Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’ll probably get the target version. The booklet is better then a fancy case.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'll get the regular Blu-ray. Retailer exclusives don't really interest me on the Marvel titles because they would be inconsistent for shelving purposes with the rest of the collection in keepcase form.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I have pre-ordered the 3D version from Amazon.uk. It was available the week it premiered in the theatre.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'll be getting the 4K UHD release, probably the Best Buy steelbook to keep my Marvel stuff consistent, but I really don't care for the artwork too much.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Here are the specs for the home video release:

• Alternate Movie Versions
    • Movie with Intro – An introduction by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
    • Movie with Commentary – Commentary by directors/screenwriters Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck.
  • Featurettes:
    • Becoming a Super Hero – Follow Brie Larson’s journey as she joins the MCU, and see what it takes to be a Marvel Super Hero in every sense of the word.
    • Big Hero Moment – Explore how impactful Captain Marvel’s entrance into the MCU is, and how she inspires audiences around the world.
    • The Origin of Nick Fury – Witness some of the MCU’s most significant events through Nick Fury’s eyes, and see how his influence helped shape the MCU.
    • The Dream Team – Discover why Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck are the perfect pair to direct Marvel Studios’ most powerful hero.
    • The Skrulls and the Kree – Take a deeper look into the Skrulls and the Kree, their ongoing conflict, and the importance of shifting perspectives in the film.
    • Hiss-sterical Cat-titude – The cast and crew dish on working with Goose and the raw talent it takes to portray such a complex character on-screen.
  • Deleted Scenes
    • “Who Do You Admire Above All Others?” – Kree Commander Yon-Rogg must answer to the Supreme Intelligence, who questions his leadership ability.
    • Starforce Recruits – Yon-Rogg lectures a roomful of students on the Kree’s mission to defend all nations from the scourge of the Skrulls.
    • Heading to Torfa – Vers (Danvers) and her fellow Starforce members banter as they prepare for their rescue mission to Torfa.
    • “What, No Smile?” – In this alternate version of a scene from the movie, Vers is consulting a map when she receives a dubious offer of assistance.
    • Black Box – Keller attempts to track Vers and Fury after their escape in a quadjet from the Joint USAFA Facility.
    • Rookie Mistake – Novice S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Phil Coulson helps Director Keller out of an embarrassing situation.
  • Gag Reel – The fate of the universe hangs in the balance as the cast battles props, flubs and Flerkens in these outtakes from the set.

Digital Exclusives:

o Journey into Visual Effects with Victoria Alonso – Experience how filmmakers’ visions of the MCU come to life on-screen through the skill of the Visual Effects team.

• What Makes a Memory: Inside the “Mind Frack” – What does it take to craft an action-packed sequence for a Marvel Studios film? Nothing short of an epic team effort!
  • Concept Art – Explore artwork from “Captain Marvel” and trace the visual development of characters.
  • On-Set Images – Uncover a trove of behind-the-scenes and production photography.

https://mcucosmic.com/2019/05/09/of...vlbgjYSSPGYVTalxiNT4AiTt27PdbxkqM_ia0qx7_NtGc

I still think it's bullshit that there are "digital exclusives." Those should be on the blu-ray.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That's encouraging. I thought Disney was done with 3D in Europe. I've added my pre-order, too, now that there's an actual date.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Strangely enough, the Captain Marvel UHD/blu-ray is up for pre-order on Amazon.

Nice catch. Unfortunately, Disney pre-orders have appeared there, briefly, throughout their feud and then end up getting removed or not fulfilled on release day. I still don't trust Amazon on a Disney title, personally, so I'm not going to chance it. I'll just get it from a store.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I've got the Steelbook UHD preordered from Best Buy.

I never usually preorder the retailer exclusives, but then decide on the actual day it hits shelves that I simply have to have a particular exclusive, and then end up scrambling. Decided to just save myself the song and dance this time around.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
A deleted scene on Hala

I liked this scene a lot. I liked the movie but one of the problems I had with it is that the stakes are often very unclear, especially in the early going, so it's hard to invest in it. This scene might have clarified some of that if they had kept it in.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I liked this scene a lot. I liked the movie but one of the problems I had with it is that the stakes are often very unclear, especially in the early going, so it's hard to invest in it. This scene might have clarified some of that if they had kept it in.

Agree about the scene. I think if they had spent 45 minutes on Hala, establishing the background, the relationships, the motivations, and showing more of Hala society, it would have made Carol's re-entry on Earth even more impactful. I think back to Total Recall (1990), which spent about 45 minutes on Earth before Arnold heads to Mars.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Didn't realize how much I was looking forward to owning this movie until I woke up early to be at Target by 8am to get one of the few remaining 4K exclusives they have there. I can't remember the last time I did that for a home video title...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks