What's new

The Flash - season 4 (The CW) (1 Viewer)

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
I want the team to try randomness / chaos as a counter to Devoe's predictive intelligence. The trope I haven't seen yet, that seems obvious to me, is that the counter is to use the unpredictable. Which is pure randomness.

I agree. They should really be looking for people from other Earths to help them - data which Devoe wouldn't have access to.

Too late now, though. I think Devoe has already taken over Kim.
Although, he had hidden cameras all over their lair earlier in the season, so I don't know why they still are so anxious to work on their plans 'in public'.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Ralph Digby RIP ? Rumor has it that Ralph may not survive next week's episode ether being killed or taken over by Devoe. Actor who plays Ralph has posted pictures from travels in Brazil and hasn't been seen on set lately per the rumors.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Ralph Digby RIP ? Rumor has it that Ralph may not survive next week's episode ether being killed or taken over by Devoe. Actor who plays Ralph has posted pictures from travels in Brazil and hasn't been seen on set lately per the rumors.
I'd be okay with that. The character's a bit too much for my tastes, and he's taken focus off our core characters.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
[Barry goes back in time to stop the bus from being infected with the black matter thus preventing the bus metas from getting their powers and defeating Devoe. Problems will probably arise because Barry's past self will also be there having just come out of the Speed Force. Also means Ralph will never have become the Elongated Man. Though he may die next episode and so would presumably now live but without his power.]

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I enjoy Ralph and have appreciated his support to the team. I think he has been a great counterpoint to the obnoxiousness Barry has shown recently. I understand all Barry has gone through and find Devoe infuriating, but Barry has been a bit maddening at times this season. I think Ralph has been good for him.

Really enjoyed Danny Trejo's final wardrobe :D.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Even though Dibney has annoyed me at times, I would be upset if they killed him off after all the talk about how they will protect him. It would be great for dramatic purposes if he is killed, but it would be a devastating failure for team Flash and Barry.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I like Ralph and would be sorry if he were off the show. However they seem to repeat the same story beats for him where he is frightened of getting killed but eventually overcomes his fear and becomes the hero only to be frightened about getting killed again the next episode.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
DC did killed off Ralph and his wife Sue a few years ago. :angry:
They did come back as Ghost Detectives. :eek:

I wonder what Wells is up too? Plugging his helmet into the time computer setup that belonged to Eobard Thawne/Harrison Wells.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
So, the writers finally remembered Gideon again. I have been waiting for the characters to tap into this knowledge base. I think Gideon said it was 1038 days or something since Wells talked to Gideon last. There should be clues on how to defeat Devoe.

I also would be upset if they killed Ralph.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
What is going on with Wells? Is he really Eobard Thawne, who at some time switched places Earth II Wells? Or was Wells trying to trick Gideon into thinking he was Thawne? Is the thinking cap making Wells evil?

Save Ralph Digby!!!!!! Actor who plays Ralph, Hartley Sawyer, has been spoted on set during filming of finale. Doesn't mean Raplh is safe. He could be Devoe as Ralph or ya know time travel..

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This was the best episode since "Enter Flashtime" for me.

I really liked that they didn't pull their punches:
with DeVoe overriding Ralph and taking over his body. And I appreciated that even as he was being overwritten, Ralph was grateful to Barry for stopping him from becoming a killer.

Hopefully this isn't the last we've seen of Killer Frost.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I assume because the show made the point that Ralph’s body, for whatever reason, won’t deteriorate like all the other bodies, that Ralph’s consciousness still exists in his brain and he will be back in the season finale as himself. Perhaps he will play a part in defeating Devoe. I do like him as a member of the team and hope he is promoted to series regular next season and appears in the next cross-over. Best performance by Hartley Sawyer as Ralph this season. Had a lot of heart.

Danielle Panabaker needs to be featured in an episode. She has had almost nothing to do this season. They should have included Caitlin and Killer Frost leaving notes to each other in several previous episode instead of just mentioning it as an after thought in this week's story. I hope what happened in this episode leads to a Caitlin "A" story before the season ends though we are getting close to the end so maybe not.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Is it just me or would Hartley Sawyer make a good Darrin if they ever re-boot Bewitched?

People said the same thing about Jim Carey when they were talking about casting the Bewitched movie years ago. Hartley does resemble Jim Carey . He even mentioned it on a youtube video.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Yes, they didn't pull any punches, but I don't understand the business of when Ralph had the tuning fork and when he didn't. I also don't know how he could have messed up with the cuffs and how this time Barry wasn't fast enough to react before DeVoe turned on the gravity. Barry's speed and reactions are definitely powered by the needs of the plot.

Also, I was disappointed that Wells was only using Gideon to help power the helmet and not getting any advice from Gideon.

Ultimately, if at the end of the season Ralph does not have control of his body I will be extremely disappointed.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Yes, they didn't pull any punches, but I don't understand the business of when Ralph had the tuning fork and when he didn't.

I think Ralph was able to turn his hand into a copy of the tuning fork because he had an impression of it when he hid the tuning fork in his body earlier in the episode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks