What's new

Favorite Single Lines Of Dialog... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I will avoid the usual Most-Famous lines such as "Frankly Miss Scarlett," or "I was misinformed" and "I'll have what she's having," or "Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!" Instead, I will delve a little deeper into films both great and not so great that have a perfectly-delivered line that stands out in my memory and makes me smile each time I hear it. It might well be from a movie not generally thought of as being terribly witty. I'm won't describe the context or the scene involved, as most of you will know what I'm referring to. If not, watch the movie again! These are all a matter of opinion, of course. Please join in!

JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH (1959) James Mason to Arlene Dah: "You make my mouth water."
A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS (1966) Nigel Davenport to Leo McKern: "It had occurred to me."
TOOTSIE (1982) Sydney Pollack to Dustin Hoffman: "Oh, Michael, I begged you to get therapy..."
BLAST OF SILENCE (1961) Narrator: "You don't have to know a man to live with him, but you have to know a man like a brother to kill him.
CITY SLICKERS (1991) Bruno Kirby to Daniel Stern: "Same Day."
BEST IN SHOW (2000) Fred Willard To Jay-Lyn Green: "Remind me never to come to you for a physical!"
DARK AND STORMY NIGHT (2009) Name summoned during a seance: "Gunny Gunny Luck Cakes..."

So many! I'll post more later.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Midnight Run-
Jack Walsh, to Jonathan Mardukas-
“So you pissed off a Mafioso killer to be loved by a bunch of fuckin’ strangers- that makes a lotta
sense.”

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Hell Or High Water- Ranger Hamilton (I really think this was an ad lib) in the small town diner after they were told what to order-
“Tell ya one thing- nobody’s gonna rob this sumbitch.”

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Pulp Fiction-
Mia- “Marcellus throwing Tony out of a 4 story window for touching my feet seem reasonable?”
Vincent- “No, it seemed excessive, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.”

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Heartbreak Ridge - "Why don't you just sit there and bleed awhile before you taste some real pain."

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - "When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk."

Blazing Saddles - "He was nothing, the bitch was inventing the Candy Gram and they probably won't even give me credit for it."

And my all-time favorite...

Arthur - You're a hooker? Jesus, I forgot! I just thought I was doing GREAT with you!

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Heartbreak Ridge - "Why don't you just sit there and bleed awhile before you taste some real pain."

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - "When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk."

Blazing Saddles - "He was nothing, the bitch was inventing the Candy Gram and they probably won't even give me credit for it."

And my all-time favorite...

Arthur - You're a hooker? Jesus, I forgot! I just thought I was doing GREAT with you!
If we're going to do Blazing Saddles we must have "Mongo only pawn in game of life"

And around my house we frequently quote High Anxiety "I got it - I got it - I ain't got it"

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
If we're going to do Blazing Saddles we must have "Mongo only pawn in game of life"

And around my house we frequently quote High Anxiety "I got it - I got it - I ain't got it"
Also from Blazing Saddles:
"...you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore."
and
"What in the wide, wide world of sports is a-goin' on here?"

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
City Slickers-

Ira Shalowitz (David Paymer)- “They give us a trail boss with a coronary, they give us a bunch
of drunks, and we’re supposed to worry about the cattle? You’re a nicer person than I am.”

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks