What's new

Avengers: ENDGAME (April 26, 2019) [NON-SPOILERS] (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
upload_2019-4-2_11-2-29.jpeg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
AMC is a mess, they should be embarrassed. It's three hours later and their site is still down. At least I was able to buy tickets from two other movie theater chains.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
So I waited in that one hour virtual line. Once it got down to 20 minutes, it jumped up to 43 minutes. Then kept clicking down. Once it got from there into the single digits, it evolved again:

Attachments

• 681343AB-0D5E-4B58-A227-D90DB4E1A73B.jpeg
    681343AB-0D5E-4B58-A227-D90DB4E1A73B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
They've supposedly disabled their API while they try and sort this out. Of course, I have no idea what an API is. :)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I know I’m an old retired fart, but I have never understood this first night mania thing.

I'm not even trying to get tickets opening night. I want a show on the weekend - I promised my kids I'd get them today.

I've tried four different web ticket services, all of them are unable to work. Before the crash, I managed to get a single ticket for myself for Friday morning (I was planning to go alone the first day) but tickets for the family are proving harder.

What's more, several times I have selected tickets, put in payment info and hit "confirm sale," only to have it lost. Later, when i have gone back to the seat chart, the tickets i selected are greyed out.

After lunch, I will take a ride to the theater and buy them in person.

Last edited:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ended up getting some back row RPX Thursday night tickets at a somewhat close Regal theater (with the IMAX option, but the early showing was sold out) on the Regal website, which was not getting pounded like AMC and Fandango.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Someone was saying that Regal uses a service called AWS to help balance the load, but AMC servers are all in-house? Again, I don't know what any of this means, but apparently that's why Regal hasn't had the issues this morning.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
AWS is Amazon Web Services.
I do t know what it does but Netflix apparently uses it to power their platform and I think MLB does to and probably many others.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I haven't seen anticipation like this for a movie since The Empire Strikes Back or The Phantom Menace.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I got my tickets for Friday at 7PM in Cinemark XD.

Pretty much got my perfected seat too, just off by one. I set my alarm for 8AM and immediately opened my Cinemark app on my phone. Since I just woke up I wasn’t on point. I thought there was a block of 4 already sprawled across my preferred row and in the center, so I bought the two next to them. Then I realized when I saw the purchase confirmation that it was the wrong row (one too close). A single seat dead center of the row behind (my preferred row) was now taken so I bought another 2 next to that. Only off by one, so it’s trivial really. And this is a better position than I had for Infinity War.

I’ll have to return the original 2 tickets. Have to call them to see if I can do it over the phone or if I need to go to the theater.

I don’t want to wait too long because these will basically be 2 pretty good seats opening up and those looking for them early should be able to get them, not someone who waits to buy a ticket at the box office opening night.

Guess I got lucky, because I tried going back into the app a little later to see how it was filling up and I can’t get in. Nor can I get in to the Cinemark website.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Welcome to the 21st Century. Standing in "virtual" lines.

I thought everyone bought advanced reserve seating to avoid lines. :lol:

Well, this is certainly not the typical experience. Endgame is in a class all its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tok
Recent bookmarks