What's new

Apple Studio Display stand to VESA mount? (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys, while I’m not in the market now, I have a friend who told me he looked into buying the Apple Studio Display and asked the Apple Store staff if they can change the stand out to a VESA mount. He said they could not answer that, they did not know. Then I did a little searching as I was surprised it’s not a DIY possible. On one search, apparently to change the stand you have to send it to the Apple Store Genius Bar and leave it to have a tech change it. One guy even got concierge service via Apple Care where a third party company will take the display and make the change and return is a few days later. That technically was a repair.

This really surprises me, I have a 30” Cinema Display and I know it’s an easy swap to make. It sounds like the rear panel on the Studio Display is not designed for changing out the stands or adding a VESA mount. Is this true?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Not surpising at all. Apple wants you to buy their $1900 stand, or the $2300 stand if you need height AND tilt adjustment! They DO sell a VESA adapter for the display, but guess what? It's priced at $1900 too.

:laugh:

Positively ridiculous.

1687278040652.png

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
So you have to decide which kind of base or if you want the VESA mount when you buy the display and it’s set up that way. Got it, thanks. If you want to change the base, that’s more effort later.

Robert Saccone

Premium
So you have to decide which kind of base or if you want the VESA mount when you buy the display and it’s set up that way. Got it, thanks. If you want to change the base, that’s more effort later.
As the Knight said in the Last Crusade - Choose Wisely. :)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was talking to a buddy of mine and he read somewhere that you can get it changed at an Apple Store, but they have to remove and replace the whole back of the display. I have no idea what that costs.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Rodney, I’ve been finding similar info. And no pricing, but one guy got it done free because it was under AppleCare.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks