What's new

TV ON BLU BEFORE I DIE - PRETTY PLEASE (1 Viewer)

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
The M Squad and Checkmate releases from Timeless were so bad. I bought both but was never able to watch them straight through, the video quality was so poor.

It would be great to see M Squad and Checkmate in HD one day, but I suspect we live in the multiverse where that will not happen :(

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Some I'd love to see are in need of a restoration like VCI did for "It's about Time"series.
2 early Wally Cox series (High School Science Teacher to Internatioanl Spy), one from William Windom (Jame Thurber) and a weird superhero duo Captain Nice and Mr Wonderfull. Both of thos were coming in during the Get Smart era as summer replacements.

Attachments

• MV5BMTkwMzczODUzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTg4MjA0MQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
    MV5BMTkwMzczODUzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTg4MjA0MQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 27
  • MV5BODg1OGIyMjUtNTk3NS00OWY3LTk3MzEtNWQzNDA1NWNkZTVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjcyMDU4NA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg
    MV5BODg1OGIyMjUtNTk3NS00OWY3LTk3MzEtNWQzNDA1NWNkZTVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjcyMDU4NA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 27
  • windom-my world3.jpg
    windom-my world3.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 51TTJLCqyGL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    51TTJLCqyGL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 28
  • captain_nice.jpg
    captain_nice.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 24

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Some I'd love to see are in need of a restoration like VCI did for "It's about Time"series.
2 early Wally Cox series (High School Science Teacher to Internatioanl Spy), one from William Windom (Jame Thurber) and a weird superhero duo Captain Nice and Mr Wonderfull. Both of thos were coming in during the Get Smart era as summer replacements.
Bachelor Father --- Racket Squad in legit release!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The M Squad and Checkmate releases from Timeless were so bad. I bought both but was never able to watch them straight through, the video quality was so poor.:(

I actually didn't mind M Squad-- I had never seen the show before, and I was happy to have the all-in-one, and relished it (enjoyed it through and through).

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
The Phil Silvers show.I have had the dvds since ..ohh forever:)) The pilot was never broadcast.Also restored Cisco Kid tv series would be great love that show.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The Phil Silvers show.I have had the dvds since ..ohh forever:)) The pilot was never broadcast.Also restored Cisco Kid tv series would be great love that show.

For me , if they could restore all of the color Cisco episodes I'd be thrilled...I see them on Amazon and Youtube, tired out of focus and wahed out!!

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I just noticed that Pluto TV has a channel devoted just to Rawhide. Lo and behold, all the episodes on the channel are in HD, including seasons 1 and 4! Those seasons look so much better here than what was released on disc, especially season 4! It's too bad that these transfers haven't been put on disc yet. The thing with watching them on Pluto TV is that the episodes are interrupted by commercials.

Pluto TV also has a channel devoted just to Have Gun Will Travel. Season 1-3 are still not in HD. They rather look like they're from 16mm. Still, seasons 1-3 look a thousand times better here than on the DVDs, which featured transfers of video masters and all their video artifacts. In this case, I'd rather put up with the commercials on Pluto than watch Have Gun Will Travel Seasons 1-3 on DVD again, the DVDs look that bad.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I just noticed that Pluto TV has a channel devoted just to Rawhide. Lo and behold, all the episodes on the channel are in HD, including seasons 1 and 4! Those seasons look so much better here than what was released on disc, especially season 4! It's too bad that these transfers haven't been put on disc yet. The thing with watching them on Pluto TV is that the episodes are interrupted by commercials.

Pluto TV also has a channel devoted just to Have Gun Will Travel. Season 1-3 are still not in HD. They rather look like they're from 16mm. Still, seasons 1-3 look a thousand times better here than on the DVDs, which featured transfers of video masters and all their video artifacts. In this case, I'd rather put up with the commercials on Pluto than watch Have Gun Will Travel Seasons 1-3 on DVD again, the DVDs look that bad.
Who released them on dvd? Mill Creek? Kino (Timeless)?

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Looking again at the Pluto TV channels for Rawhide and Have Gun, not all episodes are available on demand. Many are missing, especially for Rawhide.

Rawhide looks great, definitely Blu Ray worthy. Here's hoping they do a complete bluray set one day!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks