What's new

The "Guilty Pleasures" Movie Confession Thread (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
A guilty pleasure for me is pearl harbor by Michael Bay. I remember seeing the promo back when it first came out at the movies and it stuck with me. When I did see the film a lot of stone faces were around me but I kinda liked it. Was it flawed? Yes a ton of them but I liked the idea of what it could have been. The music and cinematography were amazing but the script was kinda bland. It's strange because the writer of the script went on to do " we were soilders" another favorite of mine.
Actually this is one I should have thought of. Parts of the film are great, but the screenplay is atrocious most of the time. The attack and the Doolittle Raid are worth the time wasted watching the other mess.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
A guilty pleasure for me is pearl harbor by Michael Bay. I remember seeing the promo back when it first came out at the movies and it stuck with me. When I did see the film a lot of stone faces were around me but I kinda liked it. Was it flawed? Yes a ton of them but I liked the idea of what it could have been. The music and cinematography were amazing but the script was kinda bland. It's strange because the writer of the script went on to do " we were soilders" another favorite of mine.
I would go further... for a general audience to "feel" the depth of a horrific situation, they have to be vested in the lives and loves of the characters to perceive the commitment they are making, which is almost inconceivable in this day and age.
I love the character development in Pearl Harbor...it made every turn of events take on emotional meaning as to how it forever altered lives. Every time I viewed it theatrically there were tears at the end...not just for the movie heroics but for resurrecting a sense on national pride that has grown unpopular in this century. Pearl Harbor was one of the highest grossing films the year it came out, and the pioneering CG attack is still astonishing 20+ years later.
One regret I have was missing the premiere... It was held in Pearl Harbor aboard an aircraft carrier with many WWII Vets present. That would have been a memory for a lifetime!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
There are two guilty pleasures for me of recent, both Joey King films, and both from 2022-- one is The In Between, which I first saw on Paramount+ streaming on a free trial, and now have on DVD; she was Tessa there (got it on DVD at Walmart of recent as a Walmart exclusive).

inbetweendvd1.jpg

inbetweendvd2.jpg

The other, of course, is Bullet Train, where she was The Prince; I loved her faux-British accent, and that's why, IMO, both her character and Brad Pitt's Ladybug character are the absolute stars of the piece. It is, however, the abundance of cursing that has made that one a guilty pleasure, notwithstanding how much I enjoyed it.

bullettrain1.jpg

bullettrain2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks