What's new

Should I wait, or buy now? (1 Viewer)

Al_Reb

Agent
OK, after having gone through 5 subs(3 of one model, 2 of an newer model) in less than 2 years, of the same brand. It's time for a change.
After much research, in here and elsewhere, I have decided to get an SVS. But after reading some posts from the SVS guys hinting about a new PC+ I'm torn and confused.:)
Should I wait for the new PC+ or just go a head and get the PCi? I'm not much of a tweaker, I tend to set it and forget it, so I don't think the CS line is the way for me to go. Plus, my rack has no room left to add another piece of equipment.;)
The room is 18'x13'x10' and has an opening into the adjacent room that is 8'x8'. Would one PCi or PC+ be enough? I only listen to music and DVDs at moderately sane levels.:b But on occasions I have been known to go full tilt. An help would be appreciated.

SanfordL

Stunt Coordinator
If you can be patient (I wasn't able to, but the 16-46 PCi kills in my room) I'd wait for the PCi+. It should be sick, plus you can seal the tube to go even lower, and with all that headroom (675 watts I think) you can go just as loud as you need to too, if you are into that kind of thing. :D This is all assuming that the set-up is the same as the CS+, so I might be wrong, but the guys at SVS seem to know what is needed. As long as you can live with what you have for now, I'd wait. Of course, then again, I will envy you when you get your +, but until then....
If you do wait for the +, expect to bite your fingers off waiting for it. I did at least. ;)

Al_Reb

Agent
What subs have you tried. That might help out a bit!
Chris
Well, I really don't want to start a fire. I did like the subs, but they both ended up being faulty. Maybe I pushed them too hard? If you must know, they were Infinity's. The first was a BU-150. It was back and forth from service 3 times, the last time it was there, the repair person told me he was recomending for replacement. To my surprise, Infinity agreed and replaced it with the new model, an IL120s, with the R.A.B.O.S. kit added for no charge.:) I really liked the IL120s, with the R.A.B.O.S. kit I was able to customize the sub to my room. But the IL120s had the same problem as the BU-150, it started *fluttering* and then quit playing all together. I took it back to the same place and the repair person was shocked to say the least. He repaired it and it was fine up to last monday(4/22). Then it did the same thing, fluttered and quit. I just dropped it off, again, and told them not to hurry because I was looking into something else.
I hope this doesn't start a fire.

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
I was in the same situation. Should I wait for the PCI...? Well I went with the dual 25-31CS+ with the sampson amp and it SLAMS in my HT. I think the difference in these will be minisule, besides you can upgrade to 2. Go with the CS+ Now the difference between the PC and PC+ series is a different story.

Al_Reb

Agent
SanfordL wrote:
If you do wait for the +, expect to bite your fingers off waiting for it. I did at least.
Well, that's kinda what I'm getting at. I can wait for a bit but I don't think my patients will hold out for to long.;) Does any one know of a time frame for the release of the "+"?

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
Let me clearify...

I was in the same situation. Should I wait for the PC+...? Well I went with the dual 25-31CS+ with the sampson amp and it SLAMS in my HT. I think the difference in these will be minisule, besides you can upgrade to 2. Go with the CS+ Now the difference between the PCI and PC+ series is a different story.

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
We're gunning for a late spring pre-order at least....but we won't really know for sure for 2-4 more weeks.

This is a quote from SVS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks