What's new

Avengers: Endgame SPOILERS ALLOWED THREAD (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
When did Captain Marvel cut her hair? I just watched CM and she had long hair throughout, but I recall she had very short hair in Endgame.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
A related (and off-topic) question - if he's invulnerable, how does Superman shave or cut HIS hair?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
When did Captain Marvel cut her hair?.

She cut her hair during the chronology of Endgame. Rocket even mentions it when they ask if she is going to be on the conference call meeting next month and she says no. "Are you going to get another haircut?"

I don't know, but I assume this had to do with shooting schedules. They shot Endgame first and then went off and did Captain Marvel, so it's possible that Larson needed to have short hair for some other movie shoot and that's why they covered by having her get the haircut in Endgame, even if the plan was to have her have long hair for Captain Marvel. (Just to be clear, I don't know this, it's just a guess.)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I believe Carol had the pixie cut and a sash on her costume to emulate her look in the comics. Not sure if it was planned that she would have longer hair immediately post snap or if that was to accommodate the events of the stand alone movie.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Also, in the comics his hair and beard did not grow unless he was on a world with a red sun or visiting Kandor.
That was changed by John Byrne when he rebooted Superman in the 90's. Not sure which version is canon right now.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I believe Carol had the pixie cut and a sash on her costume to emulate her look in the comics. Not sure if it was planned that she would have longer hair immediately post snap or if that was to accommodate the events of the stand alone movie.
It was also a way to visually indicate the passage of time. The same with Natasha having the bleached hair pre-time jump and having her red hair mostly grown back post-time jump.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yeah, I mean the character has had a variety of distinctive hair styles in the comics.

5 YEARS passed from the beginning of Endgame to when she has the shorter hair. What’s to question? She got a hair cut and changed her style. She probably did several times before this one (as Rocket seems to joke).

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Probably because I didn't watch CM until 2 days ago and asked about it. If it was discussed before I wasn't paying attention.

But, I’m not sure what your question even was. Captain Marvel took place in the 90’s. Endgame started in 2018 and then jumped to 2023. Why question why anyone looks different in any of those time periods?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
But, I’m not sure what your question even was. Captain Marvel took place in the 90’s. Endgame started in 2018 and then jumped to 2023. Why question why anyone looks different in any of those time periods?
Because most of them don't except for Danvers? We've been following these characters for years and they mostly look the same. Danvers has two different looks in consecutive films. It just seemed odd when they're trying to build familiarity with a new character.

Last edited:

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Because most of them don't except for Danvers? We've been following these characters for years and they mostly look the same. Danvers has two different looks in consecutive films. It just seemed odd when they're trying to build familiarity with a new character.

Malcolm,

I know you said "mostly look the same" which I generally agree with but of note is that Natasha has a different hairstyle for each of her appearances in the MCU (IIRC).

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
So are the phase 4 movies going to take place in the current year+5 timeline that endgame established? I'm assuming so, but it's a bit weird since nearly every movie so far has taken place in the year it was released, but now they're all going to be 5 years ahead of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks