What's new

While we weren't paying attention Playstation Plus has gotten badass (2 Viewers)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I don't mind it much. They're probably offering more games per year now since they're doing 6 new ones each month, versus maybe 1 or 2 every month with a handful being there all the time.

Also, I just go to the website to buy the free games. You can log in, get them all in like 2 minutes, then checkout and you're done. It probably takes less time than just booting the PSN store browser on PS3/4.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Morgan Jolley said:
I don't mind it much. They're probably offering more games per year now since they're doing 6 new ones each month, versus maybe 1 or 2 every month with a handful being there all the time.

Also, I just go to the website to buy the free games. You can log in, get them all in like 2 minutes, then checkout and you're done. It probably takes less time than just booting the PSN store browser on PS3/4.
I agree with you Morgan. I've been using the PS app on the smart phone for the purchases. That's how I've been able to "purchase" the free PS4 games despite not owning a PS4 yet. If I ever buy one, I hope my plotting works ha ha.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Considering a $50 annual sub is about $4/month, I think the 6 games on offer are great. Velocity 2X and PS All Stars are going to get some attention from me. Maybe not a ton of attention, though. Also, owning a PS3, PS4, and a Vita makes all the cross-buy stuff even better.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I don't think anyone is saying the entire program is a disaster, just compared to previous months there's no big name A-List title. They are counting that All-Stars as a Tomb Raider. Which for Sony it might be. for many of us it's a "Who cares?" title compared to Bioshock infinite or Batman Arkham City. :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
At a rate of 6 games per month, that's 72 free games per year on top of discounts, free trials, and being a required fee to play PS4 games online.I think the criticism is still a bit unfair. Besides, they've given away almost all of their non-EA huge games already.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Morgan Jolley said:
At a rate of 6 games per month, that's 72 free games per year on top of discounts, free trials, and being a required fee to play PS4 games online.I think the criticism is still a bit unfair. Besides, they've given away almost all of their non-EA huge games already.
Hey! It's not OUR fault they spoiled us rotten by blowing their wad of big name games! :P

I look at months liek this as just giving me something to look forward to next month. I'll play BAttle Royal ALL-Stars a bit to see what it's all about, it's just not a game I would bother with if it wasnt free is all. I mean, I'm surprised anyone purchased the thing in the first place. If ever a title had "FREE FOR PS+" written on it, it was that one.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I had considered buying the game out of curiosity (I played the open beta and it was kind of fun) but even at $10 on sale I knew it would be on PS+ eventually.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I've actually avoided buying some stuff on PSN because I figured they would eventually be free games. This strategy continues to work wonders for me.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Already own injustice.. bought it with my PS4 at the beginning. If you like fight games with a decent single player storyline, it's fun

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks