What's new

The Flash - season 4 (The CW) (2 Viewers)

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Always a pleasure seeing Wentworth Miller chewy scenery on THE FLASH.
Like his little pep talks to Barry.
Wonder what happen to Siren-X?
Maybe Quentin Lance has also taken her in to reform her.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking that the mysterious young woman who keeps popping up is Barry and Iris's daughter or granddaughter, but now I'm wondering if:
...she's actually Joe and Cecile's soon to be born child. She certainly knew the child's exact birthdate.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking that the mysterious young woman who keeps popping up is Barry and Iris's daughter or granddaughter, but now I'm wondering if:
...she's actually Joe and Cecile's soon to be born child. She certainly knew the child's exact birthdate.
I still think she is Barry or Iris' daughter or granddaughter, but the other option is possible. I still have no idea what impact she will have on the storyline.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

I think your spoiler speculation is what the writers want us to believe based on the scene you described. That is why I don't think that is the answer. Making her the child or grandchild of Barry and Iris also seems too obvious as that has been the speculation since the wedding episode. I will be disappointed if this turns out to be true. Mystery girl has met everyone on Team Flash except Iris and she deliberately left last night when she saw Iris was there. Would Iris recognize her somehow?

I would prefer Mystery Girl to be a manifestation of the Speedforce sent to Central City to monitor Barry Allen because he escaped the Speedforce at the begining of the season. Maybe the form she takes is of Barry and Iris's future child. Though this doesn't explain why she is avoiding Iris unless the form she took is of someone Iris knows.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It was a good episode, although I am weary of these season-long stories. The larger story moves at a glacial pace, even though every week is said to be essential to defeating the villain. Can't we just have a season where the Flash (or Arrow or anyone) takes down super-villains or prevents natural disasters?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It was a good episode, although I am weary of these season-long stories. The larger story moves at a glacial pace, even though every week is said to be essential to defeating the villain. Can't we just have a season where the Flash (or Arrow or anyone) takes down super-villains or prevents natural disasters?
Yes, these season long arcs are quite painful and give us some excruciatingly poor writing at times. I'd much prefer they had at least two arcs. Split the season in half. That should be enough space for developing and defeating a major villain.

Now, I haven't seen the last few Arrow episodes, but this season has been an improvement in that they had one major villain in the first half of the season and another one, who seemed minor, takes over for the rest of the season. That was a better approach.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
In the most recent episode, they finally remember Amunet, though she still is at large at the end of the episode (and with more resources at her disposal). At least they have a weapon against DeVoe and they realize that there is something up with Marlize.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
I wish they would have kept on forgetting Amunet.
I really dislike the accent that Katee Sackoff is using Plus I also dislike the custom design and makeup for her.

Council of Wells/Harrisons was fun once but twice was too much for me.

Forgettable episode. 'D-'.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Council of Wells/Harrisons was fun once but twice was too much for me.

Forgettable episode. 'D-'.
This is a problem of these season long villain arcs. There just isn't enough to sustain a season. I bet any of us could make a better season by eliminating at least a half dozen episodes and moving some of the relevant ideas elsewhere. I'd start by eliminating the whole "trial of the Flash" mini-arc - the worst writing of the season.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
This hasn't been a great season The Flash, Arrow, or Supergirl. They just seem tired with more of the same old stuff. Maybe they have just run their course and it is time to end them. Since the CW seems to cancel almost nothing, I hope they will consider shorter seasons for all their DC based shows.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Frankly, I dropped all three of them and rejoined Legends of Tomorrow since it seemed to be the most creative and fun of the quartet.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Frankly, I dropped all three of them and rejoined Legends of Tomorrow since it seemed to be the most creative and fun of the quartet.
I still watch all of them, but "Legends of Tomorrow" is by far my favorite -- a joy pretty much every week. "Black Lightning" is also very good, in a very different sort of way. "Supergirl" is better than it was in its second season, but a far cry from its mostly great first season. "Arrow" and "The Flash" have been a slog this season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The cold open with DeVoe-as-Diggle infiltrating A.R.G.U.S. was the most ambitious any of the Arrowverse shows have been in a while.

Caitlin Snow's mysterious past, and the reveal that Killer Frost was a part of her long before the particle accelerator explosion, is so interesting I wish it wasn't shoved into the background.

The whole thing with Cecile's superpowered pregnancy continues to be ridiculous.

I generally agree, but find Legends of Tomorrow rather juvenile at times.
It definitely is; one of the things I love about it.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Caitlin's story will probably be part of the setup for the fall. Her father is probably going to be a metahuman, Icicle maybe? Perhaps he will be the big bad for next season. Cecile's superpowered pregnancy will probably be a major part of bringing down Devoe. Maybe her being able to know him will lead to his defeat or being able to bring back all the bus metas if that is possible.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The cold open with DeVoe-as-Diggle infiltrating A.R.G.U.S. was the most ambitious any of the Arrowverse shows have been in a while.

Caitlin Snow's mysterious past, and the reveal that Killer Frost was a part of her long before the particle accelerator explosion, is so interesting I wish it wasn't shoved into the background.
The opening was ambitious, but ARGUS should have been warned about all of DeVoe's powers and not been fooled into turning off the dampeners. Yeah, Diggle's arm is "having problems", but that doesn't impact his ability to do an inspection or whatever he "needed to do" there. What if some superpowered menace was near anyway. The writers should have come up with a better way for DeVoe to infiltrate ARGUS than making them stupid.

As far as Caitlin being a little Frosty in her youth, it looks like she will find the key to turning that back on eventually.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
As far as Caitlin being a little Frosty in her youth, it looks like she will find the key to turning that back on eventually.

On a related note, is anyone else getting a bit tired of characters in the show hearing about someone whose powers did not come from the particle accelerator incident, and exclaiming "How can that be?" As if there could only be one way to gain powers?

This, from a team who has members that have met Supergirl…

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
There was a press release yesterday for the blu-ray sets of Flash Season 4 and Arrow Season 6; both of them say that all four crossover episodes will be included.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
There was a press release yesterday for the blu-ray sets of Flash Season 4 and Arrow Season 6; both of them say that all four crossover episodes will be included.
Definitely the correct decision as not everyone will be buying all sets.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
On a related note, is anyone else getting a bit tired of characters in the show hearing about someone whose powers did not come from the particle accelerator incident, and exclaiming "How can that be?" As if there could only be one way to gain powers?

This, from a team who has members that have met Supergirl…
To be fair, though, Supergirl is from another universe. Except for the bus metas, something like 99 percent of the metas Team Flash has encountered have been from one of the particle accelerator explosions.

Excellent news. I collect "Arrow", "Supergirl" and "Legends" on Blu-Ray, but I'm waiting on a complete series set for "The Flash". With the CW/Netflix arrangement, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal to stream the missing episode, but it's nice that the entire crossover will be together in each set.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made one "Crisis on Earth-X" disc to bundle with all four sets. That way, they can include a "Play All" option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks