What's new

Avengers: Infinity War (2018) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Gunn has also said that
Gamora had a great storyline in Vol. 3, but I wonder if that could be misdirection for her fate in Infinity War? I really want to see Zoe Saldana back in Vol. 3 but she will be very busy with the next Star Trek and the next 10 Avatars. But really, Gamora is her best role.

BTW, no way do I see Deadpool cutting into this film's business. Deadpool is a different audience, despite the Marvel connection. This film is going to play through June, and may even give the new Star Wars competition. It wouldn't be the first time a Marvel film did that. (In 2002, Spider-Man outgrossed Attack of the Clones; only time a Star Wars film wasn't the highest grossing movie of the year, until recent years.)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
E0EBA95E-8377-4777-9EDC-7472C993C4AC.jpeg

The Hollywood Reporter asked writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely if Avengers 4 would be their swan song.

McFeely replied: “If it is, we're pretty happy with it. Because boy, Avengers 4, if anything, is better than what you just saw.”

And they indicated that’d they’d love to work with Marvel again in the future (similar to what the Russos have said).

I’m sure Marvel would also be happy to have back the writers of Captain America The First Avenger, Captain America The Winter Soldier, Captain America Civil War, Avengers Infinity War, and Avengers 4.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Tonight I had my second viewing and I liked it even more so even if it was in 2-D. For some reason I missed some of the dialogue during my first viewing and many of the jokes were much funnier to me tonight. I'll have my third and last viewing tomorrow in 3-D since I have a free ticket that's expiring tomorrow at a different movie theater.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Glad to know the humor worked better for you on subsequent viewings. While I found the first third of the film very funny, (especially the guardians), I thought that once the film took a more serious turn the one liners fell flat or felt forced.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Glad to know the humor worked better for you on subsequent viewings. While I found the first third of the film very funny, (especially the guardians), I thought that once the film took a more serious turn the one liners fell flat or felt forced.
Which reminds me, I loved the Guardians in this film so happy that they played a major role in this film.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Both of my kids love the Marvel movies and the Marvel Universe in general. They loved Infinity War. They also like the DC universe. One of them probably likes the DC characters more than the Marvel characters, and he was very excited to see Justice League last fall, which he proclaimed he loved. So, I was just slightly surprised last night when he asked me, "Dad, why are the DC movies not nearly as good as the Marvel movies?"

My short answer was that the people making the Marvel films are fans of the original material; the DC folks are not. Later in the night, my wife overheard him telling his brother, "The DC people just want to make money! They have no passion!" Wisdom from a 9-year-old.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Which reminds me, I loved the Guardians in this film so happy that they played a major role in this film.
I had my third viewing today in 3-D again and the Guardians are just great in this film. I was laughing my butt off as I found their humor much funnier than any of the other characters. Also, Banner/Hulk story line in this film cracked me up too.
Hulk got his ass kick by Thanos and decided to take a powder during any further fighting sequences. Something tells me that won't last in the next film as I see him and Thor doing some tag team action against Thanos.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Weekend actuals:

Domestic: $257,698,183
+ Foreign: $382,823,108
= Worldwide: $640,521,291

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I’m sure Marvel would also be happy to have back the writers of Captain America The First Avenger, Captain America The Winter Soldier, Captain America Civil War, Avengers Infinity War, and Avengers 4.
A remarkably consistent writing team. They wrote three of my four favorite MCU movies. Their pilot for "Agent Carter" was great too.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I had my third viewing today in 3-D again and the Guardians are just great in this film. I was laughing my butt off as I found their humor much funnier than any of the other characters. Also, Banner/Hulk story line in this film cracked me up too.
Hulk got his ass kick by Thanos and decided to take a powder during any further fighting sequences. Something tells me that won't last in the next film as I see him and Thor doing some tag team action against Thanos.

I will watch it once more in 3D again. The GOTG was a delightful surprise for me. I knew they were going to be in it but I thought if anything just a small segment. I think the laughs were necessary for the tone of the film. Keeping the great humor pretty much throughout the film, and no one does it better than the GOTG--and their dialogue with the other heroes.
This is one great movie, and deserves to break more records.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Me and the kids are going to embark on a re-examination of the MCU. Between now and August, when Infinity War is due on blu-ray, we're going to watch all 18 films in order. That's only 1 or 2 films a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks