What's new

Twin Peaks Season 2? (1 Viewer)

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
The latest news from www.dugpa.com :
INLAND EMPIRE will not premiere at this years Cannes Film Festival. Rumors have been floating around that it should be released sometime around November of this year. As for what that means for other Lynch Projects, you can expect that work on the transfers for Twin Peaks Season 2 will probably be delayed until after INLAND EMPIRE has completed. Lets cross our fingers and hope that this still means a late 2006 release will still be possible. In other Twin Peaks related news, I heard back from MK2 that they are still working with Lynch to try and come to some sort of agreement and that a re-release of FWWM on DVD would come out no earlier than early 2007.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I got my stack of VHS tapes waiting to be transfered to DVD. Seeing as they were taped off broadcast, at SLP, I'm really hoping to get some kind of firm announcement one way or the other so I know whether or not to dump them or copy them. :frowning:
This is a real bummer.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
There's a fifteen minute or so interview with Lynch up at Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/gp/gss/detail/...363697-7301555 Scroll down, right-hand side of the page...
Twin Peaks restoration work is covered.
Still going to be awhile. Frustrating (especially for those of you 'hanging' if you got 1 and can't get 2...), but it'll come eventually...
Very excited about Inland Empire.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
It's SO frustrating waiting for the second season to be announced. Now I know how poor Nadine felt trying to make those silent curtains.

Cotton Balls !

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
A bit of news from davisdvd.com:
"Television is a heartache," says filmmaker David Lynch in Amazon Wire, Amazon.com's original and free interview podcast. In this month's extended interview, the director reveals that work is indeed imminent on the second season of Twin Peaks for eventual release onto DVD and that he will be supervising timing, color correction and 5.1 audio remix for the episodes.
In the five years since Artisan Entertainment released their spectacular first season box set, fans of the cult series have been anxiously awaiting the follow-up (and final) season to get the same treatment.
The main factor for the hold-up has been that Artisan Entertainment's video licensing rights to the series expired in September 2005 and transferred to Paramount Home Entertainment, whose parent company Viacom had bought Republic Pictures - the series' former distributor - back in 1998. A second major reason for delay has been Lynch's schedule. But with production on his latest film, Inland Empire, nearing completion, the director can oversee the high definition transfers and audio remixing personally.
Although no release date has been announced, plans also call for Paramount to re-release the first season box set to include the pilot episode - with an all-new high def transfer - which was left off of the Artisan release due to rights issues. In any case, be sure to check out the entire interview with Lynch over at Amazon Wire.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Chris Dugger said:
Was it the R1 release that didn't include the pilot?
My japanese import includes the pilot.
Dugger
Correct. I had to buy the Hong Kong R0 import, now OOP to have the pilot. It looks like crap, but the R1 set was wonderful!

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
The Japanese Box set was identical to the USA R1 box set...
The exception was that it included the pilot...
Overall quality of this pilot (in this Japanese set) is far superior to that of the Hong Kong R0 release.
Dugger

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
ravma said:
TVShowsonDVD hasn't posted it yet, but Paramount has announced the REGION 1 release of S2!!
http://dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=63581
April 10th is the date, Extras still haven't been announced.
I still love that cover art.
Well, we posted the release date a few weeks ago:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6675
And I followed that up yesterday with artwork, and general extras (specifics aren't available yet):
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6742
Gord

Jari

Stunt Coordinator
Some not so good news about Twin Peaks Season 2 dvd set. One guy in another forum said he has the dvd set that contains the first half of Season 2 and it doesn't have 'previously in Twin Peaks' -bits! He has the German R2 set, but it's quite certain that it's same deal for the rest of europe and most likely R1 too. Shame on you Paramount!

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator
So with the release of S2, I am wondering if S1 + pilot will be re-released? I wasn't in the DVD game in 2001, and it's now way too expensive to buy used. I gather from the thread that the Artisan set was very impressive, but there has got to be something for the rest of us. It would be very comical to have S2 but not S1!

So any word on if S2 will bring about a re-release of S1? Or a complete series set? The new collectors out there would appreciate it!

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I am curious about the Japanese R1 with the Pilot. Perhaps you could keep searching for that on the net?

What about the Region 2 set? Does that come with a better version of the pilot?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I am definately waiting for the complete series set!! they should include fire walk with me aswell but that is unlikely since it is owned by a different studio.

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
TravisR said:
Personally, I'll be picking up S2 in April and depending on how good the series set looks, I'll pick that up and sell off the other ones.
I'd buy the Complete set if it contained Deleted Scenes. What else can they put in there to make me double dip this one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks