What's new

Smallville Season 2! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I had 2 discs off the hub of mine, #'s 3 and 5. #3 looks like a brillo pad hit it...back it goes!

But I DID have a booklet. Missing booklets seem to be from Canadian sets. READ HERE.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
David, is it SOP for the returns desk to open the second copy? I was a little surprised when the girl dug her nails in and ripped off the wrapper and threw it away. I suppose that's so I could make sure the second copy didn't have any off the hub, but she didn't really seem interested. Maybe it was to make sure I didn't get a second coupon for Teen People ('cause I'm just dyin' to subscribe!). I guess it's no big deal, but it was a little odd and I am a bit OCD about these things. :D

Cliff C

Grip
Thanks for the info on the missing booklets David!

I was originally thinking of exchanging the set at the store, but if it's affecting all Canadian sets, I'll just request it from the email you provided.

Cliff

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
David, is it SOP for the returns desk to open the second copy?
Yes.

Most stores' policy is "return unopened copies for full copies within 30 days if you have a receipt; open copies will only be exchanged if defective; defectives can be exchanged for the same item."

Scenario: Buy Smallville, burn copies on your DVD burner, take it back to store and say it's defective, get it exchanged for a new unopened copy, then later on return unopened copy for a full refund. Now you have a free copy of the set.

So the store opens the 2nd copy "for your convenience", making sure that you are not getting an unopened copy to use for full return in the above scenario. They also write on your original receipt to help prevent it as well.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've got agree with Bill that the Christopher Reeve featurette was the highlight of the set. Not only did we get to see alot of footage of Superman, but the whole documentary's design was a tribute to Donner's Superman: The Movie. As soon as the "Christopher Reeve" then "Man of Steel" flew across the screen in a CG approximation of the first movie's opening credits, I was jazzed and knew it'd be something special.
And the fact that Millar and Gough have involved several notable Superman alumni in Smallville means we got to hear from "Superman for All Seasons" writer Jeph Loeb and "Kindom Come" artist Alex Ross on how they feel about Christopher Reeve. A great feature, and more substantial than so many fluff EPKs.

The special effects featurette was also good. Smallville has some of the biggest and baddest effects on network TV today, and the fact they're done on a shoestring makes it infinitely more interesting than another ILM "We threw our programmers at it and they made a program just to do this task!" featurette.

The gag reel was fun, especially the last gag.

The Chloe Chronicles while very low budget were a neat little addition.

Currently through "Heat" watching in chronological order.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks, David. I guess the scammers and thieves have ruined it for us honest folk. I guess the last time I returned stuff was before DVD-Rs were prevalent, so they didn't open them for me.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
When I returned my Gilmore Girls that had discs off the hub I opened it in the store to make sure the same problem didn't exist. Just makes sense to me.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I still have mine. Do you have to cut up the book to get the proof of purchase? Probably not worth the $4.80.

Wade K

Second Unit
There are the tear-off proof of purchase tabs on the inside rear flap. I think that would be enough. The card doesn't say anything about a receipt being necessary.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I've had some more time to go through more of the features on the set, and I've posted my thoughts on my earlier review on page 2. Check them out! :)

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Just opened mine, and no booklet. Has anyone heard of what's being done to rectify this problem?

I've sent an email out to the above address, so I'm hoping I'll hear from him soon.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I am curious if anyone know this...
Is the James Marshall that does the commentary track the same J.M that was in Twin Peaks years ago?

I got mine yesterday and watched the outtakes and the Special featurette about Superman and Chris Reeves. Very cool.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
That's my question about James Marshall as well. Methinks it is. Based on his comments on "Rosetta", he sounds pretty youthful, so I'm thinking he's one and the same.

Cliff C

Grip
Regarding the missing booklets. I emailed them on May 21st but I did not receive a response so I wasn't really sure they processed it yet, but I received my booklet in the mail yesterday!

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
A quick check at the IMDb shows that James Marshall the actor is still an actor, and James Marshall the director does a lot of TV for the WB, but are not the same person.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks