What's new

Cary Grant: The Complete Filmography - Watching All Of His Movies (2 Viewers)

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
As Cary Grant once said, "Even I want to be Josh Steinberg". Mazel tov, pal!

JoshandMonica14716131_10100680803556141_5782043426508049427_n.jpg

Allansfirebird

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sean
Still away but have had a few free moments here and there - what can I say? Movies are my hobby. HTF is my hobby. Couldn't go on vacation without taking a couple hobbies with me :)

Flattery will get you anywhere. :cheers:

Side note: is anyone else noticing an issue with the HTF pages incompletely loading, or going into a "safe mode" in Chrome? It's preventing me from seeing the top bar to access my profile, messages, or notifications. It's sending me to a verification page to ask if I'm sure if I want to "like" a post, and replying is an impossibility. Also, if I go to the forum main page, the links to the various forums show at first, then disappear, along with the top menu bar. Everything is working in Microsoft Edge.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Flattery will get you anywhere. :cheers:

Side note: is anyone else noticing an issue with the HTF pages incompletely loading, or going into a "safe mode" in Chrome? It's preventing me from seeing the top bar to access my profile, messages, or notifications. It's sending me to a verification page to ask if I'm sure if I want to "like" a post, and replying is an impossibility. Also, if I go to the forum main page, the links to the various forums show at first, then disappear, along with the top menu bar. Everything is working in Microsoft Edge.
I use Chrome at work and FireFox at home. Chrome is continuing to give a "Flash Crashed" message at the top of the screen but still works (although that "Op Snap!... Something went wrong! Icon? pops up in the posts sometimes

But to bring it back to the topic as Rich Little imitating Cay Grant would say
a0352113a3a756a9d3b9d1673ecc2319.jpg

"Judy, Judy Judy!" :D

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
FYI, TCM will be airing "When You're In Love" (one of the two Cary Grant movies never released on VHS/DVD/BD) on Sunday November 6th at 8pm.

No word as to whether it'll be in HD or SD but it'll be commercial free, which makes it an immediate step up from the GetTV broadcast that aired with commercials earlier in the year. Since I haven't watched it yet, I'll be DVRing it and looking forward to what's hopefully a higher quality version.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Josh, waiting on your comments on "When You're in Love." Gorgeous print with the missing Minnie the Moocher number restored. I found Grant and Moore quite charming.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Josh, waiting on your comments on "When You're in Love." Gorgeous print with the missing Minnie the Moocher number restored. I found Grant and Moore quite charming.

I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but it's safely stored on my DVR and looking forward to it. Would like to finish my Grant marathon before the end of the year but it's gonna be down to the wire.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Decades TV has been promoting a segment this week that covers the storied career of Cary Grant, including his famous film, To Catch A Thief. I figured due to November 29th as the anniversary of his passing. TV Guide lists two shows on Tuesday, the 29th, The Best of Hollywood followed by The Greats. Plus an airing of To Catch a Thief all very early in the morning, then at 11:00pm, two more shows covering Grant, Cinema Legends and Hollywood Remembers, followed by another airing of To Catch a Thief.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don't think I have that channel - if you see the shows, let us know how they were! :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I usually wake up at 6:00am and hit the road at 7:00am to try to avoid the main traffic, but I did tune into Decades TV this morning to see that they aired To Catch A Thief at 6:00am. It looked like a full screen zoom, I saw the flower market sequence. The Cary Grant features on Cinema Legends and Hollywood Remembers airs at 11:00pm, past my bedtime. If I'm awake, I might sample them.

There's always a bit of an incongruity about the time and place this film is set. Before I watched the supplements, I thought it was a contemporary film set in the 1950's. When I saw the extras, the one woman who was a technical advisor spoke about the shirts that Cary Grant was to wear being too contemporary. The time the film takes place he would have worn that pull over the flower lady grabs the sleeve of. So I guess that's just after the war? So that's confusing me.

But then to add to that, the car that Francie is driving is a Sunbeam Alpine from 1955, the year the film is made.

As I recall the dialogue, Robie says he had not stolen anything for 15 years. So that times out from the 6 years he spent in the underground till after the war where he was pardoned along with his gang. That makes 1955 sound about right. So I still trying to figure out the timeline. Maybe I'm thinking too hard over it :)

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
I usually wake up at 6:00am and hit the road at 7:00am to try to avoid the main traffic, but I did tune into Decades TV this morning to see that they aired To Catch A Thief at 6:00am. It looked like a full screen zoom, I saw the flower market sequence. The Cary Grant features on Cinema Legends and Hollywood Remembers airs at 11:00pm, past my bedtime. If I'm awake, I might sample them.

There's always a bit of an incongruity about the time and place this film is set. Before I watched the supplements, I thought it was a contemporary film set in the 1950's. When I saw the extras, the one woman who was a technical advisor spoke about the shirts that Cary Grant was to wear being too contemporary. The time the film takes place he would have worn that pull over the flower lady grabs the sleeve of. So I guess that's just after the war? So that's confusing me.

But then to add to that, the car that Francie is driving is a Sunbeam Alpine from 1955, the year the film is made.

As I recall the dialogue, Robie says he had not stolen anything for 15 years. So that times out from the 6 years he spent in the underground till after the war where he was pardoned along with his gang. That makes 1955 sound about right. So I still trying to figure out the timeline. Maybe I'm thinking too hard over it :)

No, you may be onto something here, Nelson. The 1955 Sunbeam Alpine was new in the early Fall of 1954, which means that after John and Francie shared that night of "fireworks", Francie may have become pregnant and assuming a slightly shortened gestational period given birth on May 1, 1955, to...me! It all makes sense now!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks