What's new

iPad Pro owners thread (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yes the cup holder attachment is stable. It is a rubber screw like base that enlarges or dimishes to fit any sized holder

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
yeah thats a heck of a lot of stress, plus if you watched the whole vid he just was having too much fun destroying that device.

I received my 12.9 256gb Space grey Pro today, had a heck of a time trying to activate it 2 hours on the phone i finally got it set. I'm glad i went with the 12.9 its a lot smaller and lighter than the previous 2 gens, i'm gonna get AppleCare on it, so far i really like it.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
For me it was a no-brainer since I do design and I create sketches and renderings as part of the process. I can see other uses for the Pencil. It depends on what you want to do with it. If you’re not sure, maybe you don’t need it.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
For me it was a no-brainer since I do design and I create sketches and renderings as part of the process. I can see other uses for the Pencil. It depends on what you want to do with it. If you’re not sure, maybe you don’t need it.
i don't think i do however i would like to get a stylus/pointer that could still attach to the unit but i wonder if that would cause a problem

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
We dropped our AT&T & Verizon phone lines for T-Mobile a couple of years ago, but I finally got around to dumping my grandfathered “unlimited” AT&T iPad LTE for T-Mobile as well. Should have done it sooner. We are now on T-Mobile 55 or older plan, $30 a month for the iPhone, $20 or the iPad, both unlimited, both with Personal Hotspots use available. International travel data & texts free.

To top it off, T-Mobile LTE is way faster than AT&T in NYC. Did a SpeedTest while underground waiting for the 1,2,3 train: 92.4 Mbps down, 19.2 Mbps up. IMO amazing

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Can you get those prices for stand alone iPads? Ie without having a phone on network?
Don’t know — in fact I tried to find out from T-Mobile’s website before going to their local office to switch my iPad over to them — info was kept too secret for me to figure out. Straight forward online price info is unfortunately not something that they have added to their otherwise great customer service.

Honestly I originally switched my iPhone to T-Mobile strictly because I was aware of their incredible deal for free international service. All the other spectacularly great benefits came as very pleasant surprises.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Question specifically for anyone who upgraded from 2017 iPad Pro to 2018 iPad Pro. (the smaller size, not the 12" versions)

Was it worth it? Do you regret doing it? I have a buyer for my 2017 Pro and, along with some saved up Apple rewards, will make a 2018 iPad Pro very affordable. Debating on whether I should pull the trigger...

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I don't regret it for a moment Carlo. The display on the 2018 is so much nicer to me, and the tablet just seems more refined. I'd liken it to the differences between the Apple Watch Series 2/3 and the Series 4. Not revolutionary, but evolutionary, in a very good way. It's definitely overkill for my uses (mostly email and information consumption), but I love my 11" 2018.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Heya Doug!

Agreed with everything you said about the 2018 iPad and Series 4 watch. Both HUGE improvements in different ways.

My iPad is also overkill for what I do, which is just reading email and magazines on TEXTURE.

The one thing I look forward to -- and this is highly rumored at the moment -- is for Apple to lift software restrictions on iOS so that the iPad finally works like a computer. The #1 complaint about the iPad is that you cannot move around and execute the iOS platform as easily as you could a computer with OS X. You would think that it wouldn't be difficult for Apple to have fixed this already. Microsoft has figured out how to make their tablets work as a computer, though the iPad gets better ratings than the Surface.

The big hope and current expectation is that this Summer, Apple will announce a refined iOS that will truly make the iPad a computer-like experience that may finally make laptops obsolete for some users. Then again, perhaps this is something Apple won't want.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
It’s a bigger challenge than that Ron. Hardware for the iDevices is totally different than the Intel solutions on the Macs. So code has to be rewritten and recompiled for those processors. Microsoft uses Intel cpus on their tablets and PCs so it’s easier for them. And apps for iOS are coded differently than for macOS. Not saying they won’t do it. Just that it’s way more effort and time intensive for them than for Microsoft.

That said I just put the order in for store pickup. Says ready for today so I’m going to head to the store soon in anticipation they’ll have it ready within an hour or so before they close at 9pm my time.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
One question. Since it only has USB-C do either of you connect to a computer that doesn’t have that? My Mac has thunderbolt 2 (2015 MacBook Pro). Do you have a specific cable you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks