What's new

Survivor Season 37 and beyond (1 Viewer)

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Still no villain. I find it more "riveting" when there is a player that I hate.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
It's going to be hard to top last season, but that's the legacy of Survivor: Hit or miss depending on casting and circumstances. One thing I do like, though it's definitely audience manipulation is how they edit the show now to not reveal final strategies that turn up at Tribal Council, so they do come more as a genuine surprise. They show multiple strategies, but you never see the final one that a majority has landed on, until the TC. Also, the montage edit about Aubrey's identical relationship-building tactics was hysterical.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Agree with Alan's points above and, frankly I don't find any of the contestants that interesting or likeable.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
As much as they tried, there was no hiding who was getting voted out this week.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I don't understand why they decided to focus so much time on the LOSERS!!!!

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Spoilers for the 3/20 episode:

I was sympathetic to Wendy at the start but, man, there's something not right there. Blissfully happy all the time, even when faced with going home. I can understand not wanting to kill the chickens but her glee at setting them free was offputting. Especially when you realize she's not a vegetarian, she just doesn't want to see how the sausage is made.

Reem went unhinged again and it's no wonder she was voted off. She was literally in the process of saying she pointed out the reward to Keith, but went off the rails when someone else made the connection first. i can imagine that living situation is difficult and maybe she was just miserable and frustrated but, wow.

I'm curious if Aubrey gets to keep her immunity and advantage. She was voted off the tribe but not actually out of the game. Next week she returns so they could still be in play.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I still don't know most of the names outside of the returnees, but it's finally starting to gel now. Hopefully this is one of those seasons that starts slow and ends with a bang.

Laurin
Lorine
Luarin

That's 3 out of 4 voters that couldn't spell Lauren. Seriously?

Last edited:

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Year after year in the social game it seems no one takes the time to actually learn how to actually spell their tribe member's names. You'd think that would be social grace skill Number One. Either that or they can attribute it to starved brain cells.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Year after year in the social game it seems no one takes the time to actually learn how to actually spell their tribe member's names. You'd think that would be social grace skill Number One. Either that or they can attribute it to starved brain cells.

Then again, as a person on the tribe, would you really go around making sure everyone could spell your name, just so they could write it down when voting?

If it was me, I might tell them that my name is actually spelled like one other people.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
There have definitely been worse seasons. But the theme, at least for me, is holding back the season. I'm willing to give EDGE OF EXTINCTION a chance, but I don't see how all this buildup can be anything but anticlimactic. I suppose we'll see this week.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
When Probst said there have been iconic moments on SURVIVOR, and we were probably about to see one, then they marched out the voted-out players, I laughed out loud. Talk about hyperbole. And downright BS. If they had NEVER brought back voted-out players before, maybe it would have been a remarkable moment, but even then hardly iconic. Probst usually isn't one given to BS, but this season I guess they feel like their product needs some BS-ing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
When Probst said there have been iconic moments on SURVIVOR, and we were probably about to see one, then they marched out the voted-out players, I laughed out loud. Talk about hyperbole. And downright BS. If they had NEVER brought back voted-out players before, maybe it would have been a remarkable moment, but even then hardly iconic. Probst usually isn't one given to BS, but this season I guess they feel like their product needs some BS-ing.

+++1

After all his buildup...and the players walked out...I just muttered to Peg, "or maybe not, Jeff."

He usually knows better than to try and create drama in such an obvious manner. That was awkward, dumb and self-defeating.

Think about it, it definitely would have played so much better if he hadn't said anything but if they just came out without the build-up. Still not any kind of "great Survivor moment"...but would have been much more impactful than without that silly introduction.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I'm not even sure what happened last night but I'm satisfied with the outcome.

i think there was a core voting group of four people, then a group of three, and two pairs. The seven can't seem to get their act together and the four ran everything. Then Aurora opened her big mouth and told the rest how to take over... and they did! I'm not sure why the other two in that foursome jumped ship to vote Julia out, or even why Julia became the target but she didn't do herself any favors with her condescending comments. They also flushed out that split idol which was causing more harm than good, IMO. David was not going to give up his half until he and Devans reunited as a team again.

Do you guys think they occasionally skip reward challenges or, in a case like tonight, there was so much material they just cut the whole thing out of the show. I would think the later but those rewards are often how some new plans are made so they're frequently important.

Glad to see TAR is premiering next week. Looks like it wasn't supposed to premiere until next month and they moved it up. It wasn't even on my radar.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
That was an extremely entertaining episode. One of the best TCs ever (from an entertainment standpoint).

As for the Reward Challenge, there might have actually been one, but when the producers saw the pure-gold in the TC, they just decided not to show it.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yeah, the minute they went to Tribal Council at 8:35 instead of usually around 8:48, you knew there were going to be some good fireworks. I think Julia firmly planted a bright new target on herself with those condescending remarks and made for an easy new alliance to pile on together with a common goal - get rid of the big mouth. I love it when that happens, and you'd think players would learn by now not to act too confident or crow too loudly in front of others at TC. Be gone!

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
you'd think players would learn by now not to act too confident or crow too loudly in front of others
You'd think they'd learn to swim, make fire, and walk a balance beam before going on Survivor, as well (among many other necessary skills). But a shocking number of them do not, and seem surprised when confronted with such obstacles.

As good as tribal was, this season is still not one of the better ones, IMO, because being voted out doesn't necessarily mean you're out. The trade off between finality and possible return isn't equitable, IMO.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Okay, now that was a great Survivor episode.

I always love it when a mastermind gets burned, and exposed in front of the jury for an underhanded move (tricking Rick into playing an expired idol). Still not sure who to root for, but Rick has definitely earned his comeback to this point.

When do the exiles get a chance to come back? Seems to be a real advantage for one of them to sneak in with only a few original survivors left.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks