Man Oh Man This is Killing Me.............

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Mark Sherman, May 3, 2005.

1. Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman Supporting Actor

I met a girl Sat night we hit it off just great ( I was soo money) I got her phone number so forth Blah, blah, blah. I gave her a call on monday and I left her a message. Now its Killing me waiting for her to call back. Since I already left her a message should I wait to give her another call? If so when should I give her one wednesday or thursday?

2. eric holm

eric holm Stunt Coordinator

My standard rule is no way.

If a chick is really interested in you, there's no way, even if she's nervous, that she's not going to call you back. The other option is to wait until a time you know she's not home and leave a message then for her. She disregards two messages? Forget it. This also prevents the awkward "Why are you bothering me when I didn't call you back the first time?" conversation.

I actually stopped leaving messages for this very reason. It lets you stay in control of the contact initiative and you don't have to sit back and wonder what the deal is.

On the other hand, with caller ID these days, she may wonder who this freak is who's called her 27 times!

Good luck. I bet she calls.

3. Mark Sherman

cool thanks man. She insisted on giving me her number. when she left there was a big hug ( no Kiss ) and her saying somethng to the tune of I hope to hear from you.

4. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

How do you know that she got the message? Does she have roommates? Maybe she didn't get it.

It's always a possibility.

I would wait a few days and try one more time. Just in case... If she doesn't return a second message you know she probably isn't interested. I would also try and call when she is around. It's better to talk to the real thing IMHO.

5. Mark Sherman

Its her cell number and its the only number she has. It was her name and voice on the message. I hope to hell she got the message. That thought did cross my mind of her not getting my message. OK OK I'll wait a few days then I'll give her a call.

6. Jason Kirkpatri

Jason Kirkpatri Second Unit

I just hope you sounded "breezy" with your message.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Mark Sherman

I have no idea what the hell that means

8. Jason Kirkpatri

Laughing over here - it's a Friends episode thing. Monica left a message for Richard and....well...if you know what I'm talking about it's funny (not disrespectful in any way or shape).

[​IMG]

9. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler

This is soooo much more complicated. When you called her cell, did it ring or go straight to voice mail? Then we can continue.

I too hope you sounded breezy on that message.

10. eric holm

eric holm Stunt Coordinator

I suppose that she could just be old fashioned and want you to make the first move. I doubt it though. Not if she offered you her number. I still think she'll call.

My problem and the reason for my initial response is this.... We all have female friends who've been really interested in some guy. Females practically become stalkers when there's someone they want to go out with.

I suppose though that if she hasn't called by next week or whatever, you're no worse off by giving her another call. Downside's still the same and upside is there may have been some reason afterall.

Good luck.

11. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

It's from a movie. Kate and Leopold rings a bell but that might not be it.
    EDIT: Aaahhhh... yes, Friends! [​IMG]

12. Mark Sherman

The phone did ring a few times and did not go right into Voice mail.

13. Jason Kirkpatri

My thoughts: she should have been expecting your call. Sounds like she really wanted to see you again. If I was that into a girl, I'd be sure to let everyone (in the house, apartment, etc) know that I'm expecting a call.

She should have been expecting your call. You called. Now you wait.

If she doesn't phone back, her loss.

14. Mark Sherman

You got that right. I have met alot of women over the last year or so doing my comedy thing and hosting the game show. But None and I mean None hit me like this one did. We went outside for a smoke,I bought her a few drinks. She is just off the charts good looking and with a great sence of humor as well.

15. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Hehe, just dont end up like Mike, from Swingers... that one scene with him calling Nikki is one of my favourites [​IMG]

16. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

OT: Love the Sig Mark! I told my wife about it (she works as a manager in retail) and she got a real kick out of it. [​IMG]

17. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale

Aww, Nick, you beat me to it. That too is one of my favourite, yet most painful to watch scenes.

Trent: All I'm saying is that if you call too soon, you may scare off a beautiful baby who's ready to party... Two days is like industry standard
    Mike: How long are you going to wait to call your babies?
    Trent & Sue (together): Six Days.

Maybe you didn't wait long enough Mark [​IMG]

18. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

Call her tonight. Again, leave a simple message ala "It was nice meeting you ... blah blah blah ... give me a call at ___" Even if she got the first message, she might be playing little games and waiting for you to persist. That's okay, let her think she's got control. Some chicks need to think that (even if she has no idea you're a stone cold playa).

19. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

Christ, I despise that fucking game playing routine. When I met my wife, she engaged in none of that silly horseshit. That's one of the reasons why I married her.

20. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler

Daren, he did call and left a message. So girlie has a missed call displaying his number and a voice message.

Nick is right about that scene in Swingers too. Dude starts stalking her at 2:00 a.m. Classic. Another great line:

I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's *really* hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. Okay? You're a bad man. You're a bad man, Mikey. You're a bad man, bad man.

Growl Mark, you're a bad man.

Good luck.