What's new

Supergirl - season 4 (The CW) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm playing catch-up with this show and just saw last week's episode, which I thought was very good. Jon Cryer was very good as Lex, and he provides what this season really needs: a strong villain. Does anyone know how many episodes Cryer is signed for?

Also, we're 2/3 of the way through the season. Has no one in charge thought to mention how terrible Alex's hair looks? Can they please give her a new haircut?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just watched last night's episode. I was astounded at how good it was. I didn't think the current creative team were capable of such an episode. I didn't fully appreciate how much this show has been missing a truly great villain until Lex Luthor came onto the scene.

And they filled in the gaps of the Red Daughter's storyline in more interesting ways than I'd expected. She is not an automaton or drone. She is Kara Zor-El without any of the experiences that made her Kara Danvers. She is smart and compassionate and fundamentally decent. But she is twisted into something else.

The fact that the writers have maneuvered things so that when Lex Luthor appeared on the scene, he had Otis and Miss Tessmacher in tow is just a gift.

This episode gets an "A" from me. And I can't say that about any episode since the second season premiere introduced Superman.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I'll echo the comments on this past week's episode. A great episode which shows how Lex has been manipulating Lockwood and other events all season.

We saw some more of the scenes in the preview shown two episodes ago.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Pretty strong finale overall. The Earth-38 version of Lex Luthor is a really strong, interesting villain. These days I do sadly think that Lex's opinion about the masses and their willingness to accept spin over objective truth is closer to the mark than Kara's idealism.

I really like how the Earth-38 Eve Teschmacher is like a Russian nesting doll; just when you think you know who she is, another layer is peeled off. First she was CatCo/Lena's smart and capable assistant. Then she was Lex Luthor's besotted henchwoman. Now she's the reluctant covert agent of Leviathan.

I don't think the character of James's sister is working at all. The show hasn't spent any time developing her as a character. And she feels slotted in in a rather mechanical way as Alex's new love interest. The show hasn't done the work to make us invest in that relationship.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I liked the finale. Overall, I think Supergirl had the strongest season of the CW shows, and it was mostly due to how the show pulled together its many strands with the addition of Lex. I agree that the relationship stuff with Alex was very weak this season (especially her ridiculous haircut) and they telegraphed the relationship with James's sister almost from her first appearance. Assuming and hoping we haven't seen the last of Lex.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Assuming and hoping we haven't seen the last of Lex.
Just got around to watching the last two episodes last night. I delayed watching with Supergirl a fugitive. There were a couple of painful episodes there.

It looked like the Monitor had plans for Lex, so I expect we will be seeing more of him.

The Leviathan reveal was a complete surprise. I will be interested in seeing where that goes next season.

One thing I missed when watching the final episodes - just how is Eve Teschmacher able to do the multiplicative-girl trick? Just what are those extra versions? Where is the real Eve during those events?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks