What's new

MPI Media Group Press Release: The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet: The Official Restored Complete Series (DVD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet:
The Official Restored Complete Series

The Full 50 Disc DVD Set Available On December 19th

fe0e5229-d2b5-4aa9-9c1c-5f7dd9c9fb6c.jpg

The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet:
The Official Restored Complete Series

The Full 50 Disc DVD Set Available On December 19th​

For a record-breaking fourteen seasons and 435 episodes, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet™ aired on ABC-TV from 1952 through 1966, becoming one of the most cherished cultural touchstones of the twentieth century. The gentle humor of the prolific and popular sitcom was brought to the screen by the real-life Nelson family: Ozzie and wife Harriet with their sons David and Rick, all portraying themselves in a trend-setting blend of fact-meets-fiction comedy decades before Seinfeld and other semi-reality based shows.

The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet™ comedically chronicled the daily lives of the Nelson family as David and Ricky grew up before millions of weekly viewers. For the very first time, in association with the Nelson family, the entire series has been digitally restored from the original film negatives for superior picture quality.

Joining the Nelsons are Lyle Talbot and Mary Jane Croft as Ozzie and Harriet’s best friends Joe and Clara Randolph along with classic television and film guest stars such as Frank Cady, Linda Evans, Billy Mumy, Kent McCord, Tuesday Weld, StanleyLivingston, Barry Livingston, Mamie Van Doren, Wally Cox, The Four Preps and others.

The Official Restored Complete Series presents all 435 episodes on 50 discs —including the rare final season in color—plus hours of bonuses including new featurettes with family and cast members, promotional spots, cast commercials, home movies and more.

# # #​

The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet: The Official Restored Complete Series:*
DVD SRP: $259.98 each
Running time: 186 hours (50 discs)
Language: English
Not rated​

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Pismo

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
Just picked up the complete box set on Amazon for $159.99. ($100 off!!!)

Can't wait! I've been watching a couple of episodes on Amazon Prime before I go to bed each night. One of my all time favorite series.

* Just curious...why no mention of the great Don DeFore (Thorny) in the promo? I love how he irritates Oz.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Just picked up the complete box set on Amazon for $159.99. ($100 off!!!)

Can't wait! I've been watching a couple of episodes on Amazon Prime before I go to bed each night. One of my all time favorite series.

* Just curious...why no mention of the great Don DeFore (Thorny) in the promo? I love how he irritates Oz.
Hi, if you get a chance could you let us know what the booklet looks like. I have the one from the Time-Life sets but I understand this booklet is different. I had also purchased the individual 14 seasons separately so I don't want to go out and buy the complete set. I hope MPI does release the bonus materials separately as someone in this thread mentioned.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Does anyone know what the “The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet Revisited” featurette consists of and what its length is?
I bought the set and posted some photos of it last month in the Season 1&2 thread.
The Featurette is just under 12 minutes and is a documentary about the Nelsons and the series, hosted by TV historian Mark Quigley. It discusses their careers before the show and features observations and anecdotes about the series and its impact on the medium.
There’s another new Featurette included called “Ozzie’s Boys” that runs about 25 minutes and features a look back at the neighborhood kids who guest-starred on the show, along with Ricky’s TV band The Four Preps. It includes new interviews with Barry Livingston, Bill Mumy, Bruce Belland and others.

The booklet is 20 pages comprised mostly of photos along with a few text pages noting the show’s history and how it evolved and developed during its run. It’s a bit smaller in size than the Time-Life booklet. Here’s a few photos of it…

Attachments

• IMG_3404.jpeg
    IMG_3404.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3405.jpeg
    IMG_3405.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3406.jpeg
    IMG_3406.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Yes!!!! With the Amazon sale, it works out to about $11.50 a season! My week is sorted out.
Like some others on here, I might have waited for the complete set to come out instead of buying the individual seasons for more, but I got a jump start on watching these when they first came out 2 or 3 years ago. Some of us may not have been sure if or when a complete set would come out, so we ended up buying the individual seasons.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
As an Ozzie And Harriet fanatic, I bought the Mill Creek, Shout Factory , Time Life and every season of the MPI releases, plus MPI’s Christmas DVD.
But , this looks like a beautiful set.
The house packaging is fantastic!
I’m tempted to triple dip!!
BUT, I’m wondering- is it possible MPI might someday release this box set on Blu-ray? So I’m holding off for the immediate future, hoping it happens!

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
As an Ozzie And Harriet fanatic, I bought the Mill Creek, Shout Factory , Time Life and every season of the MPI releases, plus MPI’s Christmas DVD.
But , this looks like a beautiful set.
The house packaging is fantastic!
I’m tempted to triple dip!!
BUT, I’m wondering- is it possible MPI might someday release this box set on Blu-ray? So I’m holding off for the immediate future, hoping it happens!
I bought a 385 episode set which had a mix of film transfers and TV recordings from an ebay dealer, the Time Life set and all the individual seasons from MPI too. I am also tempted to get that complete set( darn wish that booklet and extras were available separately). A Blu Ray would be unbelievable!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks