What's new

Press Release MPI Press Release: The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet: Seasons 3-6 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
THE ORIGINAL TV SITCOM FAMILY IS BACK AND FULLY
RESTORED & REMASTERED IN 4K FOR ITS 70th ANNIVERSARY

THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET™
SEASONS 3 + 4 available now
SEASONS 5 + 6 available September 27th

The Long-Running and Beloved Series About the Real-Life Nelson Family Arrives For The First Time Ever on Digital Platforms and As Multi-DVD Sets From MPI

The Entire Series Has Been Restored From The Original 35mm Picture And Sound Elements In Association With The UCLA Film & Television Archive​
65d3bfea-8c4f-4f96-b543-bada34450bbd.jpg
1ebf8e09-ad45-4c4e-88a3-c6629c475544.jpg

THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET
Seasons 3 & 4

The Long-Running and Beloved Series About the Real-Life Nelson Family Arrives For The First Time Ever on Digital Platforms and As a Three Multi-DVD Sets From MPI

The Entire Series Has Been Restored From The Original 35mm Picture And Sound Elements In Association With The UCLA Film & Television Archive
For a record-breaking fourteen seasons and 435 episodes, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet™ aired on ABC-TV from 1952 through 1966, becoming one of the most cherished cultural touchstones of the twentieth century. The gentle humor of the prolific and popular sitcom was brought to the screen by the real-life Nelson family: Ozzie and wife Harriet with their sons, David and Rick, all portraying themselves in a trend-setting blend of fact-meets-fiction comedy decades before Seinfeld and other semi-reality based shows.

The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet™ humorously chronicled the daily lives of the Nelson family as David and Ricky grew up before millions of weekly viewers. For the very first time, in association with the Nelson family, the entire series has been digitally restored with complete episodes from the original film negatives and audio reels for superior picture and sound quality.

THE OFFICIAL COMPLETE SEASON THREE contains all 28 full, fun-filled episodes including rare adventures not seen on television in decades. Don DeFore appears as Ozzie’s neighbor pal Thorny along with classic television and film guest stars Frank Cady, Janet Waldo, Parley Baer, Diane Jergens, Joseph Kearns, Lloyd Corrigan, Grady Sutton and other familiar faces.

THE OFFICIAL COMPLETE SEASON FOUR contains all 26 full, fun-filled episodes including rare adventures not seen on television in decades. Don DeFore appears as Ozzie’s neighbor pal Thorny along with classic television and film guest stars Frank Cady, Joi Lansing, Lyle Talbot, Mary Jane Croft, Hal Smith, Jesse White, Elvia Alman, Parley Baer, Diane Jergens, King Donovan, Marvin Miller and other familiar faces.

ed001e47-67a9-4751-93fb-436075277ded.jpg
15b23066-5965-442a-9dd7-15a558bae129.jpg

THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET
Seasons 5 & 6

The Long-Running and Beloved Series About the Real-Life Nelson Family Arrives For The First Time Ever on Digital Platforms and As a Three Multi-DVD Sets From MPI​

For a record-breaking fourteen seasons and 435 episodes, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet™ aired on ABC-TV from 1952 through 1966, becoming one of the most cherished cultural touchstones of the twentieth century. The gentle humor of the prolific and popular sitcom was brought to the screen by the real-life Nelson family: Ozzie and wife Harriet with their sons, David and Rick, all portraying themselves in a trend-setting blend of fact-meets-fiction comedy decades before Seinfeld and other semi-reality based shows.

The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet™ humorously chronicled the daily lives of the Nelson family as David and Ricky grew up before millions of weekly viewers. For the very first time, in association with the Nelson family, the entire series has been digitally restored with complete episodes from the original film negatives and audio reels for superior picture and sound quality.

THE OFFICIAL COMPLETE SEASON FIVE contains all 39 full, fun-filled episodes including rare adventures not seen on television in decades. Don DeFore appears as Ozzie’s neighbor pal Thorny along with classic television and film guest stars Frank Cady, Nancy Kulp, Edgar Buchanan, Mary Jane Croft, Dwayne Hickman, Joi Lansing, James Stacy, Parley Baer and other familiar faces.

THE OFFICIAL COMPLETE SEASON SIX contains all 35 full, fun-filled episodes including rare adventures not seen on television in decades. Lyle Talbot and Mary Jane Croft appear as Ozzie and Harriet’s best friends Joe and Clara Randolph along with classic television and film guest stars Frank Cady, Stanley Livingston, James Stacy, Edgar Buchanan, Madge Blake, Hal Smith, Joi Lansing, Parley Baer, Yvonne Lime and other familiar faces.

# # #​

THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET: SEASONS 3 AND 4
DVD SRP: $29.98 each
Running time: 720/660 minutes each (3 discs each set)
Language: English
Not rated

THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET: SEASONS 5 AND 6
DVD SRP: $29.98 each
Running time: 990/870 minutes each (4 discs each set)
Language: English
Not rated​

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Apparently season’s 1-6 have quietly been released digitally in HD! I happened to see a mention of it at The Digital Bits and went looking and sure enough Vudu and Amazon have the first 6 seasons for HD purchase (at $25 per season) and the first 2 seasons are even available on Amazon Prime for subscribers. Glad I didn’t invest in DVDs as this is much better!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Indeed - they’ve been coming out day and date with the DVDs. I bought season 1 on Vudu and shared some observations on one of the threads here. The bottom line for me was that they’re from the same new masters, and they have the same pluses and minuses as the DVDs. I decided that I wanted to have a physical version in my library so I’m sticking with buying the DVDs for now, but I may purchase more of the digitals at a later date, especially if there’s ever a good deal on the complete series.

I would bet that the licensing fee from Amazon Prime is doing a good job helping put this project into the black.

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
I am still nauseated at the fact that I let Seasons 1-8 of Ozzie & Harriet slide right through my hands this weekend. A seller had the seasons on eBay and I bid on them for a while, but I lost my way, and someone bought all 8 seasons for $72 (US).

To say I am nauseated is a vast understatement.

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
What are the odds of a complete series box set being released? I know sometimes companies box all the DVD sets into one big set after they have released them individually, or vice versa.

Should I be holding my breath for a complete series set?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks