What's new

Survivor Season 37 and beyond (1 Viewer)

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yeah, he was quite entertaining. He's the only one left that deserves to win. Especially considering how stupid the other survivors were at tribal falling for his proclamation he was going to play the idol for Julie. That was never going to happen.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Yeah, he was quite entertaining. He's the only one left that deserves to win. Especially considering how stupid the other survivors were at tribal falling for his proclamation he was going to play the idol for Julie. That was never going to happen.
If they all voted for Julie, it would not have been any worse.

Even if he played it!

DaveHof3

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Two thoughts on the finale (Spoiler alert)

1. The moment Devens left the game, who won no longer mattered.

2. With apologies to Parvati Shallow and Amanda Kimmel, Lauren is hands-down the single most drop-dead gorgeous woman to ever play Survivor.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I’ve watched and mostly loved every season of Survivor since day one and yesterday’s finale by far was the worst ever.

Worst concept and worst payoff with an underserving winner within the weakest final three ever.

Ugh.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Two thoughts on the finale (Spoiler alert)

1. The moment Devens left the game, who won no longer mattered.

2. With apologies to Parvati Shallow and Amanda Kimmel, Lauren is hands-down the single most drop-dead gorgeous woman to ever play Survivor.
Agree 100%

Especially about Lauren. :emoji_yum:

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Ridiculous. A player who was away in extinction from the tribe for 32 days comes back for the last three days and wins? And the jury is almost entirely populated with exiles! Look at the vote. Of course they vote for him (But without Devens, there really was no other choice). Totally ridiculous. They need to bury that format forever.

As said, thank goodness Sia rewarded Devens and saw things correctly (if she can see anything through that wig).

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Interesting tribal where everyone thought they had an idol. You;d have to be stupid to not realize there were too many idols available.

We were all Team Devins. He managed to wiggle and worm his way all the way to the end and that's commendable since everyone was so desperate to have him gone.

I don't know what to think about Chris's win. Having him come back with THAT idol so close to the end almost guaranteed he'd be in the final. But to be fair to him he did pit himself directly against Devin's in fire making and he could have easily gone back. It was a fair and risky move so he has to get props for that.

I was surprised at how many on they jury didn't talk (or at least who's comments were edited out). I fully expected Rheem (was that her name? The first one out) to be highy vocal and vitriolic because she was so vocal on Redemption, but she just sat there. I've not seen the reunion show yet so perhaps she was different there.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I LOVED the finale. The tribal where everyone played an idol was excellent. No, Chris didn’t deserve to win but Devins blew it. Chris should’ve been voted off at the first chance, but Devins kept him in the game. I know why he did it, but it was a mistake to let a player stay in the game who had spent a month building relationships with the jury. The game won, and I’m fine with that. If they bring the edge of extinction concept back, nobody will “do a Devins” again. And besides, Devins owed his second chance in the game to edge of extinction anyway. He got beaten by the same concept that gave him a chance to win. He just blew it. The fans should be mad at him, not the game.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Chalk me up as one who thinks letting castaways who have been voted off back into the game as going against the whole concept of Survivor. And then for that castaway to have been voted off at the beginning of the game, sit around and not have to play the social game or the challenges for weeks, then come back in at the end with an Immunity Idol and win the whole thing—ridiculous. It's a novelty stunt the game doesn't need. When the tribe has spoken and you get voted off you should be gone permanently.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Chalk me up as one who thinks letting castaways who have been voted off back into the game as going against the whole concept of Survivor. And then for that castaway to have been voted off at the beginning of the game, sit around and not have to play the social game or the challenges for weeks, then come back in at the end with an Immunity Idol and win the whole thing—ridiculous. It's a novelty stunt the game doesn't need. When the tribe has spoken and you get voted off you should be gone permanently.

Right. A big failure of the concept I realized later was the jury isn't allowed to communicate with the survivors. But here comes Chris saying "oh, the jury is leaning on Victoria to win" and that just torpedoes any chance she has in staying. That shouldn't be allowed.

[EDIT] typos

Last edited:

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The season see sawed between entertaining and boring and ultimately ended up frustrating. In the end, they barely showed the eventual winner throughout the season and gave a fourth place finisher the bulk of the screen time. As such, it really felt like the winner came out of nowhere.

If they're going to do Exile Island, they need to clean the decks after the first vote off enters the game. So after Devins got back in, they should have sent everyone else packing and began a new group of exiles. Had that happened, Chris would have been sent home and there wouldn't be a winner who was essentially absent for 9 episodes.

Chris, BTW, looks like he's Adam Carolla's little brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks