What's new

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
A delightful and kind gentleman. Met him in 1961, and had a discussion about his WB work - Casablanca, Maltese Falcon - when I asked about M he was taken back that I had seen it, as I was in my teens.

I think I first saw it in my teens as well - it’s one of those that sticks with you forever. First time I ever saw Mr. Lorre perform was probably in 20,000 Leagues.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I got the 4K Hitchcock set which contains this masterpiece today and watched it this evening. What a remarkable job that has been done on picture and sound! I loved every frame! Finally, one of my favorite Hitchcocks can stand tall with its siblings! I'm so grateful I lived long enough to see this new restoration! A big and sincere thank you!

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I got the 4K Hitchcock set which contains this masterpiece today and watched it this evening. What a remarkable job that has been done on picture and sound! I loved every frame! Finally, one of my favorite Hitchcocks can stand tall with its siblings! I'm so grateful I lived long enough to see this new restoration! A big and sincere thank you!
It’s the team at Universal.

KMR

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin
Especially so in Day's penultimate execution of that pop ditty as though it were an operatic aria, [...]

I don't remember Day singing the song again after that scene, although I admit I haven't watched the movie for quite a while. Wasn't it her final, not penultimate, performance of the song in the movie?

But I like the original more and more over the remake as time wears on. It has a ribald Brit-based flavor and, [...]
"Ribald"?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Does the Perspecta track register as 5.1 for everyone?

It appears to play as 3.0 but my player and receiver both list it as 5.1.

Just wanna make sure this happens for everyone and it's not some weird quirk of my system!

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Does the Perspecta track register as 5.1 for everyone?

It appears to play as 3.0 but my player and receiver both list it as 5.1.

Just wanna make sure this happens for everyone and it's not some weird quirk of my system!
The track should be denoted as 5.1. The info on one’s receiver should show L/C/R, ie 3.0.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks