What's new

The Flash - season 6 (The CW) (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
They have delayed the next new episode. Beginning Tuesday April 7 they are repeating this season's crossover over 3 nights. Two episodes Tuesday and Thursday, One on Wednesday.

No date listed for the next new episode yet.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
https://deadline.com/2020/03/the-cw...ies-exit-final-season-coronavirus-1202893520/

Some scheduling changes towards the end of the season:
Additionally, the CW is moving up the network premiere of DC’s Stargirl by week, to Tuesday, May 19 at 8 PM. (Stargirl was supposed to preview on May 12 at 9 PM, behind an original episode of The Flash, before taking over The Flash’s Tuesday 8 PM slot on May 26.) It will now succeed The Flash, which will have wrapped its abbreviated season by May 12.

To stagger The Flash‘s remaining original episodes, the CW already moved in to replace an original episode with a repeat. It is a strategy the network is expected to use for its other series whose production was impacted by the shutdown, like Supergirl, Batwoman, Nancy Drew and Charmed.

For all series except for Supernatural, the current plan is for all filmed episodes to be delivered and aired this spring, with post-production expected to be completed.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
More news. Now it seems filming for next season's shows may also be delayed for Vancouver TV Shows based on Province's current quarantine plan per TVline article. On the brighter side this doesn't necessarily mean the Fall shows won't start in October. What happens to the unfilmed episodes from the current season remains unknown. I assume they will start the next season with the conclusion of the current season story lines before starting new story lines.

https://tvline.com/2020/04/01/fall-tv-production-delayed-flash-riverdale-batwoman/

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed tonight's episode. It was good to see Ralph and Sue again. The climax and some other things didn't make sense but to discuss this would be a spoiler so I won't say anything at this time.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Based on Barry's reaction at the end of the episode, it seems like he's starting to put the pieces together finally.

Hopefully they'll get Iris out of mirror world soon and reveal what Eva's grand plan is. It feels like the show's been spinning its wheels for a little while now.

I enjoyed tonight's episode. It was good to see Ralph and Sue again.
They have amazing chemistry together. Natalie Dreyfuss has the timing of an actress from the screwball comedy days. Sue makes Ralph more fun to watch.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The mirror world plot is beginning to resemble the 1950's movies "I Married a Monster From Outer Space" and "Invasion of The Body Snatchers". You never know if the person you meet is really them or an impostor.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Based on Barry's reaction at the end of the episode, it seems like he's starting to put the pieces together finally.

Hopefully they'll get Iris out of mirror world soon and reveal what Eva's grand plan is. It feels like the show's been spinning its wheels for a little while now.

They have amazing chemistry together. Natalie Dreyfuss has the timing of an actress from the screwball comedy days. Sue makes Ralph more fun to watch.

The way it is looking now they should have Eva and Carver fight and out and then pick up the pieces. The drawback with that is all the collateral damage. Unfortunately, both sides of the plots seem to just drag along and unfortunately I doubt we will see any conclusion with the remaining episodes they have filmed.

Sue and Ralph are a delight together.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Exclusive scene from tonight's episode on TVline. Real Iris makes a discovery.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The pacing is just interminable. Iris is still trapped in the mirror dimension, we as the audience still don't know what Eva's big plan is, Ralph and Sue still haven't gotten on the same page, and so on.

What makes it especially frustrating is that the season got cut short after the production shutdown due to the pandemic. So none of these storylines are likely to resolve by the end of the season.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
It really bothered me when Barry used the device to expose fake Iris which didn't work and then she used the device on him and it did work, that Barry didn't insist they try the device on Nash and Cecile . It would have worked on them as it worked on Barry. Just bad writing that makes Barry look stupid.

Remember Caitlin's father turned her mother into a Frost last season, at least it was implied by her frozen breath. I wonder if that will play into the episode where Caitlin goes to her mother for help. The show has eliminated "Previously on The Flash "recaps since the crossover, I wonder if they will remind the audience of her mother's situation.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The pacing is just interminable. Iris is still trapped in the mirror dimension, we as the audience still don't know what Eva's big plan is ...

We know Eva plans to have some revenge on her husband and doesn't want anyone else getting in the way or getting him first. The details don't really matter at the moment.

I really wish Iris had been able to leave ages ago, but at least we know that Singh (I don't think we saw when he was taken) and Kamilla are really also there. Big plot point (bad writing?) that we did not see - no interactions between mirror Kamilla and Cisco.

"Plot Point Last Episode that was Bad"]
Yes, another one of the trademark stupid plots of the Flash - if they weren't written to be so stupid they would resolve their problems a lot quicker or avoid them completely.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Cisco will probably be busy taking Caitlin to her mother and therefore will probably not notice Mirror Kamilla is gone. How is Iris even going to begin to figure out where the real Singh and Kamilla are? I guess she will use the control room that gave her a headache and see when they were taken and where they are stored. Perhaps she won't pass out again and then be stuck in the mirror world for another episode.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
This week's episode was enjoyable but was just a filler episode as nothing happened to advance the over all plot for the second half of the season. It was nice to see Joe which was unexpected. I thought Barry didn't know where Joe was taken for witness protection but apparently he does. It is a little frustrating to have a filler episode and realize much will be left unresolved in this shortened season. Maybe Iris and all will get out of the Mirrorverse next week. I think that is the best we can hope for as far as resolutions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks