What's new

John Skoda

Second Unit
I watched this lately for the first time. The disc is beautiful.

"Pretty Girl" is truly amazing. But some of the choices made in the movie are hard to understand now. That whole "ballet" near the end--what in the world was that about?

And the most astonishing thing--they get Fannie Brice in the movie, do a whole setup for her to perform "My Man," have her sing only two lines of the opening verse, and then cut away and never let you see her sing it!

Mark Mayes

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Mayes
I watched this lately for the first time. The disc is beautiful.

"Pretty Girl" is truly amazing. But some of the choices made in the movie are hard to understand now. That whole "ballet" near the end--what in the world was that about?

And the most astonishing thing--they get Fannie Brice in the movie, do a whole setup for her to perform "My Man," have her sing only two lines of the opening verse, and then cut away and never let you see her sing it!
Always an eye-roll: The stupid time-wasting stuff in this film while sacrifing an opportunity to see Brice sing her legendary rendition of My Man; I thought there had been a TV edit the first time I saw it.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I have the Criterion released DVD of "Hamlet", so I would think that they should be able to release it in Blu-ray for the many of us who do not have a region-free player.

Unfortunately, though, any recent Blu-ray upgrades of Criterion DVD's have been very sparse, as they are now concentrating on 4K upgrades of titles they already released on Blu. There are so many DVD titles in their library that are so-o in need of new transfers (FIRES ON THE PLAIN, Z, SPIRIT OF THE BEEHIVE, LOS OLVIDADOS, RODAN & Other Japanese Sci-Fi, etc.). But every so often, along comes something like ALL THAT MONEY CAN BUY, and the waiting for a desired title seems trivial.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks