What's new

NFL Off-season 2019 (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Miami is starting over, so they’ll draft the best rated QB when it’s their turn. Better to move on from a player who has proved that he’s not the guy than to not make a change and hope for the best (Tannehill isn’t the guy).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Miami is starting over, so they’ll draft the best rated QB when it’s their turn. Better to move on from a player who has proved that he’s not the guy than to not make a change and hope for the best (Tannehill isn’t the guy).
The Dolphins don't have a very high pick -- currently 13th. In a weak QB draft, that will not be high enough to grab a franchise QB. Either they will have to pay a big price to move up, or need to tank this season and go for a much higher pick in next year's draft, which has a couple of great-looking QB prospects. I guess they could try to acquire Rosen if the Cardinals take Murray.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I don’t really buy the idea of the Cardinals dumping their young QB in favor of a new toy. I think this is media fanboy wishful thinking.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yeah, I think the Cardinals would be wise to play up the Murray angle and then trade down a few spots in the draft with a team desperate for a QB.

I assume that's what they are doing as that would make the most sense. Why give up on Rosen when he only played part of a season on a team that was a disaster? Kingsbury is supposed to be a QB guru so he should be able to step in and do something with Rosen...who personally I think has potential to be a better QB than Goff in LA. If they really do want Murray and are going to trade Rosen Miami should get all over that.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Titans probably should move on from Mariota- too inconsistent, hurt a lot, and he just doesn’t look like a franchise QB that can take a team anywhere.
Yeah, I wouldln't put Mariota in quite the same injury-prone class as Sam Bradford (yet), but he seems to be pretty fragile. Carson Wentz seems to be headed in that same direction.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I’m an Eagles fan, so the Wentz situation scares me a little. I really like him as a player, but his injuries and the locker room scuttlebutt about him is troubling.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I wonder how Antonio Brown feels about the Raiders signing Vontaze Burfict, who once injured Brown with one of the many dirty hits he’s delivered in his career. That locker room should be entertaining this season.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I wonder how Antonio Brown feels about the Raiders signing Vontaze Burfict, who once injured Brown with one of the many dirty hits he’s delivered in his career. That locker room should be entertaining this season.
Maybe they'll be on "Hard Knocks".

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They'll be on Hard Knocks on HBO this year.:) I've never watched that program, but I might do so this year if they're chosen as it might be more entertaining than their 2019 season.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
They'll be on Hard Knocks on HBO this year.:) I've never watched that program, but I might do so this year if they're chosen as it might be more entertaining than their 2019 season.
I have never watched it, either. We don't subscribe to HBO (although I may get it for a month after the final season of Game of Thrones has completed), and I'm not a fan of reality TV, anyway.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Wow- why would Gruden want Burfict? I’m sort of a Bengals fan, and I was happy to see the team finally release him (he represents one of the worst moments in Bengals history- the playoff debacle vs. the Steelers 3 years ago).
Burfict is a penalty flag and suspension waiting to happen.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The Dolphins signed Fitzpatrick? Really? For the sake of fish fans, I hope they signed him only as a backup QB. He’s not a starting QB, but is the perfect backup.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The Dolphins signed Fitzpatrick? Really? For the sake of fish fans, I hope they signed him only as a backup QB. He’s not a starting QB, but is the perfect backup.

No, he's the starter. The rumors are they are going to draft a QB in the first round. Though, not sure I buy this and it may be smokescreen, I would think they will draft a defensive player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.