What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Star Trek: Picard: The Final Season (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
d9dcbd6a-7c76-ee12-8492-1e043a39dbe1.png
“Best season of Star Trek ever”
(JoBlo)

Star Trek: Picard – The Final Season Arrives on DVD, Blu-ray™, and Limited-Edition Blu-ray™ SteelBook on September 5
24a8d9b6-7f94-4836-668d-e9f5c07c47da.png
64f4e02d-4553-80ab-bc71-039388704b88.jpg
The Next Generation Cast Reunion Three Decades in the Making. Go Behind the Scenes with the Cast and Crew with Over 2 ½ Hours of Special Features

LOS ANGELES – June 16, 2023 –
The epic and thrilling conclusion to Star Trek: Picard – The Final Season, arrives on DVD, Blu-ray™, and a limited-edition Blu-ray SteelBook September 5th from Paramount Home Entertainment. Hailed as “Thrilling” and “A show worth watching — and celebrating,” (IndieWire),
Star Trek: Picard – The Final Season reunites four-time Emmy Award® nominee* Patrick Stewart as Captain Jean-Luc Picard and The Next Generationcrew in this final adventure where he is set on a collision course with the legacy of his past and explosive, new revelations that will alter the fate of the Federation forever. Star Trek: Picard – The Final Season includes over 2 ½ hours of special features, including behind the scenes featurettes with the cast and crew, a hilarious gag reel, and never-before-seen deleted scenes.

The all-star cast includes Patrick Stewart (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, X-Men) as Jean-Luc Picard, LeVar Burton (Star Trek: Generations) as Geordi La Forge, Michael Dorn (“Star Trek: The Next Generation,” Star Trek: Insurrection) as Worf, Jonathan Frakes (Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection) as Will Riker, Gates McFadden (“Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Insurrection) as Dr. Beverly Crusher, Michelle Hurd (“Blindspot,” “Hawaii Five-0”) as Raffi Musiker, Marina Sirtis (“Star Trek: Lower Decks,” Star Trek: Generations) as Deanna Troi, Brent Spiner (“Star Trek: The Next Generation,” Star Trek: First Contact) as Commander Data, Ed Speleers (“You,” “Downton Abbey”) as Jack Crusher, and Jeri Ryan (“Bosch,” “Body of Proof”) as Seven of Nine.

Also available on September 5th will be Star Trek: Picard – The Complete Series which includes all three seasons of the hit show and over 7 hours of special features.

And coming October 17th will be the definitive release for Next Generation fans, Star Trek: The Picard Legacy Collection. The limited edition individually numbered 54-Disc Blu-ray collection features one of a kind packaging that houses every series and film featuring Jean-Luc Picard. Along with over 35 hours of special features, films and series include “Star Trek: The Next Generation – Seasons 1-7,” “Star Trek: Picard – Seasons 1-3,” Star Trek: Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Nemesis, and Star Trek: Insurrection. This limited set also includes an exclusive edition of The Wisdom of Picard featuring brand new artwork and quotes, along with a one-of-a-kind deck of playing cards, a magnet sheet featuring all of Captain Picard’s badges and four custom Chateau Picard drink coasters.

Star Trek: Picard – The Final Season Synopsis
In the epic, thrilling conclusion of Star Trek: Picard, a desperate message from a long-lost friend draws Starfleet legend Admiral Jean-Luc Picard into the most daring mission of his life, forcing him to recruit allies spanning generations old and new. This final adventure sets him on a collision course with the legacy of his past and explosive, new revelations that will alter the fate of the Federation forever.

Star Trek: Picard – The Final Season Special Features:
Includes exclusive-to-home-entertainment special features including never-before-seen footage and audio commentary on select episodes from the show creators and cast. Get a galactic view of the creative vision behind the show and the rebuilding of Enterprise-D. This release also features deleted scenes and a Q&A panel with cast and crew.
  • The Gang’s All Here – Featurette (Exclusive)
  • The Making of the Last Generation – Featurette (Exclusive)
  • Audio Commentary on select episodes (Exclusive)
  • Deleted Scenes (Exclusive)
  • Gag Reel (Exclusive)
  • Rebuilding the Enterprise-D – Featurette
  • Villainous Vadic - Featurette
  • Picard: The Final Season Q&A
Star Trek: The Picard Legacy Collection
  • 35 hours of bonus features
  • Premium Packaging Containing 54 Blu-ray Discs, 154 Episodes and Exclusive Collectables
  • All Series and Films Featuring Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    • Star Trek: The Next Generation® – Seasons 1-7
    • Star Trek: Picard – Seasons 1-3
    • Star Trek: Generations
    • Star Trek: First Contact
    • Star Trek: Nemesis
    • Star Trek: Insurrection
  • Exclusive Collectables:
    • Magnetic Captain Picard Badges
    • 4 Custom Chateau Picard Drink Coasters
    • Custom Deck of Playing Cards
    • Exclusive Version of The Wisdom of Picard, The Wisdom of Picard: The Legacy Collection Edition
      • Featuring New Cover Art
      • Including quotes from the latest seasons of Star Trek: Picard
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Petition for 4k release:

The Bits says Paramount is paying close attention:

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is 4K for this the equivalent of Nigel Tufnel's 11 setting on his amp knobs? If Season Three of Picard was finished in 2K only, why the big UHD push?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
They did an HDR color grading for Paramount+ so a hypothetical UHD disc could take advantage of that - it would be equivalent to the many theatrical films that are finished in 2K but get UHD discs.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, for me it would be about preserving the HDR experience I had on Paramount+ via disc. I'll buy the Blu-ray if no 4K release is forthcoming, but I'd rather get it on Ultra HD disc even if the pixels themselves are upscaled.

That being said, the first two seasons do look great on Blu-ray.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Just a heads-up for those that care: the steelbook edition is currently $8 cheaper than the regular edition.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This is coming next week. I guess we’re not getting a UHD release?

Either way, I'm looking forward to it. One of the best seasons of any Star Trek in 57 years.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
There's apparently an error in the S3 blu-rays, the final episode of the series.

This shot of the Enterprise-D is from a temp effects shot was used,
1694014307862.png

when it should have been this finished shot:
1694014329504.png

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The Bits said that the so-called “temp” shot was used when the episode premiered and was later changed to the so-called “finished” shot.

That means the Blu-ray is an accurate reflection of how the episode first aired, so I have no issue.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This release crept up on me so fast! I totally forgot to pre-order and the Steelbook doesn’t appear to be available at Amazon. But I managed to order a copy from Best Buy this morning. So I hope to find time to get there to pick it up. How quaint, going to the store.

interesting to read about the effects temp shot error/ non error. I wonder if there will be a replacement disc? I’ll read the article on the Bits.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My local Best Buy doesn't carry physical media any more, and both Best Buy and Target have sold out of the steelbook online. So I ended up doing an online order for in-store pickup at the Best Buy 30+ miles away. This is definitely the most effort I've ever gone to for a steelbook.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The temp shot looks closer to how I remember the Enterprise-D from TNG anyway, so I'm fine with leaving it in there.

The temp shot was what I saw it when it first went up in the middle of the night. Then whenever I saw it the second time it was different. Thought I had imagined that until this article.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
My local Best Buy doesn't carry physical media any more, and both Best Buy and Target have sold out of the steelbook online. So I ended up doing an online order for in-store pickup at the Best Buy 30+ miles away. This is definitely the most effort I've ever gone to for a steelbook.
My order with local pick-up at my Best Buy feel through as they alerted me they were out of stock after I placed the order! I guess their computer system was wrong about available stock. I’m debating what options there are. Wait to see if there is more stock coming, assuming they will make more Steelbook copies, or look at other Best Buy stores, keep looking at outlets like DeepDiscount and Amazon or go the eBay route. I’d really like to get the Steelbook because I have the other seasons on Steelbook.

I wonder if there is a replication problem or they just didn’t plan to make that many or demand is extremely high.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
This release crept up on me so fast! I totally forgot to pre-order and the Steelbook doesn’t appear to be available at Amazon.

Same here. Just last night, I noticed that it was released last Tuesday, and the SteelBook wasn't available at Bull Moose.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I got lucky today and was able to find a copy at a Best Buy along my route home from work. This store didn’t show stock on hand earlier. So I’m so glad I found this Steelbook copy. I can rest now until the Strange New Worlds Season 2 blu ray/4K is announced.

IMG_2097.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks