What's new

The Flash - season 5 (The CW) (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Woah. Gary come on.

Don’t post major news about other shows in a different shows topic. Jeez.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I somehow missed this news last month, but CW announced the length of Crisis on Infinite Earths. It's a five hour event, but spread out over 2 quarters.

https://screenrant.com/arrowverse-crisis-infinite-earths-crossover-length/amp/

It appears that any indication of what that means is down to speculation. My guess is that we get two or three parts in December (including the Arrow series finale), with the remaining parts in January (including the Legends season premiere).

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I somehow missed this news last month, but CW announced the length of Crisis on Infinite Earths. It's a five hour event, but spread out over 2 quarters.

https://screenrant.com/arrowverse-crisis-infinite-earths-crossover-length/amp/

It appears that any indication of what that means is down to speculation. My guess is that we get two or three parts in December (including the Arrow series finale), with the remaining parts in January (including the Legends season premiere).
I would be very surprised if the end of Crisis is not also the last episode of Arrow. Oliver apparently will be working with the Monitor for his last 10 episodes since he went with the Monitor in season 7’s finale.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I would be very surprised if the end of Crisis is not also the last episode of Arrow. Oliver apparently will be working with the Monitor for his last 10 episodes since he went with the Monitor in season 7’s finale.
I read somewhere -- can't remember where or how trustworthy -- that the "Arrow" episode of the crossover event would be the penultimate episode, and the series finale would be after the crossover event.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I read somewhere -- can't remember where or how trustworthy -- that the "Arrow" episode of the crossover event would be the penultimate episode, and the series finale would be after the crossover event.

Traditionally the Arrowverse shows air nine episodes in the Fall. The crossover has been episode 8 except last season when it was episode 9 to accommodate The Flash's 100th episode being outside the crossover. If they are going to carry one episode of Arrow into January I think it would be part of the crossover. If the last episode airs after the crossover, which presumably will be epic, and maybe change all the shows, I think a final Arrow episode would be anticlimactic. If everyone thinks Oliver dies during the crossover when we know he is in another place waiting to reunite with Felicity, what would be the point of everyone hanging around mourning him. It would be sentimental but ultimately pointless. Arrow was never a sentimental show.
I, of course, could be completely wrong but ending Arrow as part of an epic event makes the most sense to me. I could see Oliver presumed dead at the end of Crisis and then they cut to the future where Oliver is waiting and Felicity joins him in the other place. They embrace as a montage of scenes from 8 seasons of Arrow flash by. The end. Maybe they even filmed this ending at the end of Season 7 before Emily left the series.

The season finale of Season 7 worked fine as a series finale for Arrow. They all said good bye. We had a last Diggle, Felicity, and Oliver (OTA) moment. They closed the Arrow bunker/cave / whatever they call it. Oliver and Felicity went off happy and had a baby.
Season 8 of Arrow is a big question mark. Will only Stephen Amell appear in the present? He apparently won't interact with anyone from team Arrow unless they are other versions of the characters from alternate Earths. That is a very different show. Maybe most of the show is set in the future with Mia and friends so that they can fix everything that is screwed up in the future.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
As I posted on the Arrow thread, Arrow's fall premiere is Oct 15, a week later than the other Arrowverse shows. That may mean Arrow will only broadcast 8 episodes in the fall and then 2 in January. One being a part of the crossover and the other being its final episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks