Ever After?” were never broadcast in German.

Personal conclusion:
A beautifully designed box containing the complete series "The Six Million Dollar Man" in HD on 12 Blu-rays in optically & acoustically good quality + pilot film, booklet with episode guide, 3 TV films + other extras = 6,000 minutes more powerful , faster and better bionic power. There is 1 star deduction because only the pilot film + 2 of the 3 TV films have German subtitles and the discs deserve better storage.

Last edited:

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I bought the Time Life set I guess it was 12 years ago now? Great presentation but I admit I was disappointed in the image quality. I might have to get this eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks