1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Avengers: Infinity War -- Spoilers Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Jake Lipson, Apr 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    Huh? :unsure:

2. JimmyO

JimmyO Second Unit
    Supporter

James Ogilvie
    There are a lot of interesting theories bubbling about out there on the net.

One that I read recently was that the trailer for Infinity War actually contains scenes that we will see in Endgame.

The one scene I do remember from the IW trailer is all the heroes running towards camera together getting ready to battle Thanos on Wakanda. That scene shows Hulk in full form running towards the camera with everyone else.

In IW, that doesn't happen - Hulk refuses to emerge.

The theory postulates that this scene is actually a time-travel style redo where they battle Thanos again on Wakanda but this time Hulk participates.

It's interesting and not terribly likely, but it's fun to consider possibilities like those.

3. Tommy R

Tommy R Supporting Actor

Tommy
    I chalked that up to maybe they 100% made up a fake shot for the trailer. You never know though.

4. JimmyO

JimmyO Second Unit
    Supporter

James Ogilvie
    I did too. Not really changing my mind about that, but it would be very interesting if it were true that it is actually a shot from Endgame and we were all pranked.

Tommy R likes this.
  5. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    The Russos confirmed that was in fact the case in some interview they did last year around the time of release. I don't have the link offhand, but I distinctly remember them saying that.

6. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

I don't think it was so much a fake shot as it was that they had two versions of that ending that they were kicking around: One where the Hulk finally does come out, and one where he still refused to come out.

Once they decided that Banner wouldn't be one of the ones wiped out by Thanos, the decision probably became pretty clear to leave the inner conflict between Banner and the Hulk as something unresolved that would carry over into Endgame.

7. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    I could be wrong, but my memory matches Jake’s - that they copped to making a fake shot for the trailer to disguise that Banner not being able to transform into Hulk was a major plot point.

If they had included the shot as it appears in the finished film, a large portion of the audience would have been clued into that plot development months in advance, instead of being genuinely surprised while watching the film.

Sean Bryan and Jake Lipson like this.