What's new

Man Oh Man This is Killing Me............. (1 Viewer)

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor

Good sign. At least it wasn't Joe's Pizza.

If you do call back in a few days DO NOT sound desparate or annoyed. If you get her voice mail again just tell her you were calling to say that you'll be doing your stand up again on such and such date. If she can make it great, if not no biggie. After that it's up to her. No third call, it's stalker-ish.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Right, I see that he called once already. I'm saying it's no big deal to call a second time. After the second try, though, I would stop.

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
What about George Costanza? Has to break in to the chick's appartment to erase a bunch of messages he left cause he got anxious she wasn't callng back :D

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Hey Guys. Thanks for all the support and words of advice.

Last night at 10pm she called and we were on the phone for an hour and a Half. She is Just awesome and I mean awesome. She mentioned how much she loved the Cape ( cape Cod )and JFK. I mentioned that my parents Live in Yarmouthport and my mom happened to be a flight attendant on airforce one with JFK. She just lost it. She might be stopping by the bar where I host the game show tonight.

Thanks again guys

Sherm

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I love these threads. :D

I'd say call her every 2 or 3 minutes with messages like:

"Hi, it's me again. I thought there might be something wrong with your machine, but I guess not."

"Hello, I thought you might be in the shower when I called last and couldn't get to the phone in time, so I'm calling back to give you another chance.... nope, I guess not. Well, I'll call back in a few minutes just to be sure."

"Hey. Me again. I thought I might have missed your call. Just checking."

"Hi, I just stepped out to get the mail and could've sworn I heard the phone ringing... guess not."

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Happens to me all the time.

Meet a nice girl, call her and leave message, never get a call back. :frowning: Im a nice guy thats the problem. :angry:

Hope she calls you.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
thats money, baby, money :emoji_thumbsup:

you're like a BIG BEAR man, with GIANT F*CKIN CLAWS

Brad_Harper

Stunt Coordinator
What always (100% guarantee) works for me if a woman dosen't call or email back right away is to call or email back a couple of days later saying "I see you're playing hard to get already. Nice."

Make sure your voice tone is cocky but sounds like you're kidding slightly. I always always get a response back within a day.

Feel free to use this one guys. :D

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor

I'd suggest the book "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Robert Glover

It's not about acting like a dick. And it's not one of those alpha-male pick up artist bullshit books either. It's about recognizing a pattern or behavior and finding ways to change it.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Hehe, the Nice Guy, every loser's favorite scapegoat finally shows up. I haven't read that book, but loved this rare negative "review" from Amazon:

So... it ain't 'cause you're nice, it's because you're booooooring...

--
H - Man, I've made a lot of enemies today... Nyuk nyuk nyuk...

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor

:D :D :D

Now some more stuff. She drives a VW and when I told Her I drive a jetta GLI she just went nuts. then she asked what color? When I said Black Magic Pearl she just melted. Also when I mentioned to her what she said about calling her( "your not going to wait six days are you") Swingers came up. It just happens to be one of her favorite Movies.

Oh she is also a HUGE Red Sox and Pats fan.

Can I be this Lucky.

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor

Thanks. I have some Great Pictures of my mom right next to JFK. We have some Signed Pictures of Him and Jackie plus some family pictures with John John.

My Grandmothers Old house is about a stones throw from the compound. My Parents Lawyer bought the old house and put a deck on the roof. On a good day you can see the compound.

My mom on weekend would go over and talk to the Secret service guys out front, Hell she knew them from flying with them on AFO.

Pamela

Supporting Actor

So true! I have never seen this put so well. I'm gonna have to get that on a T-shirt! :laugh:

BTW, congrats Mark!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks