What's new

Press Release MPI Press Release: The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD) (3 Viewers)

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
The color episodes have been interesting - I never guessed the Nelson kitchen countertops would be bright red!
Just watched "Helpful June" which was a fun episode -but I did miss Connie in the office scenes. Still looking forward to my first glimpse of her in color.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Just received my S13 and S14 sets here in Japan today. As DaveHof mentions above, it's a trip to see the Nelsons and co. (and their loud mid-'60s home decor) in vivid color in the final season. (BTW, David, you can get a brief glimpse of secretary Connie Harper in full color in S14's "The Trip Trap").

It's truly wonderful to finally have the entire fourteen season run on DVD, in very nice quality...all 436 episodes at my fingertips whenever I want to throw one on. Thank you, MPI, Sam Nelson and to everyone else who made this possible!

PXL_20231127_121056029.jpg

Purple Wig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alan
Thank you, MPI, Sam Nelson and to everyone else who made this possible!
With what we know about the "butterfly effect", it seems entirely possible that some minor, long forgotten act on my part long ago may have been the catalyst for the series release, so I will graciously accept your thanks, Jeff. You are very welcome and enjoy!

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
The color episodes have been interesting - I never guessed the Nelson kitchen countertops would be bright red!
Just watched "Helpful June" which was a fun episode -but I did miss Connie in the office scenes. Still looking forward to my first glimpse of her in color.

In the "Helpful June" episode. June Vincent makes a guest appearance.
She appeared with Ozzie and Harriet in a movie called "Honeymoon Lodge".

1701325965335.png

mark-edk

Second Unit

DaveM4964

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Davey Meredith
Just received my S13 and S14 sets here in Japan today. As DaveHof mentions above, it's a trip to see the Nelsons and co. (and their loud mid-'60s home decor) in vivid color in the final season. (BTW, David, you can get a brief glimpse of secretary Connie Harper in full color in S14's "The Trip Trap").

It's truly wonderful to finally have the entire fourteen season run on DVD, in very nice quality...all 436 episodes at my fingertips whenever I want to throw one on. Thank you, MPI, Sam Nelson and to everyone else who made this possible!

View attachment 204899

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The only downer is those of us who bought the series individually miss out on the bonus content and the cool box the discs come in.

Very true-- however, some people's DVD shelves may not have had room for the all-in-one, and so the individual seasonals may have been the better option for them (given that each one is 3 or 4 discs, and all of them have apparently fit quite nicely w/@Jeff Flugel's setup).

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Very true-- however, some people's DVD shelves may not have had room for the all-in-one, and so the individual seasonals may have been the better option for them (given that each one is 3 or 4 discs, and all of them have apparently fit quite nicely w/@Jeff Flugel's setup).
Well, Ben, I'm lucky enough in that I don't have a storage space problem (at the moment)...but others certainly might. Frankly, though, I doubt the all-in-one series box of O & H would take up much more space then those 14 season DVD sets already do. I'm guessing the biggest complaint people might have is the lack of the bonus disc. Maybe down the line MPI might release that as a stand alone? Probably not, but we can hope, anyway.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Well, Ben, I'm lucky enough in that I don't have a storage space problem (at the moment)...but others certainly might. Frankly, though, I doubt the all-in-one series box of O & H would take up much more space then those 14 season DVD sets already do. I'm guessing the biggest complaint people might have is the lack of the bonus disc. Maybe down the line MPI might release that as a stand alone? Probably not, but we can hope, anyway.

That is a great point-- of course, I don't live practically all the way around the world like you do, so I didn't have much to go on outside of that picture of how your shelf(ves) are set up.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I mean sure I could’ve waited for the complete series set but then I wouldn’t have been enjoying these episodes in this condition for the past 18 months. Everything’s a trade off :)

I made the decision not to purchase either of the TimeLife best of sets that came out first and waited the additional time for the individual season sets to come out because that’s what best balanced my desire to own a high quality version with my desire to watch them sooner than later.

I think for better or worse the disc market being what it is, this release strategy gave them the best chance of recouping their investment. I’m just glad these exist as a licensed consumer product after decades of unofficial releases.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
From the pictures I saw on Amazon's Complete Series listing, it seems that the box would be storing the individual DVD cases as they were on the original releases, so no SLIM cases, no CARDBOARD SLIDE cases and most importantly - NO 2 BIG BOX cases with all the discs on top of each other.

I'd been stalling on this wonderful show for a while due to having to pick up some other shows I had on my list, so if that is indeed the case, I'll definitely be buying the complete set. I've avoided the Bonanza and Gunsmoke complete sets for that reason alone - hate those gigantic boxes with all the discs stacked on each other like toast salami.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
From the pictures I saw on Amazon's Complete Series listing, it seems that the box would be storing the individual DVD cases as they were on the original releases, so no SLIM cases, no CARDBOARD SLIDE cases and most importantly - NO 2 BIG BOX cases with all the discs on top of each other.

I'd been stalling on this wonderful show for a while due to having to pick up some other shows I had on my list, so if that is indeed the case, I'll definitely be buying the complete set. I've avoided the Bonanza and Gunsmoke complete sets for that reason alone - hate those gigantic boxes with all the discs stacked on each other like toast salami.

So basically, you're getting the all-in-one because the discs will come the same way as they were packaged w/the individual seasonals?

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
BTW, now that Ozzie & Harriett is complete and out in the wild, I wonder if, maybe, MPI can pick up another super long running show like... hmmm... Death Valley Days and finish it up? Shout has completely given up on it and there's 15 more seasons to go.

The remastering/restoration work has also been done and completed afaik.

A western fan can dream, right?

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Weigel Broadcasting, owners of Me-TV and sister networks including Catchy Comedy (formerly “Decades”), is running the O&H Christmas episodes this weekend as part of Catchy’s Christmas episode marathon of various comedy classics.

I DVR’d today’s episodes, and they are using the new DVD transfers, but in edited versions that are slightly time-compressed. The episodes ran about 24 minutes, with around 6 minutes of commercials. The transfer used for “The Boys’ Christmas Money” from Season 1 looked a little nicer than the DVD version. Maybe they did a little additional cleanup work for the TV versions after the DVD releases? As I recall, the Season 1 remastered episodes had some various rough-looking ones on the DVDs.

MPI Home Video’s logo follows the end credits, which are run in a box within the last 30 seconds of the story. I think Catchy does this with many of their shows, unfortunately.

More episodes air tomorrow. I would love to see the series added to their weekday lineup so the show can potentially find a bigger audience thanks to the new transfers. If not on Catchy, then maybe Me-TV or Me-TV Plus.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks