What's new

SVS PCi and CS at the same time? (1 Viewer)

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Hey gang! Anyone here have a SVS PCi sub and a SVS CS sub running in the same room? I currently have a 25-31PCi and am thinking about getting a 25-31CS because I have a spare amp channel and I'm curious if anyone else has done this. Yes, I've e-mailed SVS but in the meantime I'd love to hear what onyone else has experienced.

Be nice to have two! :D

E

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Erik,

I have a 25-31PCi with a pair of 20-39CS's. The combo sounds great to me. THe 25-31 adds a little more punch to the 39's. Of course it could just be the extra volume the 3rd sub brings to the room.

I have thought about lowering the tuning of the 25-31 to 22hz, but I dont want to loose the extra punch.

My website has some pics of the subs. check it out.

Earle

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
I thought I recognized your name for Club Rotel. Nice to meet another Rotel fan. I love my 1055.

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Good Gravy...THREE SVSs!!! :D Thanks for sharing...congrats on the new addition to the family! Kids are great...we're expecting our second boy in December...and yes I'm a Club Rotel fan too! ;) My 1066 just sings beautifully!

Well I wonder what the wife will think of "MORE BASS" in our theater! LOL...she thinks it's CRAZY now!

E

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
EarleD>> I knew I had seen a few users doing the same as I. I run a AV15 tuned to 20Hz along with dual 25-31 CS+'s. I just love what this combo does. I seem to get the best of both worlds with no cancellations.
__________________________________________________ _________

Erik your idea will work just fine.

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Thanks Steve...I thought it would but sometimes us junkies just need other junkies to confirm our ideas! :D

E

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Thanks for the kind words. My wife and I are getting ready to start trying for another child soon. Since Colin came into our lives, I realized how much fun kids are. Besides making them is alot of fun:D

My HT room is pretty big, while the actual HT is in a 14X21 room, it opens to the other side of the basement. The size of the room plus the concrete floors, makes the 3rd sub a necessity.

Erik,

Your HT looks great. I only can hope I can eventually end up with a FP and a real "big screen"

Earle

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Earle, Colin is a cutie so you just keep practicing and his little brother or sister is bound to happen! :D

Yea, a larger room would require more punch to get good SPL and slam...my buddy keeps saying I should get a Ultras in my 12x18 room! :emoji_thumbsup: Hello!!!!

Well now I'm off to save and tell my wife about my plan!

Thanks on the room....going FP was just amazing and makes HT..come to life! Plus my wife's curtains and the motorized opening is just darn good fun! :)

Have a great one!

Thanks, E

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks