What's new

Avengers: Infinity War (2018) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Saw it today. Loved it. More later.

Want to rewatch them all to. Just need to get a list of all of them in release date order to start.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Saw it today. Loved it. More later.

Want to rewatch them all to. Just need to get a list of all of them in release date order to start.

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War
Was hoping someone would come thru. Thanks Sean!!:thumbsup:

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Fantastic movie! Loved it. Was afraid that it would end on a cliffhanger based on some comments that this was only half a story. But it's not.

Thanos won.

The Thanos/Gamorra scenes were great - the whole Soul Stone sequence was the most emotional. And Tom Holland acted the hell out of his last scene. Harkened back to Homecoming when he's trapped under the rubble.

What an amazing coup this is for Marvel Studios.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Fantastic movie! Loved it. Was afraid that it would end on a cliffhanger based on some comments that this was only half a story. But it's not.

Thanos won.

The Thanos/Gamorra scenes were great - the whole Soul Stone sequence was the most emotional. And Tom Holland acted the hell out of his last scene. Harkened back to Homecoming when he's trapped under the rubble.

What an amazing coup this is for Marvel Studios.
Agreed on all counts. But you should probably put that second line in spoiler tags.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Like the previous two in its franchise, for me it’s a solid B.

Like its brethren, it’s honed for mass-market success, preventing it from taking cinematic risks and achieving cinematic greatness.

In some ways, I prefer a movie like The Last Jedi which while (highly?) flawed is opinionated and provokes conversation and consideration.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
As a standalone film and unless you've watched at least most of the other films in the series, Id be surprised if people like it that much. The constant barrage of characters and jumping to different locations would confuse.

That said, given I have enjoyed most of the other films, I thought it was fairly solid, though for me Civil War was a much stronger film and I enjoyed the original Avengers film more. Better than Ultron though.

I guess the ending didn't really have that much of an impact to me, given what we know the Infinity Stones can do even within the context of the films themselves. There weren't any real surprises for me other than the opening scenes.

It was very funny in places though, and I liked how they paired off different groups.

Solid B also.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Infinity War is an awesome entry in the MCU, ranking 4th on my MCU list (behind GoTG, GoTG2, and Civil War). It's more for the hardcore MCU fan than the casual, as jumping into Infinity War cold is like starting Game of Thrones with season 5 episode 9. For a guy who has seen the entire MCU ouvre (including Incredible Hulk) and watched most of them multiple times (anywhere from 2 to 20), Infinity War is the ultimate in fan service -- it's like 150 minutes of Easter eggs. It's also totally hilarious, falling in somewhere between the Guardians and Ragnarok in terms of yucks. I chortled throughout.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
$1 billion is somewhat easy these days for megablockbusters. There have now been 34 of those worldwide, so while that's a small number relative to all the movies that get made, it's really not that rare for top-tier major studio franchise films.

That being said, $2 billion still seems like a remarkable achievement. It's also worth noting that, even though the summer play period is supposedly the biggest movie season, Infinity War is the first $2 billion grosser that did not open in December.

Congratulations to Marvel on this one. It's a terrific film and the success that it has had is really well deserved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks