What's new

Survivor: Season 39: Island of the Idols (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
They sure left that closing graphic hanging up on the screen for a very long time tonight.

I guess that's why we saw so much of what happened earlier in the season.

Either way.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I don't want to say I told you so, but... hey. And I bet after earlier broadcast episodes, some more accounts have already come out about his 'activities.' Just knew a sleaze when I saw one (and I saw plenty of those manager types in Hollywood).

Tim Fennell

Stunt Coordinator
I kept thinking he looked like Harvey Weinstein. I was wondering where this would go ever since Janet's intervention way back when.

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Hate to be the doubter here - but this is a show with cameras everywhere and they don't have footage of this alleged 'incident'?

Maybe he's what they said he is, and if so good riddance.

Or maybe Kellee just exaggerated some personal space issues, which were built into a huge 'me too' moment by her and the show. There has been no talk of Dan misbehaving in any way since she was voted out. But with all the negative press and outrage, the series could not risk him winning this season, so they found another way to remove him from the game.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not surprised at the Dan-hanger at the end. Even just the snippets they showed of him and his lack of personal space in the previous episodes showed me all I needed to see. Glad it came back around and became untenable for the producers to keep him in the game, much less on the premises.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow. I usually turn the show off as soon as the credits roll. So I totally missed the end. I will have to go back and look at it.

I have no reaction to Dan being gone. If he was stupid enough to touch another player after the first warning then the decision was rightfully made.

I am sure it was on camera. I don't think the show's producers want to make the incident "entertainment" nor any more embarrassing to the individual than it already is.

Was very upset to see Noura go home. She deserved to make it to the end. I certainly don't want to see Dean make it and I hope that the phone Legacy card he's holding will be his demise.

Really glad I dropped this stupid show.

Okay, but why are you still here?

Are you actually watching or just reading comments?

I am actually enjoying this season -- and that's after walking away for a couple seasons after I got sick the show.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ron,

I assume you meant Elaine (whom I also liked), not Noura.

As for an incident being caught on camera, since the card indicated it wasn’t with one of the other players, I assumed it was with either a crew member, or a local on one of the rewards. Maybe not all the non-player interactions are filmed. And there was no mention of what manner of inappropriate behavior.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Hate to be the doubter here - but this is a show with cameras everywhere and they don't have footage of this alleged 'incident'?
[...]
There has been no talk of Dan misbehaving in any way since she was voted out. But with all the negative press and outrage, the series could not risk him winning this season, so they found another way to remove him from the game.

They clearly do not show footage of every single thing that happens. We've known some players hook up on the island, for example. Tribal Councils are known to take close to three hours. Just because it isn't shown or discussed on screen doesn't mean it didn't happen. That should be obvious.

There could very well be footage of Dan acting inappropriately. Unless it affects gameplay/the storytelling of the episode there is no reason to show it. The participants of the incidents could have also requested this not be shown. It's entirely possible had Dan not been ejected, we may never have seen this entire story line air. Because he was they might have felt they needed to show the Kellee story to give some background.

David posted as I was typing but I was going to say the same thing - Dan's final incident was probably against a crew member and that was the final straw and he was ejected. i don't think it's fair to say he was ejected because there would be outrage if he won. If it were true I'm sure Dan and the other players will be very vocal about this.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It may not have been a great season, but just by the level or amount of comments on this thread (as opposed to other .... seasons), it has been at least interesting. Can we all now root for Janet?

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Wow. I usually turn the show off as soon as the credits roll. So I totally missed the end. I will have to go back and look at it.

I have no reaction to Dan being gone. If he was stupid enough to touch another player after the first warning then the decision was rightfully made.

I am sure it was on camera. I don't think the show's producers want to make the incident "entertainment" nor any more embarrassing to the individual than it already is.

Was very upset to see Noura go home. She deserved to make it to the end. I certainly don't want to see Dean make it and I hope that the phone Legacy card he's holding will be his demise.

Okay, but why are you still here?

Are you actually watching or just reading comments?

I am actually enjoying this season -- and that's after walking away for a couple seasons after I got sick the show.
Am I not allowed?

I stopped watching but didn't stop reading HTF reactions. I guess I'll just lurk...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ron,

I assume you meant Elaine (whom I also liked), not Noura.

I'm sorry, that was a typo. I did mean Elaine.

Am I not allowed?

I stopped watching but didn't stop reading HTF reactions. I guess I'll just lurk...

No, you are absolutely welcome to post here.

It was just an odd comment. You said you had dumped the show and I couldn't figure out why you would still follow it with just posts. However, if that's your method of madness then you are most welcome here and I hope you will continue in the discussion.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I read that he touched a crew members leg getting on the boat after the challenge. He said it was an accident as he slipped getting on.

Don’t want to pass judgement as I don’t know all the facts but there have been plenty of these type incidents over the years I’m sure. Richard Hatch and Susan for instance.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
By the way I still LOVE the show. Every damn minute of every damn season. Have never missed an episode!;)

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
It must have been enough of an incident that they kicked him off the show. I am sure there was a whole lot of discussion with lawyers before they took the step because now the man's name is basically mud - especially in Hollywood - not to mention his wife and kids. CBS would be crazy to take that step unless their legal reps told them it was okay to do so.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Tino,

Thank you for that link. Very interesting read.

Dan is going to have a lot of problems with his work and social life after being catapulted to the top of the #metoo media.

If anything good came out of this is that the other survivors have just had their winning chances increased.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks