What's new

Got a used Apple 30” Cinema HD Display (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
RAH, I imagine for your work, you’d want a modern 4K capable display. But since you still have that Apple Cinema Display, you ought to use it. :) I have seen some blu ray videos played back on this 30” display and they look great! Not for more critical viewing, but the image looks great.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
RAH, I imagine for your work, you’d want a modern 4K capable display. But since you still have that Apple Cinema Display, you ought to use it. :) I have seen some blu ray videos played back on this 30” display and they look great! Not for more critical viewing, but the image looks great.
I was using it mostly for sync and running multiple images. The size was helpful. It’s not something to use for color. My iMac 24 is far better for that. Currently using the 24 for both Johnstown as well as another un-named project. I work between that and 4k projection.

When using the 30 in my office set-up, it was alongside another monitor for more accurate color. What that was escapes me at the moment.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Hey RAH, you mean you sold it to your son? Well, it went to a good home. :)
Negative. He was storing it for me. Presumed I no longer needed it. Now has a new home. Probably a good thing, as it wasn’t 4k. Still a great monitor.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the clarification on your monitor’s disposition. It is a great monitor! I enjoy using them daily. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks