What's new

MPI Media Group Press Release: The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet: The Official Restored Complete Series (DVD) (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I bought a 385 episode set which had a mix of film transfers and TV recordings from an ebay dealer, the Time Life set and all the individual seasons from MPI too. I am also tempted to get that complete set( darn wish that booklet and extras were available separately). A Blu Ray would be unbelievable!

Bought of all of those as well over the years. Won't buy on the complete set from MPI though. Not even a temptation after faithfully pre-ordering all of the individual sets. A Blu Ray release might tempt me though.

Gary "saving up to support other labels at the moment - those that specialize in classic releases I love" O.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
BUT, I’m wondering- is it possible MPI might someday release this box set on Blu-ray?

I think it’s possible in the sense that the film elements were scanned in 4K, and HD masters were created for digital distribution, so a lot of the heavy lifting has already been done. I think it’s just one of those things where MPI is going to have to look at their sales figures for the disc and digital versions and try to determine if there’s any market left for another version.

Like you I’ve had many versions of O&H, and then bought all of the individual MPI DVD seasons, but am not going to double dip on the complete series DVD edition. I think the DVDs look great and on the combination of TV and seating distance I watch them at, I’m perfectly satisfied with what I’m seeing. But with that said, a Blu-ray set of the complete series would be too tempting to pass up. I have a feeling that I’ll be watching this show in some kind of perpetual loop for the rest of my life - joining a small list that includes Twilight Zone, Honeymooners, Star Trek, I Love Lucy and The Dick Van Dyke Show - so it wouldn’t be a wasted double dip for me.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I think it’s possible in the sense that the film elements were scanned in 4K, and HD masters were created for digital distribution, so a lot of the heavy lifting has already been done. I think it’s just one of those things where MPI is going to have to look at their sales figures for the disc and digital versions and try to determine if there’s any market left for another version.

Like you I’ve had many versions of O&H, and then bought all of the individual MPI DVD seasons, but am not going to double dip on the complete series DVD edition. I think the DVDs look great and on the combination of TV and seating distance I watch them at, I’m perfectly satisfied with what I’m seeing. But with that said, a Blu-ray set of the complete series would be too tempting to pass up. I have a feeling that I’ll be watching this show in some kind of perpetual loop for the rest of my life - joining a small list that includes Twilight Zone, Honeymooners, Star Trek, I Love Lucy and The Dick Van Dyke Show - so it wouldn’t be a wasted double dip for me.
Same here and that goes for all the shows you mentioned all of which I have on BD except the later seasons if Lucy.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Same here and that goes for all the shows you mentioned all of which I have on BD except the later seasons if Lucy.

CBS/Paramount have recently been putting out complete series sets for shows they already have HD masters for, without new bonus features. I would buy a complete I Love Lucy even knowing it would most likely not include the “night of broadcast” versions for the later seasons. There are only so many times I can watch the same cigarette commercial, afterall.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Bought of all of those as well over the years. Won't buy on the complete set from MPI though. Not even a temptation after faithfully pre-ordering all of the individual sets. A Blu Ray release might tempt me though.

Gary "saving up to support other labels at the moment - those that specialize in classic releases I love" O.
Same with me, Gary.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Still hoping for a Blu-ray release of this box set!!
Oh BTW, since someone mentioned the out of topic I Love Lucy on BD above, I’m still hoping for that too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks