What's new

2021-2022 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Which QB will have the most success this season?

• Carson Wentz - Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Stafford - Rams

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Trevor Lawrence - Jaguars

• Jimmy Garoppolo -49ers

• Ryan Fitzpatrick - Redskins

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Cam Newton - Patriots

• Jalen Hurts - Eagles

• Justin Fields - Bears

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mac Jones

• Zach Wilson -Jets

• Sam Darnold - Panthers

• Jameis Winston - Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, here it comes the NFL is back in full swing this month with preseason football and what looks like an exciting new season of games. Lots of player movement has occurred which shakes up the league. The New England Patriots drafted a new QB in the first round but are (supposedly) rolling with Cam Newton as their starter. The Eagles traded Carson Wentz to the Colts to replace the (at least for now) retired Philip Rivers. In Philly Jalen Hurts takes the reigns with Joe Flacco waiting in the wings. The Jaguars drafted the number one QB prospect in the draft in Trevor Lawrence and handed him the staring job. Matt Stafford gets a new start with the Rams and they are raving about him already. The Jets give a ticket to Carolina to their former 1st round draft choice and starting QB and draft another QB at the top of the 1st round to replace him. The 49ers trade up to draft a QB at the top of the 1st round making Jimmy G look fairly expendable at this point especially because Shanahan says his rookie is going to be getting regular playing time. Aaron Rodgers tried to shoot his way out of Green Bay but is back with the Pack at least for this season. The Bears open the season praying that their new 1st round QB can beat out Andy Dalton as soon as possible. Nick Foles is still in Chicago but is available to whatever team wants him. The Washington Football Team still does not have a name but they have Ryan Fitzpatrick and Taylor Heinicke dueling it out for their starting QB job. I know that does not sound like a place you want to be but Fitz does have his fans. Lots of change and hope springs eternal.

Of course Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes are still around to terrorize the league. Let's kick this thing off...

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
2021 NFL REGULAR SEASON WIN TOTAL ODDS (ASCENDING ORDER)
TeamWin Total
Kansas City Chiefs12.5
Tampa Bay Buccaneers12
Baltimore Ravens11
Buffalo Bills11
Los Angeles Rams10.5
San Francisco 49ers10.5
Cleveland Browns10.5
Green Bay Packers10
Seattle Seahawks10
New England Patriots9.5
Los Angeles Chargers9.5
Miami Dolphins9.5
New Orleans Saints9
Tennessee Titans9
Indianapolis Colts9
Dallas Cowboys9
Minnesota Vikings9
Pittsburgh Steelers8.5
Arizona Cardinals8.5
Washington Football Team8.5
Denver Broncos8.5
Chicago Bears7.5
Carolina Panthers7.5
Atlanta Falcons7.5
Las Vegas Raiders7
New York Giants7
Jacksonville Jaguars6.5
Cincinnati Bengals6.5
Philadelphia Eagles6.5
New York Jets6
Detroit Lions4.5
Houston Texans4

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As I noted in the other thread, I'll be getting the NFL Sunday Ticket Max for free from DirecTV. I don't have any high expectations for my Raiders or Giants so I wasn't going to purchase this expensive package, but since it's free, why not.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
ODDS TO WIN SUPER BOWL 56 (2/6/22)
TeamOdds
Kansas City Chiefs+500
Tampa Bay Buccaneers+600
Buffalo Bills+1000
Green Bay Packers+1300
Baltimore Ravens+1400
San Francisco 49ers+1400
Los Angeles Rams+1400
Cleveland Browns+1600
Seattle Seahawks+2200
Tennessee Titans+2800
New Orleans Saints+3000
Dallas Cowboys+3000
Los Angeles Chargers+3000
New England Patriots+3500
Miami Dolphins+3500
Indianapolis Colts+4500
Denver Broncos+4500
Arizona Cardinals+4500
Pittsburgh Steelers+4500
Washington Football Team+5000
Minnesota Vikings+5000
Chicago Bears+6500
Atlanta Falcons+8000
New York Giants+8000
Carolina Panthers+9000
Las Vegas Raiders+10000
Philadelphia Eagles+10000
Jacksonville Jaguars+13000
Cincinnati Bengals+15000
New York Jets+15000
Detroit Lions+20000
Houston Texans+20000

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
As I noted in the other thread, I'll be getting the NFL Sunday Ticket Max for free from DirecTV. I don't have any high expectations for my Raiders or Giants so I wasn't going to purchase this expensive package, but since it's free, why not.
I don't have a lot of hope for my Steelers, either. The defense will be a little weaker, and there wasn't any real improvement on an already poor offensive line. Big Ben is another year older, too. They will probably be a "bubble team" for the playoffs, and mostly because there is another playoff team added to each conference this season.

This is also the first time in over 20 years that I will not be playing fantasy football. I was in a small money league ($125 for the season) with some friends for a long time, but told them early last season that I wouldn't be back, giving them time to find a replacement owner. I'm still invited to the league gatherings, but just no longer have to draft and manage a team, which had become a real burden for me the past couple of seasons.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

I moved in mid April and before I did closed my Direct TV account. They have not really made much of an attempt to get me back. This season looks like it could be fun in as much as I think it is wide open for most of the teams that Vegas rates to finish over .500 on that above list. The Patriots reign appears over. Newton is not likely to be the guy to get them back to the playoffs and I'm not high on the kid they drafted. Belichick is a great coach and they added several pass catchers but I doubt it is enough. The team has a lot of holes they cant fill. This means Kansas City is the team to beat in the AFC and honestly, I think they are beatable.

It is interesting how Vegas likes the Rams with Stafford and that will be interesting to watch. It will also be interesting to see if Allen and the Bills continue to improve. If they do they are a team that can take down Kansas City. It is fun to think the Chargers could be in the playoff mix this season as they appear to be the solid second best team in their division.

In the NFC I think Brady and the Buccs are well positioned to return to the Super Bowl. It looks like Vegas believes the Rams and Packers are the primary teams that could ruin Brady's return. Drew Brees being gone seems a big loss for the NFC and the Seahawks and 49ers look to be the other two teams that could make some noise. However, I think both of those teams have some big question marks. It also remains to be seen how Rodgers fairs in his sort of ugly and temporary return to Green Bay. Probably why the Rams have a good shot.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yes, the Raiders and Giants are in not really great positions. However, the NFC East is a bigger mess this year than it was last year as the Eagles look terrible and Washington is hanging their hopes on Ryan Fitzpatrick it seems. The Cowboys should be the favorite in the division but they also seem a hot mess. So, really the Giants could end up taking that division. I think it really depends on how healthy Dak Prescott is through the season.

The Steelers are in a division with two rising but often shaky teams in the Ravens and Browns. They probably will be in the mix and they won the division last year. I don't really trust Mayfield or Jackson as QBs and Ben while declining with the team around him probably still has the firepower to beat the Browns or Ravens on any given Sunday. The Bengals seem the one team in the division that won't be a factor.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
One team that I think everybody needs to keep an eye on this season is the Titans. They probably will win their division and get deep into the playoffs. They probably have what it takes to get to the Super Bowl this season if everybody stays healthy.

I also thought seeing how Wentz would do with the Colts would be interesting. However, he has started with his new team in the same fashion he spent a lot of time with his old team....injured. Right now they think he is out 5 weeks but it could be longer and his injury history is not pretty.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
One team that I think everybody needs to keep an eye on this season is the Titans. They probably will win their division and get deep into the playoffs. They probably have what it takes to get to the Super Bowl this season if everybody stays healthy.

I also thought seeing how Wentz would do with the Colts would be interesting. However, he has started with his new team in the same fashion he spent a lot of time with his old team....injured. Right now they think he is out 5 weeks but it could be longer and his injury history is not pretty.
If Tannehill is still the Titans QB, I wouldn’t bet on them. They have to win by making sure he isn’t the biggest part of the offense.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
If Tannehill is still the Titans QB, I wouldn’t bet on them. They have to win by making sure he isn’t the biggest part of the offense.

I was no fan of the guy in Miami but he has played his role well in Tennessee. He probably is going to have some weapons around him that open that offense up this season in ways it has not been before.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Just saw this photo...

Tebow.jpg

That's Tim Tebow, he's huge! I did not know it was him. Oh, and while he stunk as a QB they are saying he is about 100 times worse as a TE. There should be no way he makes the Jaguars.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Just saw this photo...

View attachment 109137

That's Tim Tebow, he's huge! I did not know it was him. Oh, and while he stunk as a QB they are saying he is about 100 times worse as a TE. There should be no way he makes the Jaguars.

This story ended quickly. Tebow was released today.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
There were several articles today about how bad his blocking was - and it was very bad. I am surprised they put him out there if his blocking technique was this bad - could have really hurt himself.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
There were several articles today about how bad his blocking was - and it was very bad. I am surprised they put him out there if his blocking technique was this bad - could have really hurt himself.

He looks like a TE or LB but he still blocks like a QB. Honestly, they said he was so far below the other TEs on their roster people knew he could not make the team. It's alright though he can always land a part in a Marvel film, he will look great in the suit, or there is pro wrestling, and he plans on eventually going into politics and running for president. Football was just not his thing.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
This story ended quickly. Tebow was released today.

Yes, the reports were he was nowhere near being able to make a team and while he did bulk up and look the part he obviously did not have the skill set. Tim Tebow as Captain America maybe? I think someone wrote Tim would be fifth string as a TE if he was one of three TEs on your roster.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, as we head toward week one of the regular season...

The Texans appear to be attempting to get DeShaun Watson out of town. It would seem he definitely will never play another down for Houston. This makes sense. There are 4 teams with interest at this point it seems. The Dolphins, Broncos, Panthers, and Eagles. The Dolphins hold all the cards and the upper hand on landing him. The Eagles seem the least likely to have a shot or willingness to give up something to get him that the other teams would. The Broncos and Panthers are sort of miles behind the Dolphins in what they could offer. The Texans claim their asking price for him is three first round picks and two seconds. I would think that is negotiable. In the meantime, Brian Flores is not denying anything and says he has "confidence" in Tua. I think this means the door is open but the details are being discussed. I have not followed what Watson's playing status is with the NFL so if the Dolphins land Watson when would he be able to actually play for them? Tua must be the week one starter and if they trade for Watson while he is in playing limbo would they ship Tua to the Texans as part of the deal or keep him as insurance?

Bill Belichick announced a while back that Cam Newton was their starter. He really does not seem to have performed that great through the preseason and camp to have outright won the job over rookie Mac Jones. The Patriots have also discussed using both QBs in a similar way as the 49ers will use their 2 QBs this season. Giving both playing time in different situations and packages. Opinions in New England are split over who should start. Now Bill says they have not yet decided on a Week 1 starter. Basically, either Cam Newton has lost so much game that he can't beat out a rookie like Mac Jones or Mac Jones is much better than people thought he would be at this point. Having watched Mac Jones in some preseason action...well...to me he looks like a rookie. He holds the ball too long, struggles with reads under pressure, and takes unneeded sacks. So, I think Newton just has slipped to the point where he struggles to beat out a player like Jones. Here's a funny thing, the 49ers are said to be a little unhappy with their top two QBs in that they each have a totally different skill set and would thrive in totally different packages. So, you essentially need two separate offensive packages for each QB and this means the rest of the offense needs to be able to play in each set-up rather than having one unified system. The Patriots have the same issue with Jones and Newton. It would make perfect sense to have the two teams swap QBs sending Newton to the 49ers and Jimmy G back to the Patriots. I'd love to see that happen. The issue is Newton is kind of a giant question mark and Garoppolo seems to have more value as a player right now. Other than that a QB swap of these players seems a great idea. I think the 49ers only need a short term solution to play in front of Lance. Lance looks like he will soon win that job. So, Newton does likely cost less than Garoppolo as well. Jimmy G would be better suited to the Patriots offense, could likely take right over and allow Jones to sit because to me he looks like he needs to.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Considering Watson's current legal issues, I don't see any way Houston gets close to three 1sts and two 2nds for him. He's only getting dealt if the Texans come way down on their asking price.

Well, that certainly turned out to be correct. Yesterday the Texans basically announced talks broke down with the interested teams over the high price the Texans want for Watson. This is probably just a tactic but a bad one, the Texans say their plan is to waste a roster spot on Watson and sit him the entire season.

Nobody would give the Texans 3 first round picks for Watson. I'm guessing the rest of the compensation was negotiable but the three firsts were not. If I understand Watson's playing status, the Texans have him sitting, not the NFL. This means if he was traded he could play at least until something happens with his legal situation. At which point the NFL may suspend him. He could also play for the Texans but the word is he does not want to suit up for them and the Texans don't want to put him on the field. So, their intent is to pay him his 10 million this season to sit around.

Basically, I understand that but it seems very obvious the Texans need to get him out of town. Watson is allowed to approve where he is traded and word is he would approve a trade to any of the teams that were reportedly interested. The Dolphins, Broncos, Panthers, or Eagles were all OK with him. Probably because he just wants the hell out of Texas.

I'm sure the Texans want the massive haul of draft choices to rebuild but the truth is when the whole world knows the situation there they also know the asking price is not what they need to offer. Teams like the Broncos, Panthers, or Eagles were no way going to pay a price that high.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks