What's new

Mill Creek to distribute hundreds of Disney properties on DVD, and Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
All FOX titles. State Fair (1932), The Pied Piper (1942) and The Turning Point (1977). All three have never been on Blu, and two of the three never on DVD. The third had a VERY brief release on DVD by Anchor Bay for about 17 days.

All nominees, too. The Turning Point is BAFFLING that it has never been released again; all I can think is that Fox is embarrassed it didn’t win a single Oscar of 11 nominations. 🤷‍♂️ I know that sounds far-fetched, but why else? More obscure titles have been licensed and released…

And yes, I know they are now owned by Disney.
I would bet a zillion dollars that no one at Disney cares that The Turning Point didn't win any Oscars. I bet 99.9% of people there have never even seen or heard of it too. It's not being singled out for neglect. It's one of 1000s of films that are not being considered for release on physical media. You're talking niche titles and Disney only cares about physical media on their own classics, new releases and other big hit legacy titles. I've mentioned this before, but many of you/us are going to have to be content with only being able to stream certain films that fall through these cracks. I mean The Turning Point is streaming now on MAX and it doesn't look half bad for a film entirely shot with what looks like one of Bob Guccione's diffusion filters. Films like that need an advocate at the labels like Kino, WAC, Shout, Criterion, etc. Someone there has to want that film out. And The Turning Point may not be that film. Write to Mill Creek. Can't hurt. There are certainly lesser films out there than State Fair but who knows what condition the original elements are in (I noticed it is only avail in SD on Prime.) And its about $$$$ and people and the time and effort to deal with all this - from legal to archivists to transportation of elements etc. Trust me, I worked at major entertainment companies for 39 years straight. None of this personal. Especially in today's financial climate. It's all about return on investment and prioritization of resources.

Last edited:

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I received the new catalog from Critics' Choice video today. There's a section for Mill Creek special sales and the following Disney Live Action titles are listed at prices ranging from $6.97 to $10.47. All are standard DVD releases.
THE GREAT LOCOMOTIVE CHASE
JOHNNY TREMAIN
THE INCREDIBLE JOURNEY
THE MOON-SPINNERS
THE HAPPIEST MILLIONAIRE (164 minutes)
THE HORSE IN THE GRAY FLANNEL SUIT
THE ONE AND ONLY, GENUINE, ORIGINAL FAMILY BAND
HOT LEAD AND COLD FEET
THE NORTH AVENUE IRREGULARS
ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING
TOMORROWLAND

There's also a batch of Touchstone Films/Hollywood Pictures listed. DVD only in most cases. prices ranging from $6.97 to $10.47
COCKTAIL (DVD & Blu)
RUTHLESS PEOPLE
OUTRAGEOUS FORTUNE
GOOD MORNING VIETNAM (DVD & Blu)
STAKEOUT
WHAT ABOUT BOB?
CAPTAIN RON
ROCKETMAN (1998)
CRIMSON TIDE (DVD & Blu)
G.I. JANE (DVD & Blu)
CON AIR (DVD & Blu)
MEDICINE MAN
DICK TRACY (DVD & Blu)

Classic 20th Century Fox titles listed. DVD only in most cases. prices ranging from $6.97 to $10.47
THE HUSTLER (DVD and Blu)
THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR
MR. HOBBS TAKES A VACATION
HEIDI
THE ENEMY BELOW
NORTH TO ALASKA
JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH
TORA! TORA! TORA! (DVD & Blu)
ROMANCING THE STONE (DVD & Blu)
JEWEL OF THE NILE
FIGHT CLUB (DVD & Blu)
COMMANDO

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Deep Discount has the Mill Creek "Ghost and Mrs. Muir " DVD for $8.38 .

"The Hustler" Blu Ray $10.02
Don't know if Mill Creek version comes with extras that were on 2oth disc.
Back of 2oth Disk

1712350369322.png

I would guess they have all the titles now from Mill Creek.
Amazon appears to still have at least some of the discs from 2oth, now Disney. So if you are against getting disks from Mill Creek, order them now at Amazon. The Hustler Blu ray $12.01 and The Ghost and Mrs. Muir $12.38 (3rd Party with Free Prime shipping) at Amazon

Last edited:

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
Deep Discount has the Mill Creek "Ghost and Mrs. Muir " DVD for $8.38 .

"The Hustler" Blu Ray $10.02
Don't know if Mill Creek version comes with extras that were on 2oth disc.
Back of 2oth Disk

View attachment 218850

I would guess they have all the titles now from Mill Creek.
Amazon appears to still have at least some of the discs from 2oth, now Disney. So if you are against getting disks from Mill Creek, order them now at Amazon. The Hustler Blu ray $12.01 and The Ghost and Mrs. Muir $12.38 (3rd Party with Free Prime shipping) at Amazon
The Hustler should be on Criterion!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks