What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Mill Creek to distribute hundreds of Disney properties on DVD, and Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Has anyone heard of signal one they are releasing FOX titles in the UK Kiss of Death 1947 they say they deal with Fox so Disney allowing overseas releases? I think this deal with Mill Creek will be a big problem for Disney - just wait till releases come out and the big complaints are NO NEW transfers just a old transfer thrown on disc

The Signal One deal is unclear. They had a deal with Fox before the Disney sale went through. After the Disney sale went through, all of the pending Fox titles went on hold. The suggestion was that Signal One (or at least their then-new owners, Patriot Films) had to argue that their deal with Fox was still valid. Most of the Fox releases they've done in 2021 and 2022 have been ones that they have previously announced back in 2018. A couple of recent releases, like Next Stop, Greenwich Village and The Paper Chase, had not been previously announced, but they might've been already spoken for by Signal One.

So, it's unclear whether Signal One is still burning off titles that they'd previously licensed from Fox pre-Disney, or whether they have an actual new deal with Disney.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Kino's deal was on a film-by-film basis, as well.
Are we sure that's true? When some would question the titles Kino was releasing, the Insider would often state they were "assigned" a group of films in an all-or-nothing package deal and had to agree to release them all. That's why we end up with blu-rays of films like It's Pat from the Touchstone deal.

If Kino were able to choose film-by-film, I don't think some of these titles would have been chosen.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Are we sure that's true? When some would question the titles Kino was releasing, the Insider would often state they were "assigned" a group of films in an all-or-nothing package deal and had to agree to release them all. That's why we end up with blu-rays of films like It's Pat from the Touchstone deal.

If Kino were able to choose film-by-film, I don't think some of these titles would have been chosen.

OK, fair point. I was focused more on the Fox titles, which were a pre-Disney deal. My bad.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
After the Digital Bits update, this thread became pretty much a nothing-burger for folk like me that are interested in vintage TV on DVD. Quite sad, but not at all surprising or unexpected.

Gary "Disney will continue to disappoint us with their lack of classic releases - of that I have no doubt" O.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
After the Digital Bits update, this thread became pretty much a nothing-burger for folk like me that are interested in vintage TV on DVD. Quite sad, but not at all surprising or unexpected.

Pretty much a nothing-burger across the board, other than for anything that was missed (by going OOP) in previous releases.

I'm not sanguine about Mill Creek releasing a new Blu-ray of The Egyptian, though.

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If I get the 2 things I mentioned earlier in the thread, I might retire from posting. 🤣

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Another release only makes sense in 4K, but they state no 4K issues are at stake here, so…..
Of course you are right my friend the 60th in 2 years knowing Disney do they really care? This thread is done at least until we know some releases

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
"Was Disney right to pay $71 billion for Fox’s entertainment empire? The sprawling properties it brought in-house helped fuel Disney+ and have given returning CEO Bob Iger a much-needed box office hit with “Avatar: The Way of Water” as he settles back into his old chair.

But investors are scrutinizing spending much more closely than they used to. Disney still carries a hefty debt load from the Fox deal and Iger’s rebound tenure has a time limit as he searches once again for a successor."

Has anyone heard of signal one they are releasing FOX titles in the UK Kiss of Death 1947 they say they deal with Fox so Disney allowing overseas releases? I think this deal with Mill Creek will be a big problem for Disney - just wait till releases come out and the big complaints are NO NEW transfers just a old transfer thrown on disc
MCs rep in the buying community is luke warm at best, with some yelling to "KILL the Monster!!!". If MC conducts themselves in their "business as usual" heads will roll!! With the Disney rep on the line, MC really needs to step up and deliver. For now I guess it's a wait and see situation, the PR did say that more information is upcoming...we'll see!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Pretty much a nothing-burger across the board, other than for anything that was missed (by going OOP) in previous releases.

I'm not sanguine about Mill Creek releasing a new Blu-ray of The Egyptian, though.
a Good film, I ended up buying the French Edition BD. Look very good!!

mBen989

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Well, I guess Give My Regards to Broad Street will finally receive a BluRay release.

willyTass

Supporting Actor
should anyone require the fox release of The Sound of Music
its freely available from Amazon Japan

i have ordered tonnes of fox Japan Blu rays over the years (eg Robert Redford in Brubaker , and their pressing and packaging quality is miles ahead of any replication plant in the world. As they were in the days of Vinyl, Japan is the King of physical disc manufacturers.

should Mill Creek release these you can be assured of aliasing, sound distortions , interlaced authoring , 19mb per second bit rates and of course being pressed in Mexico , the ubiquitous scratched disc.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Last I knew, Amazon Japan wasn't shipping discs to the U.S.

At some point, I'll find out. I still want to get the last two seasons of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. from them. As far as I know, it's the only country where there were releases for those two seasons (S3-S5 I got from the UK).

willyTass

Supporting Actor
I just checked, that’s true what a bummer . In australia we were banned from Amazon Japan for about 2 years and a few months ago they resumed selling to us

zenmarketjapan can order Amazon Japan stuff and send to America though. They only charge 300 yen per item and their shipping and packaging is superb. I’ve found them to be the best proxy service for Japanese goods bar none

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks