What's new

Mill Creek to distribute hundreds of Disney properties on DVD, and Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I know the UK is also having issues on shipments to the US???
Yeah, I thought that was related to some sort of strike by workers for Royal Mail. I think that's mostly worked out now.

I'm not sure what the issue is with Japan. I ordered several items from Japan last year that were delivered just fine. Then they stopped shipping to the U.S.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Anyone think BR's of "Sodom And Gomorrah","Esther And The King" and "The Story Of Ruth" might arrive ? Or any others that haven't made it to BR ??
2adcf13a-69a3-40ea-a7a3-53849850eda6_1.e3a457763c0232e20776b1f772deccc9.jpeg
2946040.jpg

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Anyone think BR's of "Sodom And Gomorrah" and "Esther And The King" might arrive ? Or any others that haven't made it to BR ??
S and G is available from Germany I think? Fox released a pan and scan MOD yet they show it LTBX on FXM

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
I'm going to leave the urge to make my own personal wish list aside and merely comment that Disney Inc. will be providing the source for this content.

The same Disney Inc. that didn't have the wherewithal to release a complete Bedknobs and Broomsticks via its own company.

The same Disney Inc. that has shorn all of the extras from its Disney Club exclusive Blu's of their live action catalog.

The same Disney Inc. that released substandard transfers to third party Kino Lorber and gave us garbage in/garbage out transfers of Washington Square, Jefferson In Paris, Shattered, and others, looking virtually one step up from a VHS transfer.

So, to suddenly think Disney Inc. will begin remastering ancient content in full 4K remastered HD and then dump it to Mill Creek (a company with its own issues) in sparkling new editions that will advance overall quality lightyears ahead of what is currently on the market is pretty much blind-sided wish fulfillment.

Of course, only time will tell. I would love to see Mill Creek do a St. Elsewhere complete series Blu. Ditto for The Golden Girls. But the likelihood of this is slim to nil. The likelihood of it actually being remastered to perfection before being dumped to disc is a non sequitur.

Regarding new Fox content. I also wouldn't hold your breath. More than likely, Mill Creek is getting permission to re-issue what's already been out there for the asking, because only those movies actually have HD transfers. So, don't hope for Carnival in Costa Rica or Star! and Can-Can to finally find their way to your shelves. And Song of the South...please!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I'm going to leave the urge to make my own personal wish list aside and merely comment that Disney Inc. will be providing the source for this content.

The same Disney Inc. that didn't have the wherewithal to release a complete Bedknobs and Broomsticks via its own company.

The same Disney Inc. that has shorn all of the extras from its Disney Club exclusive Blu's of their live action catalog.

The same Disney Inc. that released substandard transfers to third party Kino Lorber and gave us garbage in/garbage out transfers of Washington Square, Jefferson In Paris, Shattered, and others, looking virtually one step up from a VHS transfer.

So, to suddenly think Disney Inc. will begin remastering ancient content in full 4K remastered HD and then dump it to Mill Creek (a company with its own issues) in sparkling new editions that will advance overall quality lightyears ahead of what is currently on the market is pretty much blind-sided wish fulfillment.

Of course, only time will tell. I would love to see Mill Creek do a St. Elsewhere complete series Blu. Ditto for The Golden Girls. But the likelihood of this is slim to nil. The likelihood of it actually being remastered to perfection before being dumped to disc is a non sequitur.

Regarding new Fox content. I also wouldn't hold your breath. More than likely, Mill Creek is getting permission to re-issue what's already been out there for the asking, because only those movies actually have HD transfers. So, don't hope for Carnival in Costa Rica or Star! and Can-Can to finally find their way to your shelves. And Song of the South...please!
Did you have a chance to read the disclaimer that was added after the Press Release? By decyphering the laywer speak, there are some interesting points of misdirection. But until the rest of the story is revealed, all of us are in the dark.
But we know the players and thier behavioral patterns. Hoping for these two to change is like asking a leopard to change their spots. :D

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Hopefully Mill Creek will release the Complete Series of The Golden Girls.

That's currently streaming on Hulu and several other places. Anyways Disney not likely going to let someone else release such a hot property as The Golden Girls are if it's not from them solely.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Per the press release posted 1/30/23

Mill Creek Entertainment, a division of Alliance Entertainment Holding Corporation (“Alliance Entertainment”), a distributor and wholesaler of the world’s largest in stock selection of music, movies, video games, electronics, arcades, and collectibles, today announced it has signed a home entertainment licensing agreement with The Walt Disney Company.

In the multi-year agreement, Distribution Solutions, a division of Alliance Entertainment Holding Corporation, will distribute hundreds of select physical (Blu-ray and DVD) live-action film and television properties from the ABC Signature, 20th Television, Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, and 20th Century Studios content libraries.

“This significant partnership further builds on our studio’s substantial offering of home entertainment products that appeal to collectors and fans alike,” said Jeff Hayne, Senior VP of Acquisitions and Production of Mill Creek Entertainment. “Mill Creek will assume the role of vendor of record on certain existing titles.”

“We are excited to have signed a licensing agreement with The Walt Disney Company. This incredible partnership is a testament to Mill Creek’s solid reputation as a premier resource for major studio content providers,” said Ben Means, President of Mill Creek Entertainment. “Titles will benefit from our vast network of physical and e-commerce retailers, including several where we have proprietary fixtures for DVD and Blu-ray™ products.”

“Disney is a leader in the video industry, and we are humbled that they chose Alliance to maximize the sales of hundreds of their film and television properties,” said Jeff Walker, CEO of Alliance Entertainment. “We have built three great divisions to produce the video industry’s best sales channel to drive sales of physical video product by incorporating the skills of Mill Creek for licensing and production, Distribution Solutions for retail and bulk distribution, and Alliance Entertainment for one-stop sales and ecommerce fulfillment.”

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Not certain how I feel about this.

I know there was a rumor a few months back posted by THEDISCFATHER on Facebook about Disney starting another label to release their product. There was some speculation as to the truth of that rumor given the source's questionable reputation.

However, there obviously was something in the works as we now have this announcement.

On the one hand, this could be a potential gateway to getting out a wealth of the Fox product that everyone has been wanting.

My only concern is Mill Creek itself. I am surprised by this partnership as the distributor isn't very renowned. I would have expected if Disney was going to partner with anyone it would be Kino.

Still, it's going to be interesting to see just what comes out of this distribution deal.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
On the one hand, this could be a potential gateway to getting out a wealth of the Fox product that everyone has been wanting.
That's my attitude too. We'll have to wait and see what comes out, but if some titles now out of print, e.g. ex Twilight Time titles, get a second release, that will be good. There's also the issue that Disney released a handful of titles exclusively to Disney members, e.g. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea, and possibly these might now become available to non-members.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
It's already been confirmed this will not contain any actual Disney product (like 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea) nor will there be any new to DVD/blu ray/UHD titles. This will be reissues of previously released titles, many of which have already been released by Kino.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's already been confirmed this will not contain any actual Disney product (like 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea) nor will there be any new to DVD/blu ray/UHD titles. This will be reissues of previously released titles, many of which have already been released by Kino.

Aaaah, thanks, Thomas. So, essentially nothing to see here. Nothing to get excited about. No expectations that any of the Fox catalog will see Blu-ray or 4k distribution in the near future.

Guess I'll go back to tending my ant farm.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
That is very disappointing news. The Fox library is a deep and valuable one, and I was hoping this could be an outlet for it. Now it's all in flux again!

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
So to clarify --with the Digital Bits additional information does that mean the remaining seasons of "The Fall Guy" is still possible to be released on DVD or no? (With or without any remastering)?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The deal appears to be exclusively about reissuing certain less popular back catalog titles using the existing masters and in the same format as the previous releases. This deal does not include any format upgrades. This deal does not include new masters. This deal does not include new-to-disc titles. This deal is strictly about keeping a relatively small collection of titles from Disney subsidiaries in print.

So if the remaining seasons of The Fall Guy were never on DVD previously (I’m not familiar with the show), they won’t be released as part of this deal.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I know the UK is also having issues on shipments to the US???

They were, during the pandemic. I don't know if they still are. It's been a while since I've ordered from Amazon. Let's see...according to my records, my last purchase from Amazon UK was in March 2021; same with Amazon DE; May 2019 from Amazon FR. Have yet to order anything from Amazon JP.

As I recall from my last few orders from UK and DE, it depended somewhat on whether it was from an Amazon Marketplace dealer, from an AM dealer with shipping from Amazon, or from Amazon directly.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo

Things are going to get messy at Disney shareholders not happy https://restorethemagic.com/ Using park revenue to cover streaming losses etc meanwhile their films are not being released on vid in any sensible way their classics etc this Mill Creek deal is not getting any fans on the board Peltz wants change -- love that site RESTORE THE MAGIC! And predictions are Disney will dump ABC and ESPN by the end of 2023!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks