What's new

Mill Creek to distribute hundreds of Disney properties on DVD, and Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Those titles and several other 2oth movies are in Kino's While Supplies Last Sale section. So yes, when they are gone, that is it.

AMAZING House on 92nd Street Boomerang and I wake Up Screaming 9.99 each!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Santa Claus makes an early appearance for you !
Santa coming early for a lot of pple if they check that out - I sadly am still not able to add to my collection thankfully have most of them on dvd when I first came home from the hospital I bought a cheap multi region player and also a cheap blu ray so I can play whatever I have that was 2021 and I bought the BFI restoration of Scrooge 1951 from England! I only have two Mill Creek discs in my collection - the serial The Shadow and Boston Blackie Triple feature - had gotten a lot of KINO dvds though prior! My reason for being so honest is friends here have been amazing in the generosity and want to ensure them I am still in no position to splurge it is really heartbreaking thanks for all your love!

Last edited:

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
What was the point of the deal between Mill Creek and Disney? Mill Creek hasn't released or even announced anything in months. They don't exactly have a monthly announcement or a regular slate of releases. LOL

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Disney has a package of films, mostly from subsidiaries that no longer operate, that for whatever reason they wish to keep in print. Mill Creek previously licensed that package for several years. When their license expired, Disney then licensed that same package to Kino. When Kino’s license ended, Kino either did not wish to renew or wasn’t given the option to. Disney then relicensed them to Mill Creek. Simple as that. That deal was never about bringing new, previously unreleased titles to disc or providing format upgrades; it was solely about keeping some low-demand, discount bin titles in print.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Disney has a package of films, mostly from subsidiaries that no longer operate, that for whatever reason they wish to keep in print. Mill Creek previously licensed that package for several years. When their license expired, Disney then licensed that same package to Kino. When Kino’s license ended, Kino either did not wish to renew or wasn’t given the option to. Disney then relicensed them to Mill Creek. Simple as that. That deal was never about bringing new, previously unreleased titles to disc or providing format upgrades; it was solely about keeping some low-demand, discount bin titles in print.
Ahh, so they won't even be re-issuing previously issued titles then. I was under the impression they would re-issue titles that had once been made available either by Kino, Twilight or Disney-directly. My mistake.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

Which means that Mill Creek most likely won't issue any release announcements like they do for their general releases. These will likely by-pass the usual brick'n'mortar stores and e-tailers, and just show up in bargain bins at Wal-Mart, et alia, and dollar stores.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Which means that Mill Creek most likely won't issue any release announcements like they do for their general releases. These will likely by-pass the usual brick'n'mortar stores and e-tailers, and just show up in bargain bins at Wal-Mart, et alia, and dollar stores.
Someone mentioned that it's already happened with at least 1 title, "Dick Tracy".

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
my wish list from the Fox archives
Voyage to the bottom of the Sea (tv)
Planet of the Apes (1974 tv)
Green Hornet (tv)
Journey to the unknwn (hammer tv)
Laurel and Hardy (1941-1945)
Some of those are out on DVD already. That's the best you are going to get. If you're praying for updated blu rays on all these old tv shows, good luck. Those shows are what is going to populate cable tv and the FAST channels going forward. And how many Laurel and Hardy fans are alive anymore ? Their older films/shorts are GREAT cornerstone of comedy and are only on small labels. No one at Disney is putting out physical media for the last gasps of L&H (beloved as they used to be.) Just the reality.

SailorMoon797

Auditioning
Real Name
Simbiat Kehinde
Mill Creek Entertainment announced agreement with Disney.

Titles from Disney, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, ABC Signature, 20th Television, Disney Channel Original Movies, Disney Channel, FX, Freeform, Disney Junior, Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone Pictures and more.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Mill Creek Entertainment announced agreement with Disney.

Titles from Disney, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, ABC Signature, 20th Television, Disney Channel Original Movies, Disney Channel, FX, Freeform, Disney Junior, Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone Pictures and more.
Is this new or the original agreement?

It would be nice if the exceptionally rare TJE TURNING POINT could be released…

If Disney is only in it to make money, why not license titles to criterion or KINO, etc?

I could name three titles RIGHT NOW that could be licensed and released by KINO and would make both parties money…

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I believe that's the same agreement from before which is just for Mill Creek to distribute old catalog titles that have already been released in the same formats they've been released. I don't expect any "new" titles to come out under this agreement, or any "upgrades" in format for any of the catalog titles.

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
Is this new or the original agreement?

It would be nice if the exceptionally rare TJE TURNING POINT could be released…

If Disney is only in it to make money, why not license titles to criterion or KINO, etc?

I could name three titles RIGHT NOW that could be licensed and released by KINO and would make both parties money…
which 3 titles? inquiring minds want to know!

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
which 3 titles? inquiring minds want to know!
All FOX titles. State Fair (1932), The Pied Piper (1942) and The Turning Point (1977). All three have never been on Blu, and two of the three never on DVD. The third had a VERY brief release on DVD by Anchor Bay for about 17 days.

All nominees, too. The Turning Point is BAFFLING that it has never been released again; all I can think is that Fox is embarrassed it didn’t win a single Oscar of 11 nominations. 🤷‍♂️ I know that sounds far-fetched, but why else? More obscure titles have been licensed and released…

And yes, I know they are now owned by Disney.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks