What's new

Avengers: ENDGAME (April 26, 2019) [NON-SPOILERS] (2 Viewers)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That actually sounds s an excellent question.

What could it be?

What’s planned for the next stage?

It probably would be connected to whatever happens in Endgame obviously.
Perhaps an intro to,a new version of one or more of the current Alter egos.
A new Iron-Person
A new Thor
Etc.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
What's next? My guess:
Galactus
That would very much depend on whether they'd be able to pull something together in time. While they knew the Fox acquisition was happening for a while now, they couldn't act on it until last month.

If nothing else, I expect they'll at least do something there related to Spider-Man to tease Far From Home.
This would be my guess as well, since it's coming out a couple months after Endgame and -- barring some really spectacular secrecy -- is the only other MCU film coming out in 2019.

As the production company for the Tom Holland Spider-Man movies, does Marvel Studios have any profit participation at all? Or is it a freebie service they provide in exchange for getting to use the Spidey IP in the Disney MCU movies?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As the production company for the Tom Holland Spider-Man movies, does Marvel Studios have any profit participation at all? Or is it a freebie service they provide in exchange for getting to use the Spidey IP in the Disney MCU movies?

No. Sony pays for Spider-Man-branded films and they get to keep the gross from it. Disney pays for their own films in which Spider-Man appears and gets to keep the gross from that. So, Disney won't get the gross from Far From Home, but they don't have to split anything from Endgame with Sony.

That being said, if Marvel wants to tease Far From Home in Endgame, I don't think Disney's going to stand in the way of that. The post-credits scene for Civil War also focused on Peter and teased Homecoming, so I don't see why Endgame shouldn't do the same for Far From Home. Because Far From Home is in the MCU, it's still in Disney's interest for it to perform well because it keeps the audience engaged with the MCU, which is Disney's brand, even if Spider-Man is not their movie.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Disney retains some sort of merchandise rights to Spider-Man, so they're going to make money off the toys and related items that get sold when Far From Home is a big hit.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Might have to look into "Depends" options for this movie...
My technique, because believe me, once I am in my seat (or this case, since I had to buy a $12 space to park my mobility scooter, in my scooter), I don't get up. What I do is, even though it's a 7pm show, I'm careful how much I drink all day. From the time I get up that morning, I just don't drink a lot, pee as many times as I can all day, before I go in the theater, and that usually works pretty well. Take it from a professional.... :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm usually okay with long movies; my trick is just to use the restroom before taking my seat (even if that means missing the first trailers), and to limit the size beverage that I purchase. I think honestly my excitement for the movie will outweigh any urges to get up. (Sometimes with a really long movie, the first time I make it through and using the bathroom is never an issue, but then on a repeat viewing, with the urgency to know what happens next out of the way, then it can be harder to not get up.) Caffeine is also a diuretic, so the presence of it in those giant size Cokes doesn't help anything. I do like a soda with a big event movie on a special occasion, though, so what I'll probably do is get the larger size cup but fill it mostly with ice, so it'll stay cold throughout the movie but won't be enough in there to gulp more than I need.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My technique, because believe me, once I am in my seat (or this case, since I had to buy a $12 space to park my mobility scooter, in my scooter), I don't get up. What I do is, even though it's a 7pm show, I'm careful how much I drink all day. From the time I get up that morning, I just don't drink a lot, pee as many times as I can all day, before I go in the theater, and that usually works pretty well. Take it from a professional.... :)
Ever since I had to leave the theater four times to pee during Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, I don't drink during movies.

This has the added benefit of saving me the $7 that Regal charges for a small soda.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
I'm usually okay with long movies; my trick is just to use the restroom before taking my seat (even if that means missing the first trailers), and to limit the size beverage that I purchase. I think honestly my excitement for the movie will outweigh any urges to get up. (Sometimes with a really long movie, the first time I make it through and using the bathroom is never an issue, but then on a repeat viewing, with the urgency to know what happens next out of the way, then it can be harder to not get up.) Caffeine is also a diuretic, so the presence of it in those giant size Cokes doesn't help anything. I do like a soda with a big event movie on a special occasion, though, so what I'll probably do is get the larger size cup but fill it mostly with ice, so it'll stay cold throughout the movie but won't be enough in there to gulp more than I need.

I didn't know caffeine was a diuretic. That's good to know for me - I have nagging recurring kidney stones, so maybe that's good info for me to have!

I definitely don't get a large movie drink because most movie theatres make their large effectively require wheels to get the drink to its destination. Crazy!

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I'm older and more boring now. I've long abandoned theatre sized pop/soda/cola (we say pop here in Alberta!) and just grab a bottle of water. Yes, I've become that guy who drinks water at a theatre. I still get a large popcorn, however (but again, I'm old and boring and can barely eat half--so I save the rest for home).

For longer movies these days I don't even try to drink the entire bottle of water. I pace myself: drink about half over the course of 90% of the movie, and then slam the last bit during the last half hour of the movie.

I have being boring down to a science!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I didn't know caffeine was a diuretic. That's good to know for me - I have nagging recurring kidney stones, so maybe that's good info for me to have!

You may also want to avoid or cut back sugared beverages if you can. I was advised to steer clear of those after a kidney stone, as they apparently tax the kidneys and leave you dehydrated, which can make it easier for stones to form. I used to drink a ton of soda almost daily and now I’ve got it down to a small quantity as a once in a while treat.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
You may also want to avoid or cut back sugared beverages if you can. I was advised to steer clear of those after a kidney stone, as they apparently tax the kidneys and leave you dehydrated, which can make it easier for stones to form. I used to drink a ton of soda almost daily and now I’ve got it down to a small quantity as a once in a while treat.

I wonder if sugar free drinks get around this. The chemicals that make them sugar free are bad for you I am sure, in other ways. I have to lay off those sugary sodas.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I wonder if sugar free drinks get around this. The chemicals that make them sugar free are bad for you I am sure, in other ways. I have to lay off those sugary sodas.

Yeah, the diet stuff can have it’s drawbacks as well, but I found it useful to help me ween off drinking as much soda as I was. Until you lay off the sugary soda, have an equal amount of water after you drink the soda, and that may help towards the dehydration part. Ugh, having a kidney stone was the worst!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks