Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
D1773093-A5AA-46D3-90B1-649BA603E5ED.jpeg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Gotta get to Apple to check out new iPad Pro’s.

Or, maybe, gotta definitely not go to Apple to not be tempted by new iPad Pro’s. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sam, congrates! Looks great.

So is your new iPad Pro setting up wirelessly like a new iPhone would when placed near an old one?

I was wondering about that because I back-up my iPad Pro on my old Mac Pro. So I might need a USB cable to USB-C adaptor?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Mine came about 10 minutes ago. Once I finish my email and HTF work I will open it up.

For future reference, when you sign up for USPS MY CHOICE (it is free) and request email/text notifications of your delivery they email you a link where you can see a map of your area and a moving truck icon where you can see where your delivery is. I was tempted to drive out to another street to meet the driver, but I figured I wouldn't bother him.

I am not certain this is available in all areas. Actually, this was the first time I had seen something like this. The thing is, like USPS trucks, there is a GPS device installed which enables Supervisors to keep track of where their carriers are. I guess they thought it would be a good tool for the public to assist in tracking packages.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Mine is set-up. Worked very fast using my old iPad for it to set-up from like Sam did above.

The first thing that strikes me is the size. It does feel smaller! The user interface is like the iPhone X. So it is like using a large iPhone. Since I set this up as a new iPad, I’m manually adding apps. The next question is how to connect to my mid 2012 Mac Pro ( last tower before the cylindrical one) to sync it there and sync my content.

Well, now i’ll Just start getting familiar with it. I do keep reaching for the Home Button out of habit.

I just watched iJustine’s video of the unboxing of the iPad Pro. She is in New York for a Good Morning America appearance so her video was goofier.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Great device. I am sitting here typing on the iPad using my new keyboard folio. However, as I stated before, I really don’t enjoy using this for that purpose. I mainly bought this to read magazines and newspapers and for that purpose it does a great job.

I went from a 9.5 to a 12.9 iPad Pro so the screen real estate is soooo much better.

This thing feels really light in the hand even at this size. Of course, it’s much more responsive than ever before.

The things I don’t like?

The Apple Pencil sometimes squeaks across the glass as you turn pages. I definitely did not expect that noise.

The keyboard folio, once and always attached, is a real nuisance in the hands when not in use. This was something Renee Richie pointed out in his iMore review and I completely agree with him.

Going back to the pencil, you still have to use your finger to do the most basic iOS gestures. I had hoped to eliminate fingerprints all over the screen by using the pencil. However, you can't use the pencil to simply swipe up and go home. You have to use your finger to do that each and every time.

I wish this was a real computer replacement so I would not have to keep switching between the iPad and computer. However, on its own merits, this iPad Pro is pretty damn incredible and it doesn’t look like a device that will need replacing when the next best iteration comes along. It’s already pretty damn remarkable.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have UPS My Choice account and this was not available anywhere for me.

Guess it's area related or which distribution centers have GPS units in their trucks. I am certain this will be available to all areas soon.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

The Anker chargers are unbeatable. I have one of these, though probably not 30w.

Had an issue with my new iPad Pro. It was charging slow. Sometimes it was losing power while in use and plugged in.

Realized that it no longer uses the 12w charger brick. I had to use that since I have an extension cable with a USB-A end.

Apparently, the new iPad Pro charging brick is 18w. So I simply bought a USB-C to USB-A adapter and am now using the 18w brick that came with the iPad Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks