What's new

Man Oh Man This is Killing Me............. (1 Viewer)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor

Thursday Nights I'm in Holbrook at a Place called D'annes( its on RT 37 near the highschool) hosting Game Show Mania. Not really near by but about 10 minutes from Quincy.

Later.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Hrm, BOTH veedub owners? is the next meeting going to be at the service department? :D

I kid I kid... sort of :b

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

From the sounds of it, no, but on the other hand, until you are "formally in a relationship", she's not going to want to appear over-eager either. The same needs to apply to you, a female friend once told me, when I was having problems with the girl I was after at the time, that some women, just like men, enjoy the challenge of "the chase", although obviously for women, their "chasing" isn't as overt as it is for men. Hence, be cool... ;)

Oh, and :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
hey guys. I heard from her last night she was so sorry that she didnt call. and she wants to get together sat

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Did you speak to her or did she leave a message?

I don't buy it one bit.

Right now everything is happening on her terms and on hers only. She calls you when she feels like it (2 nights after you leave a message!) and you're always ready to oblige, because you're ripe from 2 days of stewing (AKA thinking about her).

You need to (re)gain control of the situation.

--
H

Michael Martin

Screenwriter

I respectfully disagree.

Relationships that are based in power struggles or games start out on shaky ground. I've come to value being able to talk directly and openly about difficulties, big and small, and have no stomach for "who has hand."

Don't play reindeer games. She might be taking it slow and steady, with no thought of "control" or she might be abiding by some stupid set of rules (which are just as stupid as guy's rules).

Find out which, and decide if she matches what you want in a love relationship.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
OR, she may be asking the same questions to a group of people in an online message board and following their advice. ;)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
There is nothing to talk about openly here, he just met her. He can't really complain about the delay in returning calls without sounding like a psycho - they are not in a relationship or even close unless I read everything wrong.

He can however make her understand (by making himself a bit less available) that he is not at her call.

I am all for open and direct communication when two people have decided to be together.

Mark, if you want to see her after Saturday, SET THE DATE (as in meeting) before you leave her. Or at the very least, tell her WHEN you intend to give her a call, even if it's the day after (nothing wrong with that!). It will save you days of wondering why you haven't heard from her or why she hasn't called you back.

See? I wasn't advocating that he adorns his Evil Strategist hat and concocts an elaborate plan to make her madly fall in love with him forever. Just a few simple things to avoid going through the agony of waiting for stupid phone calls.

--
H

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
How true.

We Just spoke about 2 hours ago and was glad to hear from me and she want to get together sat night ( which I asked )

Claudia P

Stunt Coordinator
This chick is playing games. It's only common courtesy to return a call - same day, if possible. How come you keep getting her answer machine? Everything is too pat with her. Call me cynical, I just don't believe all those 'coincidences'. You sound like a nice guy. This chick sounds like trouble. :frowning:

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
Hey, don't listen to all that man. Sounds like you got a lot of good stuff going with her. Perhaps she didn't return your call so quick because she's a busy person. Or perhaps not. You'll find out by hanging out with her.

Have fun!!

Brad_Harper

Stunt Coordinator
Listen to Holadem. Make things happen on your terms. That way you're not sitting around waiting by the phone. That is when the mind wanders. Only bad things come from a wandering mind. :D
It doesn't mean that you have to be a jerk or anything, just do like Holadem said and tell her when your going to be calling and tell her when you can go out next. Do things on your terms.
Another thing to add is that she is probably getting advice from her friends right now on what to do about you. Women never seem to give their girlfriends good dating advice. So be prepared for her to do some not so logical things. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks