What's new

Fargo: Season Four (FX) (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
We’ve had winter tornados in Arkansas so I’d have to imagine that they happen in Kansas as well. Besides, we’re seeing dead people this season so reality is already out the window.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I get annoyed when a show ends an episode on a fairly significant cliff hanger, then essentially does a ”bottle” episode the following week.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This was an interesting episode. I agree with the annoyance that it essentially left an open cliffhanger to do something completely different.

My first impression was that the emphasis of this episode was to do something "artsy." Most of the episode is in B&W and in doing so, it does create a very unique atmosphere to the story. There's a bit of The Wizard of Oz thrown in here both with the twister and (more importantly) a bedroom door being opened to a colorized world. I suspect that is supposed to represent the world post-death of the Irish kid. At least that's my interpretation.

Does it all work? Yes. I mean, I have always looked at Coen Brothers films as being more about the characters and the situations they find themselves in rather than the plausibility of the story itself. In that respect, this episode fit in rather nicely. I do love the way this series is filmed with its unique visual perspectives.

Yes, annoying that we cut away from what we were hoping to see but yet, this was an interesting journey that I found quite enjoyable.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I was so drawn into the story that I didn’t even notice most of the episode was in black and white until Ron pointed it out.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Excellent episode this week with a huge "oh shit" gasp of surprise.

E'myri Crutchfield is a terrific actress who has brought much to the table for this season.

I am assuming the final episode is next week?

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Just finished watching this season, and I’m sorry to say it was a major slog to watch. Very disappointing considering that I thought, with the first three seasons, each season was better than the one before. Though I LOVED the black and white episode on its own. It felt the most “Fargo” of them all. But the rest, jeez, just a bunch of mob stuff, which I’m never a fan of and always have a hard time understanding to plot on that side of it. Very uninteresting stuff.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just finished watching this season, and I’m sorry to say it was a major slog to watch. Very disappointing considering that I thought, with the first three seasons, each season was better than the one before. Though I LOVED the black and white episode on its own. It felt the most “Fargo” of them all. But the rest, jeez, just a bunch of mob stuff, which I’m never a fan of and always have a hard time understanding to plot on that side of it. Very uninteresting stuff.

Wow. I am not completely shocked at that opinion as even my own brother gave up on the season after watching 3 episodes (and he is a huge fan), but there are others like myself that thought this was an amazing season that at least surpassed the one prior.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Recently finally got around to watching this on Hulu (after watching S3) and found it wanting.

I enjoyed many individual moments/sections/subplots/character developments, but it just didn't quite all come together as a whole for me... and yeah, Chris Rock just didn't quite convince me in that role. I actually found S3 a bit wanting as well -- S3 just felt a bit too silly/whimsical w/out being quite dark enough much of the time until the rather rushed conclusion that still leaves us hanging a bit IMHO.

Both S3 and S4 weren't that satisfying for me and don't really measure up in following the movie and S1 and S2... though I might give them another shot if/when I find time again when my paused Hulu subscription is reactivated several months from now.

_Man_

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I passed on watching S4 when it was on FX, figuring that I'd pick it up on Hulu and not have to deal with the commercials. Then I forgot about it until reading an article about Noah Hawley and his Alien series. Binged the season over a couple of days. Loved it. Especially Timothy Olyphant's part in the proceedings.

I've loved all four seasons, for different reasons. I don't think I can pick a favorite.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I passed on watching S4 when it was on FX, figuring that I'd pick it up on Hulu and not have to deal with the commercials. Then I forgot about it until reading an article about Noah Hawley and his Alien series. Binged the season over a couple of days. Loved it. Especially Timothy Olyphant's part in the proceedings.

I've loved all four seasons, for different reasons. I don't think I can pick a favorite.

Agreed, Jerry. All four seasons have been excellent. Still love the first the best mostly due to Billy Bob Thornton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks