What's new

While we weren't paying attention Playstation Plus has gotten badass (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I was interested in Injustice and Deadly Premonition, mostly for the cult following it has. Good thing I never bought either one!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll probably give Deadly Premonition a spin, it sounds weird enough. Hitman is the one I'm more interested in though, despite being terrible at stealthy shooters.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This is for ALL Playstation members.
Until Dec 7th at 9pm PST EA is giving people for free.

Mirror's Edge PS3
Need for Speed:Most Wanted PSVita
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare PS4

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
When does PS+ release new free games? It's Jan 2 and the Dec free games are still there. I'm still trying to figure out the PS+ system and all the websites involved for my account. As I do that, I don't want to miss free games :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I believe it's the first or second Tuesday of the month for new games. Check the PS blog, I think blog.us.playstation.com.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Typically first Tuesday of the month, so it should be this coming Tuesday. Games are:

inFAMOUS: First Light (PS4)
Free for PS Plus members Locked up in a prison for super powered humans, Fetch is forced to relive tragedies from her past. Unravel her dark secret in Seattle while battling to escape snowy Curdon Cay and seek vengeance for those who wronged her.
The Swapper (PS4|PS3|PS Vita)
Free for PS Plus members What if someone knew your mind better than you did? The Swapper is an award-winning, narrativedriven puzzle game set in the furthest reaches of space. The Swapper takes place in an isolated and atmospheric sci-fi world. Players wield an experimental device which allows them to create clones of themselves, swapping their entire consciousness into new bodies to overcome the challenges of the environment.
Prototype 2 (PS3)
Free for PS Plus members WELCOME TO NEW YORK ZERO. The sequel to Radical Entertainment®’s best-selling open-world action game of 2009, Prototype®2 takes the unsurpassed carnage of the original Prototype®2 and continues the experience of becoming the ultimate shape-shifting weapon. Players will experience Sgt James Heller build a vast genetic arsenal of deadly new biological weapons to hunt, kill and consume his way toward the ultimate goal – to kill Alex Mercer!
DuckTales Remastered (PS3)
Free for PS Plus members DuckTales Remastered is a hand-crafted, beautiful reimagining of one of the most cherished 8-bit titles of all time. Go back to one of the golden ages of gaming, but now refined with a level of detail that will please the most hardened devoted Disney or retro Capcom fan, alike. Featuring hand-drawn animated sprites, authentic Disney character voices talent and richly painted level backgrounds from the classic cartoon TV series, Scrooge McDuck and family come to life like never before.

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (PS Vita|PS3)
Free for PS Plus membersDuke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition is the definitive compilation of the landmark first-person shooter that includes enhanced versions of Duke Nukem 3D and three classic expansion packs, as well as the original version of the classic game.

Whoa Dave! (PS Vita|PS4 version will be released at a later date)
Free for PS Plus membersFrom the folks behind the BIT.TRIP series comes the frantic insanity that is Woah Dave! Help our hero, Dave Lonuts, survive an insane alien invasion and line his pockets with shiny pennies. Hurl alien eggs, skull bombs, and explosive WOAH blocks to stay alive and sky rocket yourself to high score fame and fortune.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm a bit bummed that the PS4 isn't getting Duck Tales. I'd rather have than, I've got enough shoot 'em ups :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Honestly, DuckTales Remastered was fun but nothing that seems to be "missing" from the PS4. It's basically the same game from the 80s and only takes a couple hours to finish.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
I have a question that I haven't quite been able to figure out yet:

If I become a Playstation Plus member, it's my understanding that I can download games and play them from my PS4. If I chose to end my subscription, can I still play those games, or are they only good when I have an active subscription?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Bryan Ri said:
I have a question that I haven't quite been able to figure out yet:

If I become a Playstation Plus member, it's my understanding that I can download games and play them from my PS4. If I chose to end my subscription, can I still play those games, or are they only good when I have an active subscription?
The free games are only active provided you keep your PS+ active. If you let PS+ expire, the games can no longer be played.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
However, if your subscription expires then you renew it at a later date, you will once again have access to those games when you renew.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The thing is, they offer 6 games per month (2 on PS3, 2 on PS4, and 2 on PS Vita) and then they switch them out for a new 6 games. So if you have a bunch of PlayStation platforms then it is definitely worth it.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Even better than that you can get the games for all platforms via their website so even if you don't own a Vita or PS3 there is no reason to NOT get them each month tied to your account. There have been numerous examples where games were part of Plus for one platform and then were re-written for another, and if you had the old one you immediately got the cross-buy version for the new platform free.

http://www.giantbomb.com/cross-buy/3015-7554/games/

http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/crossbuy/

http://www.vitaplayer.co.uk/playstation-vita-ps3-ps4-cross-buy-guide/

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Added a monthly reminder for the free games. Will start collecting all the freebies, as suggested.

I find the ps+ website confusing, as if they're trying to make it hard to find and acquire the freebies. Maybe it's just me.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If you go to the online store, store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and log in, you can find the free games under Games, PlayStation Plus, Free Games. Use the link for games on the top then the links for PS+ and Free Games on the left side.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks