Advertising Privacy Statement
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
HTF generally collects personally identifiable information with your specific knowledge and consent. When you register on HTF, we collect your email address, username, password. These are required for users to store and modify content on the site. We will also collect messages, IP address, and information from browser data and cookies.
Your User ID, lists and associated content and any postings you make to the forums and wikis are displayed throughout the Site. Therefore this data is available to the public and will be identifiable to your User ID.
This information may sometimes be collected by third party service providers with whom HTF contracts to host the web site or to fulfill requests for services; in that event, HTF asks such service providers to make the personal information available only to HTF for HTF to use in accordance with the terms of this policy and not to use the information for any other purpose. HTF uses this information to allow you to enjoy the functionality of the site, to troubleshoot and to provide customer support. In addition, HTF may use your content to improve our marketing and promotional efforts by providing targeted advertising based on the content of your Product Profile.
We do not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. If you send an email using the service to an email address that is not registered in our community, we do not use that email address for any purpose other than to send your email. We do not rent or sell these email addresses, nor do we send them marketing messages. Other users may send emails and in-system messages to you via the HTF service. HTF does not review these messages before they are sent to you. If you are receiving inappropriate private messages or any form of spam, contact a HTF administrator and swift action will be taken to ban the offending user's account. On an aggregate, non-personally identifiable level we may also use this data to analyze site usage, customize the site's content, layout, and services, and for disclosure to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes and to demonstrate to them the value of our own site. However, we do not sell or rent any of your personally identifying data to third parties for marketing purposes.
When you register for the first time on HTF, you will be automatically opted in to receive email notices, which may include notification if someone sends you a message, HTF newsletters and announcements, and notification of new activity on your subscriptions.
- we utilize third party service providers to provide products, services or functions on our behalf (such as sending emails or processing credit cards or fulfilling subscriptions), and ask these service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information and not to use your personally identifiable information for any reason except to carry out the purpose(s) for which we hired them;
- you have entered a contest or sweepstakes sponsored by a third party, in which case the information may be shared with that third party for their use in their discretion, including direct marketing. (Some of our contests and sweeps will ask you at the time of entry whether you would like your personal information to be shared with the sponsor. Other contests will not give you that option and in that event, if you do not want your information to be shared, you should not enter the contest);
- you have furnished us personal information with the intent that it be forwarded to a third party for use in connection with a specified service you are electing to participate in (examples include, without limitation, e-commerce partners, services to help old friends locate you online, etc.);
- we need to protect our legal rights
- we must comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal or regulatory process;
- we have reason to believe that someone may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or the rights of our users, or general public, or using our services in violation of a legal or personal right
NOTE: Our Policy Toward Children
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us via our feedback form
. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Your Internet Protocol ("IP") address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet Service Provider, your company or your university. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another Web site or a search engine); the pages you visit on the sites, the Web site you visit after our site; the ads you see; the ads you click on; other information about the type of Web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Web Site or a referral site; and other Web usage activity and data logged by our Web servers. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, gather broad demographic information, and administer our website. We may also link this information with your personal information when we feel that it is necessary to enforce compliance with our rules and policies or terms of service or to protect our Sites, customers or others.
This Site is affiliated with AdThrive, LLC (“AdThrive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site. AdThrive uses standard and widely-available tools for the placement and serving of ads, including those provided by Google, Inc. and its affiliates. We publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, AdThrive, Google and our other advertising partners will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by us or AdThrive related to advertising on the Site, you can contact us at **insert contact email address here** and contact AdThrive at [email protected]
If you wish to see a list of the advertising partners we work with or change which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, click the ad preferences link at the bottom of the site. (Available in the EU.)