What's new

Cary Grant: The Complete Filmography - Watching All Of His Movies (2 Viewers)

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Thank you David for posting this...perhaps your mother knew more than she could say? I know medical professionals of those older generations...nurses, physicians and therapists...who will take their privacy oaths very seriously and to the grave...honourable and refreshing, in contrast to the gossip driven blabbermouths so prevalent today...but, as Cary Grant disclosed all about his LSD psychotherapy himself, it's all in the public domain anyway...your post led to that very interesting read about "Dr." "Acid Al" Hubbard, a fascinating insight into the incipient discovery phase of drug psychotherapy of the '50s...much there I did not know...even though it's implied that Hubbard might have had some connection to the intelligence community, it is more likely that his interest in LSD was genuine and confined to helping drug addicts and alcoholics...a true believer, and with no connection to the CIA and project MK ULTRA which was heavily invested at McGill in Montreal...I see that the article referred to an inquiry by then Socred Health Minister Rafe Mair into whether there was any CIA sanctioned or directed involvement with Hollywood Hospital...and finding none...it seems that good old Cary Grant had quite a few Canadian connections...I remember him being a perennial visitor to the Calgary Stampede in the '80s, attending with his then very young daughter who loved the rodeo and was an accomplished equestrian...

I remember going with my Dad to pick my Mom up after work (I was 4 in 1959), and Hollywood Hospital wasn't a big modern downtown hospital. It was a small private hospital in a residential part of New Westminster, the small riverside town where I was born (in a different, regular hospital). So keeping things on the QT was easier for Hollywood Hospital than it would have been for an actual Hollywood hospital. My Mom was real good at keeping secrets, and even though I don't think that meeting/treating Cary Grant was one of her secrets, I do know she'd have kept her promise to her employers.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
So not to make light out of any of this, but...which Cary Grant movie would be best to drop acid to? I've never tried hallucinogens so I honestly have no clue. I guess his Alice In Wonderland, although I wonder if that would be terrifying...

It couldn't be one of the black-and-white ones. I hate colorization.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Don't forget, Josh...In a marriage, both parties need to help with the chores...such as making breakfast.

2014-03-13-tumblr_mve4clw9JY1rd3j6po1_500.gif

779d6fa043835d69fcc2e2899900a7ee.jpg

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
"From my wife Mónica..."

I bet it felt great to say that!

With all the ugliness in the air at the moment, it's been really nice to partake of a sliver of your happy story from afar!

Thank you and Mónica for your generosity in sharing of yourselves - may happiness be your lot.

[No need to reply, just savour the special start to your new life together.]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks